• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

Bred a box of Curse Rowlets from scratch and got one with the nature that I wanted. (I didn't have a parent with the intended nature... ;_;)

I've recruited everything in Aegis Cave. All 28 Unown, the golem trio, Regigigas, and those random Machamp/Crobat family members.

When the Egg-hatching global mission was in progress (still is at the time of this post), decided to try the Masuda method to contribute.

Successfully bred a shiny Minccino with this process. Even better, she inherited her (French) mother's Hidden Ability.

*breathes*

OH MY GOD I JUST WON 50 STREAKS IN SUPER SINGLES. I BEAT BATTLE LEGEND RED.
OH. MY. FREAKING. GOD.

I used a borrowed team: Mega Salamance
Eviolite Porygon2, and the Water Tapu.

I almost lost at the 48th battle because a Mega Metagross nearly wiped me out, leaving my borrowed Mega Salamance at 1HP to fight a Charizard at full HP. The only attack the Salamance had was Double Edge (the rest were status moves)

So I was like, "f**k this" and used Double Edge - AND WON THAT. It was a double KO but the Charizard fainted first, so my win :D

I also almost lost against Red because his Lapras froze my borrowed Porygon2 and it won't thaw for 5 turns. But with extreme luck, Porygon2 thawed and used Recover when one more attack would have fainted it. Red's Mega Charizard X and Blastoise were down in no time.

I was nearly crying when I got that 50-streak commemoration stamp. My character also mentioned about learning some new battle style. I don't know what that means...

But 50 WINS :D I never achieved a 50-win-streak in Super Singles before!!

I was nearly crying when I got that 50-streak commemoration stamp. My character also mentioned about learning some new battle style. I don't know what that means...

They change the animations your character uses when going into an online battle and when you throw your PokeBall at the start of the battle. Serebii has a good page on it: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Battle Style

Congrats on your achievement too :) I know you've been trying to hit 50 for a while.

Catching Tapu Le Le with rash nature, outstanding potential rating, and with full IV's in special attack. :LOL:

I finally met Annabel and recruited her with a Snorlax and a Mega Latios. Not bad :D I intend to test Super Multi with her in the near future

1 of my BEST "Yes!" moments would have to be in my last Pokemon Moon file: I got a SHINY Gastly, an Ultra Beast, AND a Salamence, all in a row from Wonder Trade. I think I did a little dance, I was so happy.

Every time I've got a Pokemon with Hidden Abilities, since they are incredibly rare.

When it comes to SOS battles, when I have finally encountered a Pokemon with one such abilities, I become ecstatic, especially if the one with the ability is female. This is because female Pokemon are easier to breed. Same goes for Wonder Trade, though the chance is incredibly rare. What really is the most rewarding is when I scored one on GTS, because a lot of the time, the Pokemon I received has normal abilities. Certainly I appreciate a number of them like those with Egg Moves, uncommon Poke Balls or even IVs, but sometimes I wish I could communicate the idea to others that I clearly want a Pokemon with its Hidden Ability, in exchange of one of my Pokemon with its Hidden Ability to even the trade (still haven't gotten the Blaze Pansear...).

Thanks for reading.

Mine was when I beat Whitney in HG with a quite under leveled Onix. The Onix was around Level 17 and all the other party members were Level 19 above. And I beat Whitney's Miltank with a few screeches, a few hardens, and some rock tombing

Around 6 months before Pokemon Sun and Moon were announced I got a male HA Riolu in a dreamball. I was happy that I got a HA Riolu and a Riolu in a dream ball, but I was sad that male Pokemon (before generation 7) can't pass down their ball, so I put it into Pokebank to wonder trade it someday. Over time I forgot about the Riolu's existence like I do with most of the Pokemon I put in Pokebank, Fast forward two earlier this week I was thinking about the Riolu and thought that I wonder traded it away many months before, and was sad that I should have kept it to breed it since Male Pokemon can now pass down their ball. Today while I was organizing Pokebank and getting it ready to transfer my Pokemon later, I found the Riolu that I thought I had traded away! It made me happy that I still kept the Riolu at the time I got it through wonder trade at the time, and was oblivious about what's going to happen in the future.

Caught myself an Alolan Meowth to act as a filler member in my restarted second Sun. Had Pickup as it's ability (my preferred ability for it), so I'm like, "Good, that'll come in handy." After one battle, it picked up something: a Full Heal. I'm like, "Not to shabby." Two battles later, it picked up something else: an Ultra Ball. I'm like, "This feline is on a roll." Two more battles later, it gained something else: a Nugget. Followed that up with a Heart Scale, Prism Scale, Leftovers and DESTINY KNOT, one right after the other! This cat is a freaking goldmine! I'm gonna hold onto her for a while to see what else she gets, and I may hold out on evolving her at least until she gets Payday for extra bling for me. And to think I was just going to use her until I got to a certain point. I love Pickup.

Participated in the Tiny Tourney, and won a very lengthy battle. My Umbreon was frozen by an Ice Beam shot from a PorygonZ, and did not thaw for 5 turns. It did slowly heal with Leftovers, and the PorygonZ was chipping away its own health by the Life Orb. I had set up both Screens with Meowstic, so PorygonZ's attacks weren't doing much damage. Eventually, I won by landing only one neutral attack on it.

EDIT: I also realized the amazing effects of Comatose. I was using a Komala, and the opponent (a different person from the paragraph above) had their Oven Rotom use Trick to trade a Flame Orb over. First time I saw that even items couldn't burn Komala.

Last edited:
I've been on a mission the past couple of days, getting all the legendaries in Ruby to trade/transfer up before I clear it so someone can start a new game. Did the Regis today, which is always a mission in and of itself. I went to Registeel first, because famously it's the one that's made itself faint with Struggle at least 3 times in my experience. Wanted to get that out of the way. Got it paralysed and into the red. And it went into the first Ultra Ball. I was well pleased. This is a pretty rare thing to happen in Gen III, at least for me. And at least for damn Registeel!!!

I have a few

The first of which was getting my first level 100, a Genesect you got as a bonus for getting the game in Black 2.

Then I beat Whitney first try after a Smokescreen, a lucky burn off of Ember, and taking her down afterwards.

I can't believe I've never mentioned in here that time I won in the Champions Tournament here with Swoobat, Venomoth, and Hydreigon. The last round pitted me against Alder and it honestly wasn't going well at first with Hydreigon and Venomoth dropping to Volcarona, but then Swoobat managed to even the score and gradually outdo his Reuniclus for the win despite him using Light Screen.

It was about a year ago and I still feel really proud of the reverse sweep my little girl pulled out.

It required a few save states, I admit, but I managed to beat the Champions Tournament without the need to restart the whole thing with some Pokémon I had trained at the Join Avenue, with Blue appropriately being the final opponent. This happened some months ago, but it still felt great.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom