• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

My third 5 star Magikarp Max Raid battle had a shiny. When I saw the Magikarp, I blinked and thought, "Okay, why does it look weird?" Then I heard the ping. Caught him in a Net Ball and named him Megatron. :giggle:

Pretty much getting my first ever shiny in Pokemon Sun, it was a Carbink, and its sparkle was key in letting me know it was a shiny. I wasn't even shiny hunting, it was for Necrozma, but who cares? A shiny's awesome, haha.

While breeding Mons for a trade that I promised I'd do I ended up really lucking out. I had gotten a 6 IV Japanese Ditto over Surprise Trade (most likely hacked, but whatever), so I was like, "Meh, why not?" and decided to use it with a Intelileon I had while holding a Destiny Knot. The result was a 6 IV Sobble with a Timid nature. I wasn't even trying to get a 6 IV Sobble, as I just slapped on the Destiny Knot to make it a bit better, making it my first ever 6 IV bred Mon. I normally get 5 IVs and something like "Very Good", so this was quite the surprise to me. I haven't been able to duplicate that since, but I must admit I was both proud and surprised. 5 IVs, yeah, sure, that I can do just fine, but a perfect set? Never happened before. However, I won't be keeping it, as I did promise to breed it (and others) for another player, so he's gonna be quite happy when he gets that little critter in his arsenal.

EDIT: Scratch that, I managed to replicate that twice over! Using the same Ditto I bred it with a Golisopod I got in a 4-Star Max Raid Battle a while back in an attempt to get a shiny Wimpod (I know that Wimpod's shiny form has minimal differences, but, hey, I like the little guy, and at least it isn't just a slightly different shade of its base color like Garchomp). During the process, I managed to get two 6 IV Wimpods, one boy and one girl, both back-to-back. While I was only somewhat attempting to get good IVs, as I was mostly gunning for a shiny, I'm still quite pleased with this result.

Last edited:
Beating Leon. Yes, I realize people think he's easy but he destroyed my team three times. I had to overlevel to beat him. I had ten levels on him and he still managed to take down two of my Pokemon.

Also, his Charizard was a wimp. It went down in one Max Geyser.

Beating Leon. Yes, I realize people think he's easy but he destroyed my team three times. I had to overlevel to beat him. I had ten levels on him and he still managed to take down two of my Pokemon.

Also, his Charizard was a wimp. It went down in one Max Geyser.
I've been playing since the original Red (though I skipped gen 5 since I was doing other things) and despite the memes I found Leon one of the trickier champions. His team has some amount of balance so you can't just throw in a powerful BoltBeamer and roll everything like Lance, he doesn't have Blue's awful moveset, and his levels are a pretty big jump over everyone else.
I was actually worried I might lose at one point. Last time I remember that happening was Wallace in Emerald because his Milotic was supremely annoying when you're using a Raichu as your electric type and can't 2 hit KO it.

Leon's Haxorous was my main problem. His Aegislash? Easy. Just send in Silt the Coalossal and we're done here. But then he sends out his Haxorous and I'm like "no problem, I'll just send out Dinadan the Sylveon." But then it turns out his Haxorous knows Iron Tail and he either one or two shots me depending on my luck. And then he one shots the rest of my team with Outrage. Thankfully gaining ten levels on him allowed my Sylveom to survive Iron Tail and then get off a super effective move on him.

The rest of his team was easier, though I did have to use Aerith the Cursola to stall for time with Curse and Strength Sap at certain points.

His Rhyperior was the second easiest (after his supposedly unbeatable charizard) since it had a 4x weakness to Amy the Roserade.

His Rilaboom was another Pokemon taken out by Silt.

Oh yeah, and I used Rouge the Thievul to stall for time as well. Both she and Aerith fainted so that I could use time to heal up my Pokemon.

And his Dragapult was an easy faint because, well, Dinadan.

During a rerun in Platinum today, I managed to score big time. This morning while in Eterna City, I, on a whim, slathered the Honey Tree just outside of town. I wasn't expecting much, maybe a Combee or Cherrubi at best. Boy, did that tree deliver. I checked back and, to my shock, I found a Munchlax! I've NEVER found a Munchlax via the Honey Trees. Absolutely never (thought, to be fair, I never actually attempted to look for one, given the abysmal encounter rate, and I rarely use the Honey Trees at all). I managed to catch the little tubby Mon, though, to my annoyance, it broke out of my last Luxury Ball in the process (I traded over some unused stuff like various Poke Balls from other versions), so I can't speed up the friendship levels, though I do have the Soothe Bell from Cheryl, so at least that's something. Named him Munchie, he's got a Docile nature with Thick Fat. Now, all I have to do is run around like a lunatic and not let him faint in battle and I'll have a Snorlax. Granted, I'm not going to use Snorlax in this playthrough, as I have other plans in mind, but I will raise up Munchie until he evolves for dex data. But, yeah, I'm quite happy, as this is the first time I've ever gotten a Munchlax via Honey Tree. Usually I just breed the Snorlax from HGSS with the Full Incense and get it through that method. Still, I'm quite happy at this stroke of good luck (which is rare for me).

Beating Whitney, Jasmine and Lance in Crystal with only Pidgeot, and with nothing going wrong in those battles. Sure, Sand-Attack and X Attacks helped with the first two, but Lance was surprising.

Of the top of my head:

- When I evolved my Eevee into Espeon for the first time ever, back in Silver. Espeon was for a long time my favorite Pokemon, especially in the early days.
- When I finished SoulSilver for the first time, being it is one of (if not the) most difficult Pokemon games I own. My first battle against Lance was disastrous, but the second try I won by a short margin. I was thrilled.
- When I finished my last playthrough of Y with my Christmas Team.
- When I found my first ever shiny on a main series game. A Carbink.
- When I found my first ever shiny on Pokemon Go. I forgot which one was, since I haven't been able to play Go for a long time.
- When I started my first ever playthough of Sword, the very same day it was released. It was the first time I bought a game the same day of its release and I was expecting to play this game a lot.

Beating Whitney

Oh yes, that one too. Whitney is one of the most frustrating Gym Leaders of all time, and beating her annoying Miltank is very satisfying. Last time I faced her, I made her Miltank faint in one hit with my Heracross... sublime moment.

Last edited:
-The first time my Charmeleon evolve into a Charizard back in the good old times in pokemon yellow. I was so happy to get my favorite pokemon. Still my favorite to this day.
-The first time I beat the elite Four in yellow, I cry of joy of becoming a pokemon master haha.
-My first ever shiny, a caterpie, that became a Butterfree in pokemon firered , and around the same time, a shiny spoink that i caught in Sapphire.

- Defeating Whitney for the first time in Pokémon Gold, I had no idea why Miltank's Rollout kept hitting me so hard. I recall spending a week or two at the time just to overlevel my Bayleef up enough to withstand the attacks
- Getting my first Shiny Pokémon in Gold and Silver, which was a Caterpie. I later ended up getting a shiny Dragalge in Pokémon Y.

Sooo I went through nearly 1200 eggs (WITH Masuda Method) before I finally hatched a Shiny Grookey. As if that wasn’t a “yes!” moment enough, I immediately hatched a second shiny consecutively.

My friend said I should try the lottery lol.
Maybe you should. Last time something like that happened to me I ended up winning some money.

One moment that I always found memorable was the conclusion of a battle against a friend. We were at an equal pace throughout the battle, but he managed to shift it in his favor by the end. Eventually we were both on our final Pokémon. My Emboar’s health was in the red. Whereas his Pokémon’s still had about 3/4 of its left. Accepting that I was going to lose, I used Flare Blitz to lose on my terms. It ended up being a critical hit, and the battle ended with both of our Pokémon fainting simultaneously.

The “YES!” came when the results screen came up and it gave me the win.

Many, many years ago, back in the days of Diamond and Pearl, I managed to reset my game on a shiny Vibrava. See, I was using the Poké Radar and trying to get a shiny Beldum, so whenever my chain broke, I just reset the game. Unfortunately, I was able to see what had broken that chain so long ago: a Vibrava that was brown and not green. I vowed to hunt down that Vibrava and make it mine, no matter how long it took.

Well, it took about ten years. But I finally got the little so-and-so.

A couple of weeks ago, I managed to hop in on a Max Raid battle for a Vibrava. I thought, "You know, it'd be great if the stupid thing was shiny." Then, I noticed that the Vibrava looked weird. Like, this thing wasn't green. It looked brown.

*Ping*

Yep, shiny. After a freaking decade, I finally found the little twerp. And I caught it.

His name is Mirage. For reasons. But I finally got that off my bucket list: I have my shiny Vibrava.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom