• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

I defeated Giratina in Pokemon Rumble Blast and befriended it. When down to my last mon. ​With 12 health left.

Catching a shiny Skorupi in the Great Marsh in Platinum, which, on it's own, is a big deal, let alone the Great Marsh. The best part: it had an Adamant Nature and perfect IVs in Attack and Speed (I traded it over to another Platinum to check, as in that particular Platinum I've only just got Surf). Normally IV stuff doesn't interest me, but considering that it was not only a shiny, but caught in the Great Marsh, AND had two perfect IVs + great Nature, that's a really rare treat for me. Now, should I raise it? Or should I just keep it boxed to transfer it over later?

Having Farfetch'd be the MVP of the champion battle vs Diantha in X is a pretty big "YES!" moment! He OHKO'd Hawlucha with Sky Attack, OHKO'd Goodra with a well-timed Retaliate, and OHKO'd Mega Gardevoir with Iron Tail. (the latter was a rather big "please don't miss!" moment, too!)

Who knew Farfetch'd was such a beast? (ok, the choice scarf I gave it might have helped, but still)

I've been having so many good "YES!" moments in OR. I've been catching Legendaries left and right. Last night (after a few resets of course) I caught Palkia with just ONE Dusk Ball! I was so happy. Before that, I had caught Ho-oh in just two tries! Needless to say I was super happy. o3o.

When i encounter a pokemon with less than 5% of appearing on my first try XD. Also, finding hidden grotto pokemon in black and white 2.

I needed like one more win in the Super Single battles in the Battle Maison in ORAS. I was down to my Rough Skin Life Orb Garchomp with about 27 HP, the opponent was a Gallade on about 2/3 HP using Shadow Sneak, I literally thought it was the end, and then the heavens opened up, and reminded me that my Garchomp had Rough Skin, it was a draw, but I evidently took the win, and I was jumping for joy lol.

I just battled a Trainer in Platinum's Route 214, my Houndoom against his Shieldon. I won without taking any damage because Houndoom's Bite caused Shieldon to flinch, six times in a row. It was great.

After four false starts, I ran into a shiny Sawk in one of my Fighting Safaris. The fact that I didn't have to grind this out over six months--yes, you are reading that right--was a huge yes to me.

Even better? The one I caught was Adamant!

Caught a Sharpedo with Speed Boost at full health with one Ultra Ball in O. Ruby. Been wanting one for the longest time and I finally caught it. =D

EDIT: Finally managed to get a friend safari with a Frogadier! Double yes!

Last edited:
I decided to compete the National Dex in OR and went on capturing pokemon. I collected around 705 pokemon now, but just after I caught Suicune, I visited the Pokemon Center. This happened:

Nurse Joy got all excited about my Gold Card. I looked up the requirements, and I saw I had completed them without knowing. This is the first time I'm seeing Joy call me by my name ever since my birthday, and when I talked to her again her speech bubble was reduced to "Hi [player]! Going to heal your pokemon? Yes/No" - pretty neat :3

I was playing Rumble World and KO'd a Golett, which caused the game to pause and the camera zoomed in. That brought a smile to my face--as I knew I had gotten something rare--but apparently, I wasn't done yet: I defeated a Golurk and the same thing happened.

I was able to get myself a Splendid Golurk. Finally, after playing the Plasma Tundra Bluff Special for weeks, I nailed myself an uber-special Golurk. I was so happy! XD

When playing Omega Ruby after the Elite Four with the intent of catching Groudon with an Adamant Nature at long last, and having initially KO'd Groudon the first time just for this rematch. I go in with Adamant Synchronize Gardevoir, the battle begins. I suddenly switch out to Blue Orb Kyogre which Primal Reverts to Primal Kyogre and changes the weather to Primordial Sea. With Desolate Land no more, I switch out to a Level 100 Breloom I've had with both Poison Heal and Toxic Orb, and carrying Spore, Swords Dance, and False Swipe. Primal Groudon barely dents Breloom with Lava Plume because of me removing Desolate Land, and within a few turns, Primal Groudon is caught and when I check the nature Groudon has an Adamant Nature on the first go. And thus, for the first time in... ever, I finally have a Groudon with a Nature that doesn't suck.

Finally completed the World Championship in Rumble World. Took me an Yveltal, a Petilil, a Primal Kyogre, and a Victini in that order.

And since today was Friday, got a couple more diamonds from it.

Catching a shiny Ninetales in the FS.
I have many shinies, so why is this such a 'YES!' moment? Well, one of my Pokemon dreams was to catch a shiny Ninetales. I didn't want someone to give me one, oh no, I wouldn't be satisfied with that. I wanted to catch one for myself. To see my name in the OT section.
I spent hours and hours searching for this elusive blue and grey fox in White but had no luck. I tried for hours and hours my other games as well, but still returned empty handed.
By the time XY had came out I had already given up on the dream of owning my own shiny Ninetales. Well, that was until I heard about the Friend Safari. I ended up becoming friends with someone with a Fire-type safari that contained Charmeleon, Pansear and Ninetales, so I began searching once again. After a week of searching I started a give up again. Maybe the universe just didn't want me to own one. Then all of a sudden….*sparkle noises*….. I look down. It's shiny Ninetales. At that moment I was starting to freak out. What if I fainted it? What if my 3ds turns of? What if I accidentally run away from it?
I sent out my Scizor and used a few weaker moves, trying my hardest not to faint it. With about half of it's HP left I threw an Ultra ball. It failed. Threw another one, failed again. I only had 2 Ultra balls left, I was starting to worry, I didn't have any other Poke balls left. I threw another one and crossed my fingers. I waited.
Luckily this time it worked and I had caught it. Finally, after years and years of searching, I had my very own shiny Ninetales. Even better it had its hidden ability.
Ever since them he has been a firm member of my team and is now on my ORAS team.

Last edited:
Finally catching that Lugia in Rumble World. It has given enough headaches, so it's a relief to get it out of the way. Thank you, Gutsy Metagross.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom