• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Yu-Gi-Oh! Go Rush Mafia - Endgame, Town + Informant Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the masons particularly were a mistake on my part, probably should've had them be something weaker.
I think what you needed was stronger scum. A few shots of strongman and something redirection... Plus 3 safeclaim characters.
zexy would've lost his mint if it was neighbors instead
I would not be posting in there that much, for sure.
I think Zexy already lost his Mint.
This was a low blow. Sniff...

So basically Jamie is +1 avatar -1 kidney and I am -1 phone plus tummyache, yay...

Plus 3 safeclaim characters.
Yeah, the worst part of that was that I had three perfectly good safeclaim characters I considered (Rovian, Ranran, Damamu, all characters that I did want as town for the setup in early versions but had to cut) and just decided it wouldn't be necessary. Big mistake

Honestly I'd assumed scum would be strong enough to handle town as it was lol. I've seen rolecop + roleblock often stated to be powerful combination and fairly standard so I figured, "yeah that'll work". Hindsight that was probably wrong considering that town had barely any roles that were moving most nights anyway; redirection would've been a probably good alternative. I don't know if strongman would've done much for them with town not having a ton of protection but I don't think it'd've hurt.

I've seen rolecop + roleblock often stated to be powerful combination and fairly standard so I figured, "yeah that'll work". Hindsight that was probably wrong considering that town had barely any roles that were moving most nights anyway; redirection would've been a probably good alternative. I don't know if strongman would've done much for them with town not having a ton of protection but I don't think it'd've hurt.
I remember being Mafia in one game like 7 years ago and when I criticized how many Town clears the set-up had and how underpowered the Mafia were I was told the same thing of the Rolecop + Roleblock. It is only that powerful in a game where the Town are mostly vanillas and a few PRs, because a Vanilla result means no risk of the player you sre trying to mislynch claiming PR, and if they do, it is a very risky gambit for the Town that could result in failure and more chaos.

This is my biggest question from the game that I casually ignored at the time.

I rated Minish low cause I could not remember any post they made so was just putting them at 50/50 cause I couldn't remember them. Sorry about that Minish.

Is my not knowing in reference to a soft Masons claim or something?
It was not that soft at the time, almost everyone else had figured it out...
Yeah, the worst part of that was that I had three perfectly good safeclaim characters I considered (Rovian, Ranran, Damamu, all characters that I did want as town for the setup in early versions but had to cut) and just decided it wouldn't be necessary. Big mistake

Honestly I'd assumed scum would be strong enough to handle town as it was lol. I've seen rolecop + roleblock often stated to be powerful combination and fairly standard so I figured, "yeah that'll work". Hindsight that was probably wrong considering that town had barely any roles that were moving most nights anyway; redirection would've been a probably good alternative. I don't know if strongman would've done much for them with town not having a ton of protection but I don't think it'd've hurt.
I think part of the swing was that indep just played perfectly and exited d1, had they stuck around they would have to make sure the game gets prolonged more and would scum side here...

Best part of the set-up for scum was that there was no Cop, so they could claim it even if there was my Firearms Inspector and maybe get another mislynch it.

It might have even worked too.

True MVPs of the game were Raven and Human tbh. Then maybe Mido, she did super well for the very bad hand she got dealt with :(

Ex/Quas/Potato did OK, everyone else made mistakes (on both sides), they just were not as important to matter with how tilted the game was...

Best part of the set-up for scum was that there was no Cop, so they could claim it even if there was my Firearms Inspector and maybe get another mislynch it.

It might have even worked too.
I kinda thought it might have been an mis lynch to get KoD as the rest of my role had doc and vigi as roles I could become so it made sense for me to be a cop. If I had just stuck to my first reads list we could have won the game so quickly.
Got you.
Potato-6- still my pal, still not scummy.
Human- Take back what I said earlier, push on me was pretty towny, hasn’t put a foot wrong.
Zexy- The constant bickering with people is quite odd, but other than that can’t see anything scummy.
Raven/Minish- Due to a certain factor in the game, I believe one of these two is linked to a certain player in some way. Please do not confirm or deny this if this applies to you. Also I have trusted one of these players with something pretty important.
Quasar- Null
Pikochu- Null
Abigail- Null, may have to change votes if I deem self-pres necessary.
King- I understand a push on him is better because he has actually said something, but the only thing he said was that he found 90% of the thread not very useful. Not entirely sure why he‘s being scumread for that.
Mido- Uhhhhhhh, mixed vibes, seems kinda towny, but also seems kinda scummy. Posting about there being a lot said and then further derailing the conversation was an odd move but not exactly scummy.
Eri- Seems a bit agitated, could just be because she’s been put in an out of control situation and doesn’t really know how to react. Not getting anything alignment indicative, but gun to my head would say slight more scum than town.
ExLight - That currently he is not trusted by me probably means he’s town, but I don’t appreciate the vote on me.

I think part of the swing was that indep just played perfectly and exited d1, had they stuck around they would have to make sure the game gets prolonged more and would scum side here...

Probably not, with your mason soft being out in the open I could have checked for scum at night and if I got a hit I would have started to initiate a deal with town (identity of Firearm Inspector in exchange for scum), unless town excessively tries to screw my agenda I'm usually town siding, given my unusually big 3p meta, out of which I was hostile only once, I can even prove that (Minish should also know that).

Also I had no benefit from siding with mafia as I was almost certain that the role I was looking for was Town, so making sure to keep town kills on a minimum is way more beneficial.

everyone else made mistakes (on both sides), they just were not as important to matter with how tilted the game was...
Don’t worry if you don’t want to, but can you run me through my mistakes and help me figure out how to improve from them? Just because I think I want to play more like how I played this game and not just claim D1 and ride from that.

... Setup was just broken, then :(

Sorry, Dawning! Huge thanks for hosting the game and being sure it ran smoothly (Eri! scum claim was not your fault). But this is just something more to keep in mind for future setups. Then again, who am I to tell, I made ZGM2, ZCB and 2.0 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom