• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

I guess just using Pokémon Bank in general and restarting X and Y without losing the Pokémon I gained the first time around.

In Rumble World, a visitor offered to take me to Pixie Glen Special for 500 coins. I accepted the offer.

Then I depart with a freshly caught Xerneas in my collection. Best 500 coins ever. Even better, I made it wobble while making quick work of it with Mega Beedrill's Poison Jab.

After numerous attempts, I finally managed to beat Mega Mawile in Pokemon Shuffle today. Thanks to Mega Sableye, I managed to make enough combos on my last move to finish it off.

I was allowed to bring my 3DS to school yesterday, and I added a new friend, meaning I have 97 free spaces left. That, however, isn't the reason that I'm posting here. The reason is because I got Streetpass data for ORAS and Shuffle from him, and, while the Shuffle data was pretty nice, it was the ORAS data that made it a YES!! moment.
The reason:
He gave me an Eon Ticket :party:

I got fairly far enough in the Battle Maison Super Triples - a 42 streak. I decided to take My Sawsbuck, and he did wonderfully. When one of the front members died to a Grass-type, I'd send out Milotic and then switch for Sawsbuck so I get a free Attack boost due to Sap Sipper (Cradilys just love using Giga Drain). Then he'd sweep with Horn Leech or Wild Charge. It worked several times.

Finding out Deoxys is catchable in ORAS games. Catching it was a delight and maxing it's special attack was awesome.

Okay, I realize this sounds not very YES!, but it was at the time! ;)

On my first play through of Y, I was on cyllage gym, and training a charmander, chespin, and someone else...
But! Both except CharChar got KO'd, so it was down to crustle and charmander, and CharChar had 4hp left.
Freaking out, I didn't know what to do, then I saw it...*dramatic flashback....*
"What am I gonna do?!? I can't lose at the second gym!" I spat to myself, "ember won't knock him out..."
Then I saw it, shining in the lower left move slot. dragon rage
"But Dragon Rage will!!!" And that's how I won that gym...

Fun, right?

In Rumble World, successfully catching two legendaries: one yesterday, another today.

Yesterday, got Dialga. It was sparkling, so my Mega Lucario was able to defeat it.

And today, got Keldeo. Had to weaken it with my Pidgey before switching to Gutsy+ Patrat with Super Fang. After making it wobble, finished it with Hyper Fang.

I was battling someone in Battle Spot Doubles the other night. Me and my opponent both had one Pokemon left. I had Mega Metagross and she had Mega Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan used Sucker Punch and my Metagross survived with 18 HP left. I used Hammer Arm to knock Kangaskhan out. O.O

Today I was playing mystery dungeon: explorers of time. I'm at the pet with the amp plains, and the luxio were giving me trouble, so I just kept going through the dungeon to level up. I brought a random paras with me, cuz it's the only thing that wanted to join my team. Well, during the dungeon, he leveled up and learned spore. I did not know how amazing spore was in this game, and it helped me win the boss fight and I was so happy.

Looking for something to do so I decided to look up were I could possibly find some of my favorite pokemon in X...first one was Scyther since he is by far my favorite...next was Dragonair/Dratini....found that you could find them both on R21...got Scyther last night and decided to wait for this morning after I woke up. Booted my game up and did a little running around before I went back to R21 for my Mon....now all I had was a super rod and I read that it's only a 5% chance of getting a Dragonair so I was prepared for a LOOOONG day of fishing....found the first spot I could fish on and threw the rod in....BAM!!!!!!!! Dragonair...after a quick ball and an Ultra it was mine.....YAY!!!!!

Mine would probably be my first success with RNG - it took me a while, and a lot longer after that to perfect it, but when I saw that shiny roggenrola appear from inside Wellspring cave, I was overjoyed.

Not a "YESSS" per se, but a bit of a nerve-racking moment from last night:

Just started my first Nuzlocke on Ruby, had been playing for about an hour, and then some 'guy' challenges me, I send out Zigzagoon (...the fun of Nuzlockes...) he takes some damage, so far so good, then Seedot, same old, I use bide, I win. Next pokémon... Taillow, 2 levels higher than my poké O_O.... I think, hey I ll stay with Seedot, I ll risk it. First peck nearly takes me out, I think okkkk, time for a switch, I send out Torchic, he uses Quick-Attack and lands a critical hit .... O_O .... oh boy oh boy (they both lvl 8 and 9 I think), I scratch, he quick-attacks.. we go on.. I have 1 HP left ......... not feeling so good if I lose my Torchic now... I use scratch thinking he ll quick attack and.... I WIN :D he must have chosen peck or growl or whatever, and I actually got out of this battle with all my poké intact... pheww.

I know this is only the start, but I am not looking forward to actual battles with Gym leaders and the E4 + Champion in Nuzlocke mode :s

I just did a Wonder Trade of a random extraneous Magikarp and wound up with a level 77 French Mewtwo.

My reaction was combination of this and bafflement.

EDIT: Today must be my lucky day. Further Wonder Trading netted me a level 100 shiny Camerupt, with good IVs and Pokerus to spread!

EDIT2: Shiny Ho-Oh. Methinks I should go buy a lottery ticket or something.

Last edited:
Strangely enough my biggest YES moment wasn't from anything hard. Even more so it wasn't even something I had done myself. It was in Pokemon Emerald when Rayquaza first appeared in Sootopolis City. I was incredibly impressed by the new graphics and story of gen 3 and I really and I mean REALLY got into it. When the version mascot finally appeared I was just so excited. My favorite moment I've ever had in Pokemon.

Of course I've also had these moments of extreme joy when catching a really rare/legendary pokemon and when winning an utmost difficult battle. Best example of catching was Raikou in Pokemon Silver. I loved Raikou a lot but I was never able to catch it throughout my numerous playthroughs of Silver (believe me it were a lot of playthroughs). Then I found out about Mean Look and found out I could use it so Raikou wasn't able to escape. Even then it was still really difficult to catch him but the moment it finally happened I was so happy and couldn't wait to show it to my friends.

Biggest YES moment in battle was against a kid from my neighborhood. He claimed he was the best at Pokemon in town so I challenged him (this was at the time of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl). We made it a Wager match. The winner was able to pick any Pokemon from the loser. Especially for a kid this becomes quite the adrenaline rush. We were decently matched up although I was never really in danger of losing. When I beat him with two Pokemon left that feeling is hard to put in words. It wasn't a clutch win or anything but I was finally able to get both Palkia and Dialga, which felt great at the time.

Successful at robbery Evolution Stone from Kecleon shop in Pokemon mystery dungeons EOS :D

I restarted Ruby (for what i intend to be the final time after farming all the legendaries to transfer up to gen 4) and i made it to the cave on the edge of Dewford. Out pops a wild Abra (the first one i've seen since the restart). I throw one of my 3 great balls. *Click* Abra was caught! I checked it when i got the the computer and lo! It has Synchronise (superior to Inner Focus) and +Speed nature.

Catching Arceus courtesy of a traveller that offered to take me there after several failed attempts and at least a dozen Diamonds, either by defeating it and it did not drop as a toy or being defeated by it. Then, the game took pity and made it sparkle.

In two of the failed attempts, it wasn't a complete loss: netted a Vaporeon, which I was missing, and a Mew!

Edit: And today, got two legendaries in a row! Got Celebi on my first try, and got Mewtwo right after.

Last edited:
Encountering a shiny Sableye in a horde in the Sky Pillar in Alpha Sapphire, I wasn't even chaining or anything, it was a completely random encounter, my first time encountering a shiny that way. (Unfortunately 2 days later I traded it away for a legendary though...)

Thanks for reading!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom