• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

You've Won the Lottery! What Happens Next?

First thing i think we would pay off our debts then make sure that our family our comfortable then we would give some to our church to fund a building for them and help them pay off their mortgage
Then a holiday or two with Japan at the top of the list

Thoughts: Bank. Take some out whenever I really need it. End.

Probable reality: Buy many, many frivolous items, fall into a deep, deep depression.

I'm really money-conscious and I really don't trust the banks to keep money in.

Things I would do:

40% in Silver, since you know, industrial use, and Lugia.
5% in Gold.
6% in Platinum.
20% in other currencies (probably some Euros, Pounds, Canadian Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Yen, Yuan, and other stuff.)
The rest in banks and stocks or hidden away.

How I would use them: A new house or an island would be nice... And ALL THE LUGIA. ALL THE LUGIA PLUSHES. ALL THE LUGIA FIGURES. Not so much the cards, since I don't care about the TCG.
And then donate to a foundation for the environment or just donate to NASA.

First off, I'd pay off all my credit card bills. In other words, zero balance on everything. Second off, I'd pay off my mortgage then tear down the blasted house and build something a lot better than this. Third, I'd quit my miserable job and write full time.

Eh... Pay for college tuition, get Lasik eye surgery so I don't have to wear glasses any more, then make out like a bandit on video games.

Let my parents pay off the rest of the mortgage, donate to different charities and local shelters, buy a boxed copy of Chrono Trigger, any other games I've been wanting, use it for whatever my bird needs, and save the rest for college and the future.

I go around the world and try baobab Pepsi, clam chowder Doritos and balut. And I'd pour some money into that extinct Pokemon dog tags company that died out. God I miss them. They had almost the entire 1-3 gen pokedex...... And I'd buy everything on the catalogue of mewanty and thisiswhyimbroke. Great sites.

First, I'd be sure to not let anyone find out that I've won; large sums of money that are obtained just like that almost always ruin relationships.
Then I'd invest it and continue to live within my means (as in, based on what I earn myself).

Spend it all on toys and video games in the matter of a week. I'd probably get a house, and a giant vault to keep it all in. Screw the banks!

I would give some to my parents to pay off some stuff. Then, I would save some money to use for college and for the future.
After that, I guess I would take my family to go sight-seeing.

Invest in a comfortable, yet not extravagant living space and furnishings thereof, stock up on music equipment so I can attempt to persue that for a career, then put the rest away for whenever it becomes necessary.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom