• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia ZD X BMG 2019 Link’s Awakening Hydra Mafia Crossover Game Thread

...Yeah, I was thinking maybe wait to hear from ddi and Lone Wolf before doing that.
I haven't heard much from @Lone_Wolf outside of them being a bit skeptical about leetic's roleblock claim, so I've been wanting to hear their thoughts now.

I'm waiting for ddi to respond before I explain my reads, but these are my current suspicions in order.

1. thesunspear
  2. dum dum idiots
  3. leetic
  4. lone wolf
  5. restless ridge
  6. mafia nursing home

...Yeah, I was thinking maybe wait to hear from ddi and Lone Wolf before doing that.
I haven't heard much from @Lone_Wolf outside of them being a bit skeptical about leetic's roleblock claim, so I've been wanting to hear their thoughts now.

I'm waiting for ddi to respond before I explain my reads, but these are my current suspicions in order.

1. thesunspear
  2. dum dum idiots
  3. leetic
  4. lone wolf
  5. restless ridge
  6. mafia nursing home
In order of most suspicious? If so, why the heck is leetic at #3?

You people wanted it and now you got it, the Lone_Wolf reads list:

Best
Restless_Ridge - I'm not buying the theory where they're inactive scum idling the kill. They were around for phase turnovers, they can easily submit the kill, especially when they'd most likely make extra sure to submit it after screwing up once.
dum dum idiots - They're the one who suggested we wait and give out reads lists, rather than just hammering sunspear into oblivion, like pretty much everyone else was entirely prepared to do. I'd think scum would be far more likely to just drop the hammer on a mislynch then and there, rather than waiting and encouraging the game to keep going.

Leetic and the Band - A lot of high effort posts, seems way more consistently invested in solving the game than I can imagine scum being able to keep up.
Aflame - For one thing, the lynch on ZMS, I still can't see scum doing this. For another, they're making good observations, calling out things that look weird in peoples' posts.
Mafia Nursing Home - Another good effort player, but I don't see them going to the same lengths as LatB, and they don't have the 'scum would never do this" factor of Aflame, putting them below those two imo.

sunspear - I was Townreading them pretty much all game, but I gotta say, no NKs the exact 2 nights that they got Roleblocked is pretty freakin' damming.
Chillian - Well, they're dead scum, right?
Worst

But also didn't you start scumreading my slot because nuxl wasn't around to answer that one question of yours? Then you were informed that nuxl wasn't around but continued to scum read it anyways? Like, that logic is pretty flimsy.
I started scumreading your slot because you soft defended ZMS day 1. I continued to scumread your slot when you were barely active.
also unvoting after that is such a weird reaction like, being univested in a game isn't alignment indicative. Paying attention to the game itself can be alignment indicative for some people, but you don't have any meta knowledge on me in terms of that.

All I did was call you out for something you could possibly maybe be doing and then suddenly you unvote me. Like ??? just weird reaction imo.
i unvoted because of all the inaccuracies in your reads list. clearly you weren't paying attention and in my personal onion there's no scum in the world who wouldn't at least check their facts. scum would triple check who's claimed and who hasn't. after the way i've been pushing for your lynch do you really think i'd back off because of a little retaliation? i have never been afraid of suspicion.

furthermore i'm reading sunspear's role as town but there's no way i can physically stop this lynch. there is probably a place for my vote but it isn't on you. i don't know for 100% certainty that sunspear will flip town. i think they will, but comme ci comme ca. also if i was scum, is there a reason for me to defend sunspear like this? isn't it just easier to say "yep JOAT could be a scum role" and leave it at that? no one else is on sunspear's side. i'm not saying you should townread me for this, but defending someone i think is town when no one else does obviously puts me in the spotlight. i wouldn't be calling for attention like this as scum.
The ironic thing about this is that this post feels like a reverse OMGUS. Why would you unvote after seeing something like this? Is it really alignment indicative whether they're paying attention to the game or not? I've seen stuff like this happen from both town and scum, and as important as reads lists are (especially if someone flips cop), I'm starting to find it odd how much you're pushing for them and giving them value on this day in particular. In fact, by your logic, you yourself would be the suspicious one.
Like, come on, no need to be this uncharacteristically dramatic.
i've explained my reasons for unvoting above, but how by my logic (as you say) would i be the suspicious one? i don't follow your train of thought there.

and honey [badger], don't worry, this is absolutely in character for me. i fucking love drama. trust me this isn't even remotely dramatic. (seriously i don't know why you called it dramatic except to discredit me)

seeing all this input makes me want to reconsider writing off nursing home as town but on the other hand there is just nothing to suspect them for imo.

tbh it's probably best if sunspear does get lynched so they're not a distraction anymore.

if i get some spare time i'll ISO aflame. i did an ISO of nursing home earlier, after i said i would, and i just couldn't find either jack or shit to suspect them for.

Honestly, I think we'll be in the Endgame™ with the sunspear lynch. Everyone's posts this phase have only strengthened my belief in that.

ddi's defense of sunspear just doesn't make sense for scum. They could absolutely have just blended in and voted sunspear if the latter is town and nobody would've batted an eye at it when practically everyone is doing it, rather than drag this phase on with more chances to slip up.

Restless Ridge's posts feel authentic in the acknowledgement that they haven't quite kept up with the game well, but have kept the slot alive at least with no sub to take over. I do not believe the theory that scum forgot to put in their kill twice, so I don't think that was this slot's doing. Additionally, I don't know how this works on ZD, but on Bulba, I feel like scum slots tend to be a top priority to fill with a sub since they need to be present for nightkills, so I feel like the hosts would've had a sub for the inactive head if this was a mafia slot. Again, that part is just my speculation though based on Bulba standards.

Aflame, I've said it before. Their vote on ZMS just didn't feel like a bus, and their posts this phase have been solid and logical rebuttals. I don't think scum would choose now of all times to start getting more confident (like with the Phoenix Wright flavor to their posts), even if they were pushing a mislynch right now. That's more the kind of thing you do when you're scum that's townread by pretty much everyone and you're living it up and playing a "town leader" role.

The others I townread anyway, and that hasn't changed.

I think we're getting to the point where its time that this slot dies

Day 4 Lynch Scene
thesunspear- 4 (LatB, MNH, Aflame, sunspear)

Majority has been reached.

The day was almost over before it started. The remaining islanders surrounded sunspear at the break of dawn. "We know it was you!" "We were fine until you showed up!" thesunspear could offer no defense, standing silent as a lamb all the while. Eventually they led sunspear to the same pit as before and pushed him in. Yet again there was an "AAAAAHHH" and the sound of a game over screen. but it was not the game over screen they expected.

thesunspear was Link the Town Jack of All Trades

Wake me up!
  1. Aflame
  2. Mafia Nursing Home
  3. Lone Wolf
  4. leetic and the band
  5. dum dum idiots
  6. Restless_Ridge
Before you go go
  1. Zinn Mask Salesman- DethI, Mafia Godfather/Roleblocker
  2. Bok's Lovechild- Shopkeeper, the Electric Killer
  3. Scumlords and Noobs- Ghost, the Town Miller
  4. Tommy and Hal- Marin, the Town Doctor
  5. THIEF (Chillian)- Giant Zol, the Mafia Bulletproof
  6. Hydreigon and Shelgon GX- Tarin, the Town Mushroom Collector
  7. thesunspear- Link, the Town Jack of All Trades
Please send in your night actions by 2 pm CDT on Friday the 3rd. @Hydra Players @Hydra Accounts

Last edited:
Day 5 Start
Late on the island, Leetic and the Band were having a photo shoot. They ran to and fro, trying to catch all their subject's best angles (and keep them from going anywhere). As they were scurrying about, a shadowy silhouette appeared behind them zapped them with a wave of energy. LatB in their last moments attempted to photograph their attacker, but unfortunately they had already used up all the film they had. The islanders rose with some anxiety, unsure who to trust.

Leetic and the Band was the Photographer the Town Roleblocker.

Wake me up! @Hydra Accounts
  1. Aflame
  2. Mafia Nursing Home
  3. Lone Wolf
  4. dum dum idiots
  5. Restless_Ridge
Before you go go @Hydra Players
  1. Zinn Mask Salesman- DethI, Mafia Godfather/Roleblocker
  2. Bok's Lovechild- Shopkeeper, the Electric Killer
  3. Scumlords and Noobs- Ghost, the Town Miller
  4. Tommy and Hal- Marin, the Town Doctor
  5. THIEF (Chillian)- Giant Zol, the Mafia Bulletproof
  6. Hydreigon and Shelgon GX- Tarin, the Town Mushroom Collector
  7. thesunspear- Link, the Town Jack of All Trades
  8. Leetic and the band- Photographer, Town Roleblocker
With 5 alive it takes 3 to reach majority. Otherwise day will end at 2 pm CDT on Monday the 6th. This could potentially be the final day phase.

Honestly, I think we'll be in the Endgame™ with the sunspear lynch. Everyone's posts this phase have only strengthened my belief in that.
etykbru.png

Okay, in all seriousness though, I think we're in a decent position since we haven't lost any investigative roles over the night, should they exist. Aside from whatever the "Mushroom Collector" did (???), we actually haven't seen a single town investigative role die, so I'm sure we have something.

If the final scum is actually a rolecop like there usually is, then I'm thinking that a) the cop not dying and b) the lack of kills in N2 and N3 may actually have been due to inactivity/idling.

LatB dying and confirming that they were roleblockers means that they weren't lying about their actions on those two night phases. If sunspear was obviously getting roleblocked, nobody else was. We've had two bulletproof deaths (one mafia, and sunspear as part of their JOAT), so I don't think any of those nights was mafia hitting someone immune to a kill.

Did mafia really just not put in a kill? That points very much at Restless Ridge, the most inactive player the last few phases. I'm going to have to skim things again and I'm not voting until feeling more certain (and I'm hoping we get some kind of investigative result from someone to seal the deal), but I'm very much leaning toward RR being the last scum.

Back
Top Bottom