• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

You're transported into the last pokémon game you played..

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
..which starter pokémon from that game is your starter and which town/city is your hometown? are you happy you ended up here?

The last game I played was Sword.
which starter pokémon from that game is your starter and which town/city is your hometown?
My starter would probably be Scorbunny because, out of the three starters, I like its evolutions more than the other two's evos. I prefer Sobble as the first stage, but Raboot >>>>> Drizzile and Cinderace > Inteleon in my opinion. Though, I don't really like any of the Galar starters or their evos so honestly I'd probably box it quickly. As for my hometown, I'd say Stow-On-Side because I like the desert aesthetic. That, or maybe Ballonlea just because of the giant mushrooms.
are you happy you ended up here?
No. Sword was one of my least favorite games and I feel like (mainland) Galar was so poorly fleshed out and cramped (note: I don't have the expansion pass so I don't know how the IoA compares) that I don't feel like there's any place in the region that I wish were real or that I could live there. Like, there's places in Sinnoh or Unova, for example, that I think are rather interesting or neat places, but I've never gotten that feeling in Galar, not even in Ballonlea (I'm a sucker for mushroom aesthetics, ex: the mushroom biome in Terraria). When there's really nothing fun to explore (in my opinion) it's kinda difficult to feel a connection to the region.

The last game I played was Emerald. My starter would be Mudkip and I would live in Sootopolis.

I'm happy I ended up in Hoenn because I really like the region and think it has lots of great towns and cities.

Sword

Yeah I like it. c: Galar feels the most realistic of all the regions to me so it’s actually pretty easy for me to imagine living there. Were I to pick a specific place, is it safe to say the Crown Tundra? I really love everything we’ve seen of it so far.

I’m not the biggest fan of the Starters, but I’d probably pick Scorbunny I suppose.

So I'll be transported into the world of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX? Works for me! If my current team is anything to go by, I'll become a Treecko and my partner will be a Meowth.

Would be Sword.

As far as city goes, I'd probably live in either Hulbury (Just to hang with Nessa) or Wyndon.

Can't give a definite on the starters since they all 3 are just there and there's not one that makes me go "I want this one" (Testament to me picking Inteleon despite preferring Rillaboom based on official art and just picking Inteleon cause it was ebtter for my team comp), so I think I'll just go with the HA Grookey from Home.

Sword.
I'd choose Circhester because I'm okay with the cold, all the snom make up for it anyways, additionaly, the beautiful dark blue color in the night is a blessing for a night noctowl like me, and I like the bath's aesthetic, and if it's like the game and no one talks, then the soundtrack is an added benefit. My starter would be sobble without a second thought.

I'd of course love(I'll shoehorn laugh here for the sake of it)living in Galar, and I'm not ready to compare snom paradise to every single city/town in the pokemon world.

Emerald...

Littleroot is similar to where I live and I would start with Mudkip. Sadly, I wouldn't be happy there since that's the base of operations of the worst teams...

Kalos, since I was playing X. I'd be okay with that, as long as I'm either near the coast or the Friend Safari... And I'd better have a Golett as my starter! Failing that, I'll take Froakie and catch myself a Golett...

Thank Arceus I picked up recently my HG game...Chikorita would remain my starter Pkmn but for the hometown, that's a hard choice between New Bark and Cherrygrove...I was thinking also of Ecruteak anf Violet but both have Gyms...Violet is my final choice because of the beach, all the flowers and it's close to New Bark as well as Violet and then other cities.

I think it was Ultra Sun. Which is undesirable for me, because I would not be able to tolerate living in a tropical climate. Alola is perhaps my least favorite region for a reason. I'd probably come from somewhere like Heahea City. I would be so depressed, though. If I have to choose from the three standard starters, Popplio. Pretty simple. I always pick water starters. However, if I got to pick any Pokemon from the region, I'd pick Alolan Vulpix.

There's a possibility it could have been Shield instead. I'm thinking Ultra Sun, but I'll do both just in case. I would be okay with being in Galar, aside from the number of Pokemon that are apparently not allowed in the region. =/ I'd definitely come from Circhester! If I have to choose from the three standard starters, Sobble. As I said above, I always pick water starters. However, if I got to pick my Pokemon from the region, definitely Galarian Ponyta!

While not last game, I also just went ahead to think where I would live in other regions and it would be as follows:

Kanto - Celadon City, starter Charmander (Or Growlithe, if that's allowed.)
Johto - Probably either Olivine City or Ecruteak City with Totodile as starter.
Hoenn - Sootopolis City or Lavaridge Town. Mudkip as starter.
Sinnoh - Resort Area. Chimchar as starter.
Unova - Nimbasa City or Undella Town. Starter would be Oshawott.
Kalos - Lumiose City with Froakie as a starter.
Alola - Tough one since I severely dislike the games and areas so if I had to pick, I'd pick the only one that actually stands out for looking different, Malie City. Popplio would be the starter.
Galar - See earlier post.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom