• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia ZD X BMG 2019 Link’s Awakening Hydra Mafia Crossover Game Thread

I mean, I highly doubt you're a town cop. Especially since both a miller and w/e the mafia one is called has flipped, it just doesn't make sense to have anything disrupt your role. So yeah, when it was clear that you were the only logical scum (by your own admission), I wanted to see if my ability could do something fun to mess with the mafia.

I mean, I highly doubt you're a town cop. Especially since both a miller and w/e the mafia one is called has flipped, it just doesn't make sense to have anything disrupt your role. So yeah, when it was clear that you were the only logical scum (by your own admission), I wanted to see if my ability could do something fun to mess with the mafia.
If I weren't a Cop then why would both a Miller and Godfather exist? Especially given that you're not claiming Cop, and you seem to know what ddi is but aren't using it to try and break my Cop claim you don't seem to think they're one either. I'm the only candidate left for a Cop.

hmm

yeah, I guess the miller/godfather doesn't really make that much sense I guess. But there's also just no other possibilities here. You have to be lying about your cop claim and about inspecting me as scum, so there's just no other alternatives here. But I guess in terms of trying to make a decent argument for DDI, hmm idk. Maybe the JOAT would have gotten an inspect at some point. Or hell, maybe my role has some sort of weird inspect thing I don't know about.

actually there's not much of a point in dragging it out.

Vote: RestlessRidge

y'all claimed my role, sozzles m8

i'm nervous about hammering, especially so quickly again, but 1. you claimed my role, 2. there's no point in having a miller and godfather if there's no cop. i really thought the last scum role was usurper so i figured the last scum was going to be MNH, clearly that wasn't the case. anyway there was no cop CC so i figure lone wolf must be the cop.

there can't be two of me on the same alignment, right????? don't hate me if i'm wrong i'm sorry everyone :confused:

funnier there better be a cop in this game

lol, well I can't say that's great game design if I can't safely claim something like that given how useless it is otherwise. But whatever, gg.

Hello
Funnier told us who mafia is after we died
Since the game is in the final twilight, should I tell you?

It Was Just A Dream (Town Wins)
Day 6 Final Vote Count:

Restless_Ridge
- 2 (LW, idiot loser)
Lone_Wolf- 1 (RR)

This day was a quick one. One of the islanders quickly came out with some crucial information, and pointed their fingers at who they genuinely believed would be the remaining nightmare. The nightmare attempted to fight back, even going so far as to claim they were innocent, but everybody else saw through it and agreed Restless_Ridge must be the one to go today.

And with that, peace was restored to Koholint Island's few remaining residents (in the game Koholint was a dream world created by the Wind Fish but he ded so something something flavour ((sorry funnier friend))).

Restless_Ridge was Aghanim's Shadow the Mafia Sorceror
index.php

Wake me up! @Hydra Accounts
  1. Lone Wolf- The Owl, Town Cop
  2. dum dum idiots - Syrup, Town Witch
Before you go go @Hydra Players
  1. Zinn Mask Salesman- DethI, Mafia Godfather/Roleblocker
  2. Bok's Lovechild- Shopkeeper, the Electric Killer
  3. Scumlords and Noobs- Ghost, the Town Miller
  4. Tommy and Hal- Marin, the Town Doctor
  5. THIEF (Chillian)- Giant Zol, the Mafia Bulletproof
  6. Hydreigon and Shelgon GX- Tarin, the Town Mushroom Collector
  7. thesunspear- Link, the Town Jack of All Trades
  8. Leetic and the band- Photographer, Town Roleblocker
  9. Aflame- The Wind Fish, Dreaming God
  10. Mafia Nursing Home- BowWow, Town Vigilante
  11. Restless_Ridge- Aghanim's Shadow, Mafia Sorceror
Town Is Victorious!

Thanks so much for playing everybody, and thanks @funnier6 for hosting and letting me cohost. It was fun spectating this game and seeing everyone rip their hair out!

Night actions and role PMs will be posted shortly. I'll let funnier talk about the mechanics if he wants to since he designed the setup almost singlehandedly (though the "developing" JoaT was my idea :bulbaLove:).

This was my first time spectating a Hydra game, and I think for the most part it worked rather well! Sound off below with your thoughts on the game, the setup, etc. Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
Could you give the players rights again to post in this thread? Then we can post on personal titles

Ha-ha! I knew it!

Lone-Half-of-the-Wolf here, I don't know how many people could tell, but I was the one doing most of the playing here. I'm not sure what Darth's deal for this was, whether he wanted to give me a little practice for my championship game (which should be starting sometime tomorrow, so wish me luck for that) or what, but he only really made a couple posts. This was my first Hydra game, and even if he didn't do much posting outside of those few times when I begged him to help me keep up with the whirlwind D1 so you people wouldn't lynch your Cop, it was still nice to have him around to bounce reads off of and help sort things out.
Having the new guys from Smogon around was nice, too, once we managed to find a sort of middle-ground between the wall- and multi-posting. It's always cool to see how other people play Mafia, see if you can't learn a thing or two from 'em.

in the game Koholint was a dream world created by the Wind Fish but he ded so something something flavour
Truly a gripping narrative.

By the way, don't forget to stop on over to ZD when Darth and I host our own game over there. We're still sorting out the exact game, and it definitely won't start until I'm done with my championship game at least. We'll post a thing here when it goes up though, so if you keep an eye on the place then you shouldn't miss it.

Could you give the players rights again to post in this thread? Then we can post on personal titles
Taken care of, hydra accounts should be removed soon as well.
Good game everyone!

Lone-Half-of-the-Wolf here, I don't know how many people could tell, but I was the one doing most of the playing here. I'm not sure what Darth's deal for this was, whether he wanted to give me a little practice for my championship game (which should be starting sometime tomorrow, so ) or what, but he only really made a couple posts. This was my first Hydra game, and even if he didn't do much posting outside of those few times when I begged him to help me keep up with the whirlwind D1 so you people wouldn't lynch your Cop, it was still nice to have him around to bounce reads off of and help sort things out.
Having the new guys from Smogon around was nice, too, once we managed to find a sort of middle-ground between the wall- and multi-posting. It's always cool to see how other people play Mafia, see if you can't learn a thing or two from 'em.
To explain my lack of posting, sorry about that Lone. Let's say it was practice :p
Early on the phase updates were really against me. Having at least missed the first 12h most of the time. With the high acticity back then I needed some dedicated time to read through it which caused some wall posts. This was then followed by some days where I really wasn't able to read 10-20+ pages for irl reason. I almost considered subbing even but we still had Lone and was willing to pick it back up. This is one of the reasons why I hate majority. The only times I was available to say anything in the last phases was during the night for the most part, and the few occassions that I could say something Lone already did the exact thing I would have done so it's a waste of posting it again. The phase would start and end during the night for example so no way I could do something. We did communicate our actions and thoughts privately though, let's just say I was the voice in Lone's head here :p

let's just say I was the voice in Lone's head here
He kept telling me to "use The Force" which really wasn't as helpful as he thought it was. :p

Anyway, I'll give thoughts on the set-up once the PMs and NAs get posted so I can actually be certain on what everything actually did.

Yay, congratulations, town! Nicely done, Lone Wolf and dum dum idiots! I did not envy having to make that final call like ddi did lol, talk about stressful.

The last few phases of this game - mainly starting with the phase sunspear got lynched, I still feel bad about that one, sorry! - had me on the edge of my seat, I didn't think it'd come down to the last possible phase given how town had a numbers advantage for quite a while.

Had a great time playing here and seeing so many different playstyles and players, and @TheCapsFan was a fun partner for a hydra. Going into that final night phase, I initially wanted to shoot Lone Wolf because I thought they were role cop and had checked everyone they claimed to have copchecked, found no actual cop, and then fakeclaimed it knowing that nobody would be able to CC it, and that Dreaming God had stopped the NKs somehow. TheCapsFan wasn't as convinced and had a good point about a) the Owl not having flipped yet and making a good cop and b) godfather and miller imply a cop, and then we decided to idle and let the final phase decide things. Thank goodness for that lol. Nice work on Lone Wolf's part too with the checks; having them on all the living faces left at the end of the game was impressive.

We did try to take down Restless Ridge in Night 4 though; our vig shot wasn't at full power in that it would only work if our target also targeted us... which obviously didn't happen. Oh well.

But anyway, great game, everyone! And thanks to funnier6 and Mellow Ezlo for the great hosting and setup!

as you can see, I really do ramble even outside of games, so it's really NAI in my case lmao

Hey.
Nice ending.

Funnier told me about the set-up when I subbed out, I have to say I loved it. Very comprehensive, but not over the top. Really what a themed game should be like. Many themed games a ZD have nowadays simply become normal games with some flavour, in a real themed game the theme matters. He put in a lot of effort and excecuted it well, I'll definitely consider joining again when he hosts a game again!

The only thing I would've liked to see different were the anti-claiming and anti-theme speculation rules :p I think that constrained your wonderful theme a little... I know, it's suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper ZDish to restrict that, but I always fought against that..... really not necessary to do that! Claiming is a normal game tactic, and it's fun to discuss the theme and names at will! I think that problems due to claiming etc. can be avoided by some creative measures, such as to provide the mafia with credible fake-claims. E.g. you could remove Link from the game and give that name and the JOAT-role as a fakeclaim to the maffia. Everyone would expect Link to be in the game and a JOAT is quite usual too, so who would doubt you if you claim it?.... Anyhow, that's just me rambling

Back
Top Bottom