• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumbum

Ambitiose sed Ineptum
Reaction score
So I got bored one day and I was talking with HS and this conversation came up:

[21/09/2013 08:46:47] Heroic Sociopath: Someone should run a Yu Gi Oh RP.
[21/09/2013 08:46:58] Heroic Sociopath: Plumbum, make a fukken Yu Gi Oh RP.
[21/09/2013 08:47:04] Adam "Plumbum" (redacted): Sure thing.
[21/09/2013 08:47:15] Adam "Plumbum" (redacted): I was planning on doing so anyway.

But yeah this is an RP set in a Dueling Academy in the Yu-Gi-Oh verse. Note that it's not the Dueling Academy from GX, simply because I haven't seen GX and I don't want to be jumped at for making continuity snarls with the place. Of course, this doesn't mean that there won't be all the adventure, slice of life and plots to take over/destroy/make some spare time with the world that inexplicably involve playing children's card games that you'd expect from a YGO RP.

I guess there's probably an elephant in the room problem with this, perhaps even as large as "tattooed elephant blaring dubstep" which is how do duels work so people don't draw like it's the anime? Well there's two options.
  • Get a third party to use (I'm fine to do this) a decklist and a randomiser so that the draws are at least random and then duels can be made in the thread.
  • If the participants of a Duel wish to use a program such as Dueling Network or YGOPro then go back over the duel in RP posts that's fine too.

Now, onto the rules perhaps? They're easy enough. Just follow BMGf rules. I don't have any more to add really. Well, I don't expect people to come in with overly 'metagamey' decks (In other words if I see a primarily Evilswarm, Dragon Ruler, Mermail or Machina Gadget deck, I will just say no). But that's the only one. Also, it's more of a note than a rule but with the exception of Exodia, The Forbidden One and it's parts almost all cards other RPs wouldn't allow on plot grounds (like Numbers, Signer Dragons or Egyptian Gods) have been reprinted as replicas and are available to your characters in the RP therefore.

So, if you're interested in enrolling for the Duel Academy this year, sign up just this way!

Name:
Age and Year: New duelists join the Academy at 14 and stay for 4 years, so characters can be anywhere between 14-19 and belong to a year 1-4 appropriate to their age.
Physical description: Include what kind of Duel Disk they use (Duel Disk and Duel Pad + Gazer models are available).
History/Past:
Deck: All decks must conform to the current Forbidden/Limited lists
Monsters (Total number):
Spells (Total Number):
Traps (Total Number):
Extra Deck:​

Always come back to this?

Name: Joseph Mahma
Age and Year: 14 and 1
Physical description: Joseph looks a bit silly. It's mostly because his hair is a very large afro. He also always wears a pair of aviator shades. He's a bit tall, at 6'1, and very lanky, with little muscle growth. He tends to dress casually, seemingly unaffected by wearing shorts and sandals in the middle of winter. He also has a fetish for Hawaiian shirts. He uses a standard duel-disk, but with a peace sign sticker on it.
History/Past: Joseph always liked card games, and got into Yu-Gi-Oh after watching a documentary on Yugi Muto. He came to Duel Academy so that he could become a great duelist, and either make a living like that, or perhaps be hired on by Industrial Illusions.
Deck:
Monsters (Total number): 20
Newdoria x3
Big Eye
Mask of Darkness
Summoner Monk x2
Morphing Jar
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Vylon Prism
Barrier Statue of the Heavens
Photon Thrasher
Mei-Kou, Master of Barriers
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Supremacy Sun
Lighpulsar Dragon
Dark Armed Dragon
Chaos Sorcer
Tragoedia x2

Spells (Total Number): 11
Lightning Vortex
Chaos Zone
Megamorph
Fissure
Swords of Revealing Light
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Dark Hole
Hammer Shot
Soul Release
Foolish Burial

Traps (Total Number): 9
Call of the Haunted x2
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Macrocosmos
Return From the Different Dimension
Ordeal of the Traveller
Bottomless Trap Hole
Magic Jammer
Mirror Force

Extra Deck:
Number 39: Utopia x2
Evilswarm Ouroboros
Number 50: Blackship of Corn
Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon
Starliege Paladynamo
Number 66: Master Key Beetle
Number 104: Masquerade
Vylon Disigma
Unformed Void
Red Dragon Archfiend
Jeweled Red Dragon Archfiend
Blood Mefist
Stardust Radiance Dragon
Number 96: Dark Mist

Side Deck:
Chaos Goddess
Jinzo
Reptilianne Medusa
Barrier Statue of the Abyss
Destiny Hero - Plasma
Ground Collapse x2
Ojama Trio
Luminous Spark
Mystic Plasma Zone
Seal of Orichalcos
Array of Revealing Light
Mausoleum of the Emperor
XYZ Territory

Name: Leon Falco
Age and Year: 14, year 1
Physical description: Leon has golden bird like eyes and brown hair with the back reaching the bottom of his neck, and his bangs reaching his chin, covering his right eye. He wears black jeans and black boots with a white t-shirt under a brown flight jacket. His nails are painted black and he is average height for his age. Around his waist is a brown belt with his duel disk and deck attached. He uses a duel disk shaped like a harpy's wing that is blue in color. Around his neck hangs a permanent cased Harpy Lady Card.

History/Past:Leon grew up as top of his class at his school which consisted of mostly girls, thus usually ending up with the guys being almost like slaves. His mother had died when he was five. At the school the girls teased any guy who didn't like only "manly things" or in the case of duel monsters, they didn't accept those that liked "feminine cards". Leon usually ignored the girls, concentrating on his school work so as to not anger his father. One day he found a Harpy Lady card on the ground. He then took up duel monsters with his deck a wind deck surrounded around the card. He quickly proved to be strong in his school, however the girls started ordering him to be more manly and to stop using the card. He refused and eventually they got angry and jealous of his skills. Stealing his deck they ruined it by tossing the deck into a toilet and ripping his Harpy Lady. He managed to get the card back but it was ruined beyond repair. He then decided to attend duel academy to show the girls that a man could be strong using a card like Harpy Lady. After much debate with his father he got permission to go and even got the help to create a new deck this time one of harpies.
Deck:
it8IXL4.png

http://i.imgur.com/it8IXL4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom