• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

It's a while ago now, but beating Cynthia in Platinum with four Pokémon. It was a very ballsy thing to do since I usually bring a full team, and she's Cynthia. Out of all the champions I expected to overcome at a numbers disadvantage, she was the last.

I think the best moment came from when I used the burn Milotic purposefully received earlier from Flint's Flareon's Will-O-Wisp to stonewall that dreaded Garchomp with Marvel Scale. Nothing felt more awesome than showing I could do that.

Catching a shiny female Eevee in X. I wasn't even LOOKING for an Eevee, let alone a shiny of any sort, but I got a shiny female Eevee by chance. Caught the little girl, will probably evolve her into a Sylveon, as I love its shiny form.

Today I bred someone a HA female Chimchar since he needed one for breeding and he traded me an Eevee egg. After the trade is done, I went to hatch the egg hoping that it's female since it's in a love ball, but I know that chances of getting a female Eevee is low. Once the egg hatched, I became happy and excited that it's a female 4IV calm Eevee! I'm keeping her to breed her in the future for a Vaporeon. :)

Mine was catching one of the fighting-type trios in one Quick Ball at full health. I don't remember which one it was.

I spent quite a while trying to catch a Modest Abra with Synchronize in Moon. I went through 105 Abra to get it. As an apology for making me wait so long it was holding a Twisted Spoon, too.

After many years in the making, I've finally recruited every Pokémon in Blue Rescue Team. The game that got me back into Pokémon is now 100% done.

If that's not a "yes" moment then I don't know what is.

Ora's was the first time I completed a pokedex

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Won the master ball in the lottery on festival plaza after my second attempt. I wasn't focusing on the game, so it shocked me when I looked down and saw that I won. I was just expecting another berry juice!:D

Hatched a Timid 6IV Rotom in Omega Ruby.

While awesome, I'm actually breeding for a specific Hidden Power type so I don't intend to use this one myself.

Completing the National Dex at long last. And getting two shiny Glameows via Masuda Method a few batches after this.

I caught a shiny Emolga while looking to fill my Pokedex! Two shinies without the shiny charm! Can't wait to get that thing.

EDIT: Misidentified the shiny charm as a shiny stone. Just wanted to fix that. ^^;

Last edited:
After hatching a bunch of eggs, I still don't have a shiny Oricorio.

Instead, I got one with perfect IVs in all stats. I'm going to take a break from breeding and raise the pokemon.
So it's been over a month since I tried Masuda Method'ing for a shiny Oricorio. I've been sending breedjects over WonderTrade, and the first yes moment I got was when someone sent me a 5V Ralts. It was lacking in Speed, but still a great pokemon to use as a parent.

I decided to take a break from the Oricorio hatching once more and started breeding the Ralts, but then I got a shiny Ralts on the fourth egg! It was more of a perplexed moment because I didn't want a shiny Ralts (I already have one in ORAS), and after all those weeks a shiny decided to appear right then and there for the wrong pokemon.

But I remembered reading somewhere on the web about players hatching batches of Magikarps until they got a pokemon they desired, and softresetting the whole process over and over. As I didn't care about the shiny ralts, I simply hit soft-reset and changed the parents.

And yes, on the fourth egg - I got the shiny Oricorio!! It missed out on some of the IVs that I wanted, but then again, hyper-training is a thing. I'm willing to hyper-train this thing regardless of how long it'll take XD

I was doing a battle for the Alola Friendlies, and my Electric Silvally was up first against a Gyarados. I'd seen an Alolan Marowak in his team lineup before the battle, but I had no idea if he brought him into this specific battle or not. I decided to chance it and call the switch-in to Marowak, so that instead of feeding its Lightningrod with Thunderbolt, instead it took a Super Effective Shadow Ball to the face. And what do you know, I called it right. It just feels so good when you're right about those things.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom