• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilac

you took too long now you're candys gone
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
In a city in the near future, Heartland, kids and adults are nuts about Augmented Reality Duels. Augmented Reality Duels are Duels that use Duel Gazers and D-Pads, which when the two are used together, whether on the ground or in the sky, cause monsters to erupt from buildings and fight each other; it's a super-charged duel!
But there's no one in town who's crazier about dueling than our hero, Yuma Tsukumo. At a beginner level, he's a Champion at absolutely losing. Due to a chain of events, Yuma ends up challenging the number one delinquent at his school, Ryoga. The Duel before him will greatly change Yuma's destiny...!

A bizarre door that usually appears in Yuma's dreams suddenly shows up in the midst of this fight. When Yuma unlocks this sealed door, countless lights fly from it and escape. And when Yuma comes to, he sees the mysterious entity, Astral, who came from a parallel universe, standing before him.

In order to regain Astral's lost memories, the flying lights from the door that have turned into the 100 "Numbers" Cards, these two must work together. Just what is the purpose for Astral's appearance in our world? And what on earth is with these new monsters known as "Numbers"? A series of mysterious and powerful rivals begin to appear before Yuma and Astral, slowly unraveling the mystery...

The series is set in the near future. Something unexpected happens as Ryoga Kamishiro challenges Yuma Tsukumo to a Duel. When the mysterious entity Astral appears before them a new legend begins

The world English Premiere of this series has been confirmed by 4Kids to occur on October 15, 2011.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL (pronounced zayl [IPA: zeɪl] in Japan, prounounced zek-sul in English) is a Yu-Gi-Oh! anime and manga series, set in the near future as the successor to the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's series.
The anime first aired on April 11, 2011 in popular evening slots in Japan on TV Tokyo.
It introduces the Xyz Summon mechanic and Xyz Monsters. It also starts the use of the Series 7 card layout replacing the Series 3 layout used in later episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! (second series anime), and the majority of episodes in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and Yu-Gi-Oh! Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

English Screen shots of Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Last edited:
You should watch 5DS then, it's really nice which I don't think ZeXal can outperform it as well.. Just watched the opening, it does look promising than I thought.. :)

You should watch 5DS then, it's really nice which I don't think ZeXal can outperform it as well.. Just watched the opening, it does look promising than I thought.. :)

watched the frist episode and some of the 2nd episode

Just the first two? :eek: The series gets pretty awesome as it goes on, lol, like the final few episodes of the series. (Yusei's duel with Z-One was cool *3*)

Anywho, I'm planning to start watching this sometime this week, and hoping it'll be good, lol. Also, I hear Yuma's catchphrase is annoying XD

Wow, I didn't even know it was out yet!

I gotta find some site that'll let me watch, does anyone know when it's coming out in the US?

@Nick: After that 4kids incident, goodness knows when. But I hope it's dubbed better

I saw episode one. Not as good of a first episode as 5Ds's, but still a nice start.

Cartoon Network Should Air It And It Least Get a 1.5 rating
(And Air The Rest Of 5DS if they lose the rights)

Kind of interested in this.

Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds didn't do much for me, but I still like the original and GX fondly, and this seems like it mixes both of those, so I'll check it out.

and if you wating for it to be dubbed you would need to wait for around a year

and if you wating for it to be dubbed you would need to wait for around a year

Totally not true, but a possibility ... Remember the Starter Deck comes out in May, I would hope Konami would take advantage of this and try and get a company lined up for dubbing.

Wow it had been long since I was in this thread.

Zexal is looking good, see if you can find cat girl throughout the content ... She is in Rank 5.

I just started watching Zexal last 15.. Exceed summoning seems easy.. but I think it 5D's would still be better than Zexal. I dunno, maybe time will come that I would get used to Zexal and like it, just like the time when I seemed to hate 5D's. XD

The dub is Comming out on the 15th of October 2011 and it's getting dubbed by 4Kids

The dub is Comming out on the 15th of October 2011 and it's getting dubbed by 4Kids

Eh I guess like with 5D's I'll give the English dub a chance, though I don't know why. The only dub I didn't really mind was the original Yu-Gi-Oh, and I watched GX cause at that time I didn't have a laptop where I could freely watch the Japanese version.

Original Yu gi oh! - Badass characters
Yu gi oh! GX - University students saving the university from some badass monsters
5DS - Students aged 17-23 saving the whole damn world
Zexal- Protagonist is a stupid little kid that can't duel without Astral, and an obese bully that looks like the antagonist according to episode 1, and is actually one of his best friend.

-.-

the dub names are out now

■ Yuma Tsukumo
■ Ryoga Kamishiro
■ Astral
■ Tori Meadows
■ Kari Tsukumo
■ Haru Tsukumo
■ Bronk Stone

Well, 5D's turned "CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES" into a feasible and fairly awesome concept. Zexal has potential yet.

Yuma lost so many times it's not even funny.

Other Yu Gi Oh! protagonists usually win 95% of the time. Yusei only lost to Kalin, and that's unofficial because he injured himself. Jaden only lost to Yugi.

The Dub is airing today at 9:30am in the USA
These are the Zexal Dub Tittles so far : Go With the Flow: Part 1 , Go With the Flow: Part 2,In the End: Part 1 and In the End: Part 2

Here's the new opening for the non dub version
[video=youtube;MKknWqXRmFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKknWqXRmFE&feature=player_embedded[/video]
and the new ending

[video=youtube;hfrSDY0Tvsk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfrSDY0Tvsk&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:
I tried to watch the English version, and I just can't do it. I'll stick with the Japanese version, and at a good time now that its starting to spark my interest even more.

The dub is actually quite better than GX in my opinion and it seems to mesh with the japanese episodes too. I'd rather have a protagonist that loses more than wins that way it is more relatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom