• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

Today I was playing Yellow and went through the 3rd gym. First, I somehow found the two switches in the trash cans on my first try. Then when I fought Lt. Surge, his Raichu was giving me more trouble than I expected (he kept getting critical hits on me). I defeated him with only my Sandshrew left, and right after the battle, Sandshrew evolved into Sandslash! That Sandslash has earned its spot on my team. :D

A while back, I was going for a female Gible in Omega Ruby. I had already caught a male, but I wanted a female for the nickname I had in mind. My first search for a Gible after catching the male showed a LEVEL 33 GIBLE! I made a successful sneak, and the Gible was a female! I sent out my Gardevoir, Miku-Chan (Vocaloid reference,) she traced Sand Veil (oh, well,) and I started chucking Poké Balls, but she (the Gible) kept breaking free. She was using moves like Dragon Claw, Earthquake, and Rock Slide, just moves Gible learns normally, but then

The wild Gible used Iron Head! It's super effective!

I switched to my Swellow, Skylar, and kept chucking Poké Balls, roosting whenever Skylar's HP dipped very low, and after about 50-ish Poké Balls, I caught her! I named her Rias (after the character from High School DxD (who herself was named after Garchomp (Gaburias).) She had a Rash nature (which also sucks,) but BOTH physical IVs

When your rival is the Champion. When you beat Wally and making legendary Pokémon faint.

Anytime I beat a new champion. Blue, Lance, and Steven, especially since I played them with my older sister. We were always on pins and needles because we never got a strategy guide (or had the Internet) back then so it was always a big deal (lots of dancing) when we first defeated them.

When I looked at my Shaymin's nature and saw that it was Modest. And THEN I learned it has "outstanding" IVs. Modest isn't as good as Timid, but it's good for special attack while still using attack as a dump stat, so I decided "enh, close enough."

When I was just playing a Nuzlocke in Pokemon Black, caught my first Pokemon on route 6. It was Carrablast (worst encounter evar!) then, after a while i went there again. And encountered Deerling. A shiny Deerling. My first shiny in my life that I actually caught!

I was playing pokemon X and i found one of my favorite pokemon, fletchling, AND it was a shiny
Same with my Alpha sapphire game except it was shuppet
(Sadly i lost both game cartridges recently:cry:)

My friend also gave me her shiny charizard, jirachi, and genesect

When I got my Shiny Growlithe in OR while breeding UNDER 30 EGGS! Man I haven't been this lucky with shinies before.

The YESS moment- I guess when I caught Reshiram in White 2 with 3 pokéballs, no kidding. Seriously, what is its catch rate?
The next one was, when I caught Yveltal, obviously in Y. That one had almost gobbled up my team, when Greninja saved the day. That beast was paralyzed, with hp reduced to red, but that gosh darn Oblivion Wing.. I can't even remember the great number of ultra balls I had to use. Again, seriously, what is its catch rate?

When someone notices you're playing Pokemon and asks for a battle, you say "Sure, why not?" Cue Pokemon select screen: Your fairly decent team of Forretress, Cofagrigus, Cradilly, Aegislash, Weavile, and Charzard, vs Primal Groudon, Mega Rayquaza, Latios, Mewtwo, Reshiram and Ho-oh. Forretress opens against Groudon, no entry hazards happening here, explode. Mega Charizard Y then proceeds to carry the team through most of Groudon, Rayquaza, and Latios. Mewtwo, Reshiram, and Ho-oh are then defeated by the teamwork of Weaville, Aegislash, and Cradilly. The final duel is a fresh Cofagrigus vs a mostly dead Groudon. Cofagrigus survives Precipice blades like a boss, and annihilates Groudon with Hex. I cheered. The guy then muses he should've used rest instead, leaving me with 2 - 5 turns of sleep boosted Hex. Good to know I had it either way.

Finally finding a wild Weedle in Blue a couple of days ago. I ran into so many Caterpie it wasn't even funny. So once that Weedle popped up, I nearly threw a party. I also caught it in the first Ball I threw as well.

How long was I hunting for a Weedle? Well, let's just say I caught one Pikachu and the opportunity to catch three others. Yeah, I was hunting a while.

A passerby asked for a trade and started showing me legendaries. I thought it was another braggy person boasting their legendary collection, so I put up a shiny Hydreigon (I had multiple of them from past trades) just to see if they accepted it... and they gave me A SHAYMIN. I checked the stats and it turns out to be the 20th anniversary Shaymin!

Mind, the 20th anniversary mythical pokemon downloads aren't available where I live. Thanks, whoever you are.

Did a few Wonder Trades with some leftover HA Starters that I had hatched. I got two major goodies out of it. First, I got a shiny Chimchar with 5IVs (Sp. Def being the weak one), then I got another shiny, this time a Snivy, which also had 5IVs (Sp. Atk being the weak link). For the first time in ages the Wonder Trade was very kind to me, as usually I get Caterpies and Zigzagoons.

I was playing against an opponent who had their Drifblim use Minimize 3 times AND had a Substitute. I wasn't sure if it was even going to be possible to kill it, but my Staraptor used Brave Bird - and it got rid of the Substitute.

Nah, that's gotta be the one and only luck I'm gonna have. Surely that thing is going to evade the next - HOLY OMFG BRAVE BIRD HITS AGAIN. AND DRIFBLIM FAINTS.

That was my Staraptor - the superstar of my team who eats up 3 stacks of Minimize - 6 stages of evasion - like it's nothing .

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom