• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

You're the boss, you can decide, however...

Kitasuki

Only puts shiny pokémon into HOME
Reaction score
Hello trainers,
So this is the play were doing
You are now the person that can create a new game mechanic like megas, z-moves or dinamaxing. If you want to, you can make old ones return.
However there is a catch, you're least favorite pokémon needs to get the best one of the bunch.
So which new gimmick would you create and which pokémon would be blessed with it?

Gigantamax Hydreigon with tons of heads, now it has zero excuse to not have more than one head and two sockpuppets.

Mega Goodra where it gets a snail armor and shell.

Zubat and Woobat could get regional forms based around different types of bat.

I don't have any ideas about new gimmicks.

I'd bring back Mega Evolution. I don't have any hated Pokémon so I'd probably just end up giving some random Pokémon, say Talonflame (since I know it doesn't have a Mega yet), a Mega form.

The new thing I would do is basically make Legendary and Super Legendary Pokémon just that, Legendary, not only in amount and in story, but also in power. Legendary Pokémon would be one stage above normal Pokémon, with Super Legendary Pokémon being a stage above that.

How it would play out in the game would be as if each Legendary Pokémon would get an 1 Stage boost to every stat at the beginning of battle that cannot be undone or reversed by any other Pokémon's Ability. In addition, moves that would not normally hit Legendary Pokémon, save for certain Ground-type moves not hitting Flying-type or Levitating Pokémon due to physics, would now inflict one quarter the normal damage; not enough to be really effective but enough to do something in a worst-case scenario for said Pokémon. Also Legendary Pokémon would ignore certain enemy Abilities like Wonder Guard, Bullet Proof, and similar Abilities that would make a Pokémon immune to certain types of attacks. They are just that much stronger than normal Pokémon. Note that Legendary Pokémon would treat other Legendary Pokémon normally, meaning that while they both would get the stat boosts, they would not ignore each other's Abilities or other attributes about them. They are dealing with equals in that scenario.

Super Legendary Pokémon would get a 2 Stage boost to every stat and moves that would inflict no damage to an enemy Pokémon now inflict not very effective damage to said enemy with all of the other bonuses and abilities that normal Legendary Pokémon would have. Also, Super Legendary Pokémon would treat normal Legendary Pokémon the same way normal Legendary Pokémon would treat non-Legendary Pokémon.

Cute Legendary Pokémon such as Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi would count as normal Legendary Pokémon.

Ultra Beasts would also be classified as Legendary Pokémon and get the same boosts.

All Pokémon that are classed in game code as Legendary Pokémon would get these intrinsic boosts. All Legendary Pokémon that have a BST total greater than 600, evolves into a Pokémon that has a BST greater than 600, or has a form(e) that has a BST greater than 600 (not counting Mega Evolutions) are classified as Super Legendaries.

Mega Evolution could allow Megas to face Legendary Pokémon on an even playing field, such as allowing Wonder Guard or Bullet Proof, etc. to now be effective against enemy Legendary Pokémon attacks. However, they would not get the intrinsic stat boosts that Legendary Pokémon would get, besides the boosts that Mega Evolving would already give. Also, Legendary or Super Legendary Pokémon that Mega Evolve or undergo Primal Reversion do not go an extra stage above their current level.

Unision (the name I came up for Pokemon fusion)

A Pokemon species is the designated base while another compatible species is the source. It would work exactly like the Kyurem and Necrozma forms. The mechanic itself will only work on fully-evolved Pokemon, the Pokemon cannot Mega Evolve and cannot perform Gigantamxing. The Pokemon may be able to use Z-Moves though.

Glalie would get a huge defense increase when fused with Sudowoodo. Same as Greedent being fused with Walrein.

I'd have the following gimmick:

Pokemon Fusion
Two Pokemon get combined into one. The new Pokemon has the typings of both (up to quad typings!), stats which are an average of each (so a HP value halfway between the originating species, same with attack, etc) and the abilities of both pokemon. It would also have access to the moves of both pokemon for 8 total.

I don't have any Pokemon I strongly dislike, and if done in this way there wouldn't be room for preferential treatment regardless. Off the cuff though Shedinja seems like it would be a popular starting point, but the whole point is that there would be a Ton of potentially OP combos.

It would also be minimal work, too. Just do what they did for the Gen 8 fossil pokemon, kinda. Define a midpoint for each Pokemon and slap the front or top of one Pokemon on the back or bottom of the other. Suddenly you go from 800+ Pokemon to 640,000 possible Pokemon and virtually no new assets need to be created.

Is this idea lazy, impossible to balance, and stupid? Yes, very much so. But it's the gimmick I'd use, and I'd argue that overall it would add far more complexity and interesting interactions to the game, and would be better than mega evolutions or dynamaxing.

I'd have the following gimmick:

Pokemon Fusion
Two Pokemon get combined into one. The new Pokemon has the typings of both (up to quad typings!), stats which are an average of each (so a HP value halfway between the originating species, same with attack, etc) and the abilities of both pokemon. It would also have access to the moves of both pokemon for 8 total.

I don't have any Pokemon I strongly dislike, and if done in this way there wouldn't be room for preferential treatment regardless. Off the cuff though Shedinja seems like it would be a popular starting point, but the whole point is that there would be a Ton of potentially OP combos.

It would also be minimal work, too. Just do what they did for the Gen 8 fossil pokemon, kinda. Define a midpoint for each Pokemon and slap the front or top of one Pokemon on the back or bottom of the other. Suddenly you go from 800+ Pokemon to 640,000 possible Pokemon and virtually no new assets need to be created.

Is this idea lazy, impossible to balance, and stupid? Yes, very much so. But it's the gimmick I'd use, and I'd argue that overall it would add far more complexity and interesting interactions to the game, and would be better than mega evolutions or dynamaxing.
Honestly I think that would kill the franchise

However there is a catch, you're least favorite pokémon needs to get the best one of the bunch.
Perfect, all my least favorites are only that way because of their unused potential!

Honestly I don't have too many idea but one thing I think would be fun is giving Klefki a charm bracelet evolution, then giving the player one that replaces the Z-Ring and Mega Bracelet. It doesn't talk, it's just cheerful and happy when you give it shiny things like Mega Stones and Z-Crystals to hold, and you can customize it, too.

Hello trainers,
So this is the play were doing
You are now the person that can create a new game mechanic like megas, z-moves or dinamaxing. If you want to, you can make old ones return.
I think I'll...

So which new gimmick would you create and which pokémon would be blessed with it?
*remembers his most disliked is Pikachu* I think I'll leave things as they are...

I almost forgot something about my own version of Pokemon fusion, compatible Pokemon will have a different background color than the rest when the new fusion item is used, the fusion item itself is universal to all usable Pokemon. Not all Pokemon would be able to fuse though because that would take away from the uniqueness of the Pokemon, the appearance of normal forms and shiny forms cannot be combined, as the form is dependent upon the base Pokemon only.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom