• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ZeldaInformer starts Black and White League: Bulba affiliate expands upon its previou

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
ZeldaInformer starts Black and White League: Bulba affiliate expands upon its previous league

ZeldaInformer, a NIWA affiliate, has announced the launch of their Black and White League, a new place for competitive battlers to test their skills.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: ZeldaInformer starts Black and White League: Bulba affiliate expands upon its pre

The rules seemed pretty standard until I read this:

Players may not enter a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon character (for example, a Charizard nicknamed "Cleffa").

That's...kinda stupid. ._. Is there any reason why this rule exists? I know I would laugh if I was owned by a Hydreigon nicknamed "Magikarp".

Re: ZeldaInformer starts Black and White League: Bulba affiliate expands upon its pre

The rule exists so you can't fake out your opponent by nicknaming a high level Pokémon or sweeper the name of another, usually low level one like an HM Slave.

"Trainer is about to send in Bibarel! Switch Pokémon?"
No, it's just their HM slave, probably the lowest level in their party.
...And then its a level 100 Salamence or whatever nicknamed Bibarel.

"Trainer is about to send in Bibarel! Switch Pokémon?"
No, it's just their HM slave, probably the lowest level in their party.
...And then its a level 100 Salamence or whatever nicknamed Bibarel.

That's not right. When you battle wifi you're not told when your opponent is switching out. They just switch out. I don't know if Nintendo tournaments tell you when your opponent switches out, but I know regular wifi battles don't. That takes away from the competitiveness of it all.

That rule is in the official tournaments too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom