• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss1708

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I want to get a Zelda game for my 2DS, and have no idea what to choose. I have only played 2 Zelda games: Oracle of Seasons for GB Color (completed it), and Ocarina of time for N64 (didn't complete it).

I don't mind if its for DS or 3DS
I want it to be as long as possible and as entertaining as possible.

Which one should I buy?

Last edited:
There are two for the DS -- Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Both are based on the Wind Waker universe.

In the first one, there is a large central dungeon you will be returning to time and time again to go deeper, but it has a time limit that can get annoying. The second one also has a large central dungeon but it is broken up into individual sections.

To me, the second one was better in many ways, particularly dungeon and puzzle design.

On the 3DS your choices are Ocarina remake, Majora's Mask remake, and Link Between Worlds. Link Between Worlds is set in the SNES Zelda universe and plays really well. Dungeon design is good and you can tackle most of the dungeons in any order you choose (mainly because instead of acquiring the tools inside a dungeon, you need to purchase said tools from an NPC before going in), which gives you a good sense of freedom in how you play the game.

The best option for a gateway game into the series would probably be OoT (3D style anyway) and while I haven't played Link Between Worlds I hear it's great.

either of the remakes or phantom hourglass. The remakes are better games but phantom hourglass has linebeck so it's hard to say which one I suggest most. I guess my personal order is majora's mask, ocarina of time, then phantom hourglass. I've only played the original versions of mm and oot, but I don't think there's many real differences?

never played link between worlds but I've been told it's legit

spirit tracks sucks kinda

as far as virtual console goes, link to the past was the first zelda game I ever played. It's a good game, but nostalgia aside I think I prefer the other ones I've mentioned. Aside from spirit tracks lol.

Last edited:
A Link Between Worlds because how acessible and easy to pick up the game is. Also because how much fun the game is.

@Neosquiddia; OOT N64 and OOt 3DS are pretty much the same, but MM N64 and MM 3DS do have some major differences.

@Neosquiddia; OOT N64 and OOt 3DS are pretty much the same, but MM N64 and MM 3DS do have some major differences.
huh? What "major differences"? I doubt you'll convince me to buy it, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious.
- Gyorg and Twinmold boss battle got a major redesign.
- The notebook is actually useful now.
- Song of double time warps you to a specific hour of your choice instead of every 6 hours.
- Owl statues actually save your progress like a normal save instead of just being a temporary save like in the N64 version.

There are other differences but i'm forgetting atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom