• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Zexy Games Mafia - Endgame - 11/14/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still haven't explained why I would take the incredible risk of claiming driver, and my targets, on the night that the person I said I'd attempt to keep alive, died.

If you can come up with a totally valid reason for this, heck I might even call it good.

I do not know. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

If I recall correctly (and I don't have time to search the thread for the quote) you never actually said you'd keep WO or yourself alive. I believe you made bold claims that the mafia would suffer if they targeted you or WO. I even recall trying to ask if my role would get me killed if I targeted either of you, to which you avoided the subject a couple of times and then flat out told me to target someone else.

Anyone willing to summarize any big events involving the players still alive? Claims, etc.?

Thanks. I will look over the thread myself as well.

Hopefully we make it through the night.

mass claim sounds like a plan, but only if we get through tonight. I'm still trying to figure out how many mafia are left. With 7 alive, last day could have been the last day phase of the game, and since we lynched an independent, that means there could be 3 mafia. If Bus Driver is able to redirect the mafia kill in a good direction, or if there are some BP roles still around, that might be our only chance.

mass claim sounds like a plan, but only if we get through tonight. I'm still trying to figure out how many mafia are left. With 7 alive, last day could have been the last day phase of the game, and since we lynched an independent, that means there could be 3 mafia. If Bus Driver is able to redirect the mafia kill in a good direction, or if there are some BP roles still around, that might be our only chance.
I don't think there could potentially be 3 mafia left wouldn't the game have ended the last phase then-- when Pikochu won? If there are any mafia because I'm starting to wonder at this point then there'd probably be 2 or maybe even just 1. Of course if there's 2 instead of 1 then we're screwed either way. But anyway yeah I'm definitely in favor of a massclaim if we make it through the night. Again given there's any mafia and there's not just like two more jesters or something.

keep in mind that if Elieson isn't lying about being a bus driver, that would prevent them from winning right away given the chance for kill redirection. We have to try and get through the night without losing a town.

keep in mind that if Elieson isn't lying about being a bus driver, that would prevent them from winning right away given the chance for kill redirection. We have to try and get through the night without losing a town.
Assuming there is no role blocker or similar role, this is a good point.

Day 4 start

Zexy opened a TvTropes tab. Then he opened another one. And another one. And another one. And another one. And another one...
The mafia felt pity for him and spared him from this endless misery...

Dear Giles jdthebud, you are representing tvtropes mafia.
This is Zexy's twelfth hosted game. It was originally to be co-hosted alongside returnofMCH but he stepped down and Zexy continued by himself, although MCH still helped with the setup and role PMs. It resulted in a scum win thanks to a quick hammer.

The selected role is Anti-Hero. They were the game's independent who could check people's names so they could find the Town Doctor and Mafia Godfather, then had to take them both down to win. To help this in this task, they had a vigilante shot.

As a result, you are the Namecop/1x Vigilante. Every night phase you can select a player; if they are the Godfather or the Doctor, you will learn their exact name. Once in the game, during the night phase, you can also select a player which will be killed.

You are allied with yourself and win when the Godfather and the Doctor are dead (regardless of whether you are alive).
jdthebud was killed. He was Anti-Hero from tvtropes mafia, Independent Namecop/1x Vigilante.

It is now Day 4. It will last 48 hours unless a HYPER-MAJORITY occurs.
With 5 players alive, 4 are needed for HYPER-MAJORITY.
This may be the last day phase of the game.

jd subs in. jd dies. Also, Another independent?!

This does confirm there is a godfather in the game though.

Vote: Elieson

I have a multitude of reasons, stemming back to the start of the game, but these mafia killings seem too organised... too strategic.

Elieson is the only power player left, and these killings feel like something he would do.

I guess you guys don't want me playing this game at all, lol.

Another ITP, FFS I'm getting really tired of this. I just wanted a normal mafia game where I could hunt for a scumteam and feel good about myself. Ugh.

jd subs in. jd dies. Also, Another independent?!

This does confirm there is a godfather in the game though.

Vote: Elieson

I have a multitude of reasons, stemming back to the start of the game, but these mafia killings seem too organised... too strategic.

Elieson is the only power player left, and these killings feel like something he would do.

^ Doesn't even respond to my ideas of massclaim,
^ Doesn't provide a single reason for why I've done what I've done so far during the course of the entire game
^ Just says I'm scum because Elie's a power player, so he's obviously scum. No m8, No. You don't have a multitude of reasons, outside of 8 different examples or so of paranoia.

Hey @AE, why would I, or anyone, want to "strategically kill" Giles aka jdthebud? Give a reason for your thoughts once in the dang game that doesn't revolve around paranoia.

I'm still convinced that our now-dead copper left us a clue. That said, there's currently the *Could Lose Today* clause out, which means there's something that'll screw with numbers; two kills, two antitown, idk. The game's not at 4:1 or 4:0:0:0:0:1 or whatever, it's probably 3:1:1 but maybe 3:2. I'm having serious doubts about there being a scumteam after all these flips.

I think the cop left us a clue on FinalArcadia, but I could easily be wrong.

Game any thoughts -against- MASSCLAIM right now? I'm holding off my vote because if there IS a scumteam and AE isn't it, the game just ended

Guess I'll start the massclaim off. I'm the Angel from Murder She Wrote 3. I hoped that I'd be able to buy us an extra phase last night with a correct protect so long as I didn't out when I was under suspicion. My night actions have been:

N1 protected WolfOwl
N2 protected myself
N3 protected Elieson

Can you flat-out state the reasons? I can only remember one about the nature of Elieson's threats to scum on N1, so I'm not sure what the "multitude" is, unless I've missed them in other posts of yours?

---------

Seeing all the claims should help somewhat, but it might also be beneficial if we all gave reasons that everyone could be scum (assuming this isn't some wacky no-mafia setup and there's actually all anti-town indeps or something). Obviously these aren't taking into account any claims that have yet to occur (AE, Ghostly, Elementar).

Elieson - claimed bus driver who caused WO's death N1. Claim was town in the original source game, but given all the vigilantes we've seen, it could have been shifted to scum for shenanigans. Also could be a fakeclaim for scum who killed WO to try to build a solid claim out of it. Could have worked toward getting the jesters lynched under the assumption they'd be easy lynches at little risk, though even scum wouldn't know if a jester was actually a jester.

AussieEevee - notably hasn't mentioned anything about the massclaim last phase or this one, even after it was pretty much established that we'd need to do so this phase. Voted hastily this phase without providing much reasoning. Hasn't voted hardly at all throughout this game and instead has mainly tunneled on a small subset of players. The amount of actual scumhunting that he has done is very debatable given the extreme tunneling. Was bothered by the lynch on Daiya-the-jester... yet did nothing to stop it nor did he even mention the possibility of Daiya being a jester iirc.

Ghostly - pushed very hard on Elementar D1, in what could have been an attempt at an easy lynch. Suspected him for what seems to be the majority of that phase, then she hardly mentioned Elementar again after that. Agreed with Alex Kaz's suspicions of me by providing only vague reasons for why I could be scum (things like "something seems off" or it being a feeling), and never pursuing it further even though that came up D2 I think. May have been testing the waters to get me lynched there. Admittedly beyond that, I can't think of much else notable.

Elementar - placed the infamous 4th "joke" vote D1 on WO with a given reason to generate discussion (even though he also said in the same post that the vote had no reason). Later vote on D1 was on Ghostly, the person who had been pushing him most for the 4th vote. IIRC, he said that it was annoying that she was focusing in on him so much in the reason for his vote, but I'd have to double check that for the exact wording. As the game has continued, he has more and more faded into the background activity-wise, with his posts being progressively shorter and mainly just immediate reactions to things without much further analysis (particularly during D3).

Well I'll go ahead and claim. I'm just a regular vanilla townie from Corrupt!? Mafia. This is why I wanted to stay on the wagon when we were voting Daiya (thinking he was a bomb).

FinalArcadia said:
pushed very hard on Elementar D1, in what could have been an attempt at an easy lynch. Suspected him for what seems to be the majority of that phase, then she hardly mentioned Elementar again after that. Agreed with Alex Kaz's suspicions of me by providing only vague reasons for why I could be scum (things like "something seems off" or it being a feeling), and never pursuing it further even though that came up D2 I think. May have been testing the waters to get me lynched there. Admittedly beyond that, I can't think of much else notable.
I explained my reasons for it, but I'm not about to rehash that whole argument. I really couldn't have since it was pretty much written off as an annoying discussion so I figured it was safest to just leave it be and I just kind of... tried to keep it off my mind. I mean don't get me wrong since we're on the subject I still find it weird but anyhow. Can't justify my "something seems off" comments, those are vague so you're right on those being pretty bad lol. I mean I wasn't testing any waters or anything of that sort to get you lynched and I don't even see how it looked that way, in fact I just wanted it out there that there was something just different about your playing in this game. But I also haven't played a game with you in a while so I wanted some guidance from players who've played with you recently to see what they thought.

Got back from an appointment so I need some time to gather thoughts but anyway I'll be interested in Elementar and AussieEevee claiming too because that could really help.

^ Doesn't even respond to my ideas of massclaim,
If you insist.

I'm the rook from the Chess Mafia. I have a two shot alignment investigation power. Was going to use it on you day 1, but you scared me off so I scanned @Elementar. It failed. Not sure why. Haven't used the second shot yet.

I was holding off so scum wouldn't make me a priority for tonight's shot.

^ Doesn't provide a single reason for why I've done what I've done so far during the course of the entire game
I don't need to provide a reason for the evidence. I don't know. If you're not scum, you could be another jester. Your reasons for your moves would vary.

^ Just says I'm scum because Elie's a power player, so he's obviously scum. No m8, No. You don't have a multitude of reasons, outside of 8 different examples or so of paranoia.
"All your reasons for finding me scum are paranoia"... Really, Elieson? Really?

You promised to protect Wolfowl day 1. Wolfowl died night 1.

Your posts and your loud and aggressive attitude has struck as as trying to make a show of innocence.

We are losing power roles in a manner that suggests deep calculation and foresight. As if you and your scum buddy (Or buddies) are taking out targets in order of priority.

Hey @AE, why would I, or anyone, want to "strategically kill" Giles aka jdthebud? Give a reason for your thoughts once in the dang game that doesn't revolve around paranoia.

You tell me.

being a scumteam after all these flips.
If you are town (Which I highly doubt) then I've been wondering the same thing.

AussieEevee - notably hasn't mentioned anything about the massclaim last phase or this one, even after it was pretty much established that we'd need to do so this phase. Voted hastily this phase without providing much reasoning. Hasn't voted hardly at all throughout this game and instead has mainly tunneled on a small subset of players. The amount of actual scumhunting that he has done is very debatable given the extreme tunneling. Was bothered by the lynch on Daiya-the-jester... yet did nothing to stop it nor did he even mention the possibility of Daiya being a jester iirc.
I'm pretty sure I explained my reasons for Daiya, a few pages ago. I've also given my reasons for an Elieson vote, time and time again. My suspicion of Elieson dates all the way back to the beginning of this game.

Well I'll go ahead and claim. I'm just a regular vanilla townie from Corrupt!? Mafia. This is why I wanted to stay on the wagon when we were voting Daiya (thinking he was a bomb).
Role heavy game, hundreds of independents, and you're a simple vanilla? That doesn't make much sense, TBH.

@AE First off, at the rate this game is going, Lynching a Claimed Jester is probably among the best things for the game to do, since it
Second; I fucked up re: WolfOwl. I came out and admitted it immediately because I felt bad about it. You'll see in PostGame if I actually did get her killed because to this point I'm still confused about it.

Third; You're saying that I somehow determined (I appreciate the compliment) through sheer deductive powers that N1's Doctor and N2's Cop, and N3's ITP CopVig. Giles posted ONCE FOR THE WHOLE GAME. Look at his post. Look at it. HOW WOULD I FIGURE ANYTHING OUT ABOUT HIM?! You're still not giving an ounce of reasoning to anything that I'd do. You're just saying "Elieson's smart, so he probably just did it." That's not logic. That's paranoia. If Giles was town, he's about as threatening to scum as a wet piece of toilet paper. If Giles was scum, then I'll be super salty. If Giles is ITP, then who cares. Strategically, killing the more vocal people makes the most sense in a game like this and Giles (who's like I said, done effectively nothing) is just a random kill that doesn't help a killer when if a role even exists on the slot, it's probably been inactive. jdthebud doesn't intimidate me (nobody on this site does except for occasionally our gracious host, and RyuuTakeshi, who's not playing), so jd subbing in didn't instill some miraculous levels of fear into me.

Giles, an ITP, died last night, therefore I'm scum?

I'm being loud, therefore I'm scum?

Unclaimed PRs died, therefore I'm scum?

Like I said WAY back into D2; I claimed Driver, a super traceable role. I know for a fact that you didn't do your research on my claim, despite me posting references to it no less than two times, but I won't bicker about that since no one seems to have. What I do know is that for me to be scum claiming a very visible role such as my own, that I would be

If you think I'm jester, why are you voting for me? Is it because you want Jester!Elieson to win? As much as I'd be for it, I'm not Jester sadly I wish I was. I've never been a Jester and would love to give it a shot once in my life.

You're absolutely bat-shit paranoid about me, and have been for all game long, and after I claimed Driver, you haven't scanned me like you obviously feel like you should've done and said you were tempted to do but didn't. The Elementar scan failed and not a single role has flipped thus far that could cause an action to fail. I could've caused a re-direction, but a Failure? No.

If all that is just a meaningless breeze and you still think that I've killed people/power roles logically and pushed for lynches that have been anti-town, then park your vote on me.

Regarding Claim business:

@AE There've been 2 chances for you to scan me since then. Why haven't you scanned me? You're holding off on scanning people so scum doesn't find you. In what world does submitting a Night Action automatically turn you into NightKill fodder? Please, enlighten me, because I'm clearly incapable of understanding how discussion during N3 of a massclaim would make you a NK target for N4, while you sit on your role. Part of me thinks that you're desperate for a lynch and you're pushing an angle of "I just reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally really think you're scum", which again, isn't logic.

I want an @Elementar claim. AussieEevee's N1 scan failed, and for a reason. There's 5 people alive, and one claim left. IF AE is a cop, then his action failed because of something in this game. Who would target AE for a N1 hook of all reasons when WolfOwl and I were claimed/confirmed to have night actions? Why rando Elementar? Alternatively, why protect Elementar from being targeted like by a SafeGuard or JailKeeper? Makes 0 sense. This I gotta hear.

@FA So according to your RolePM, you're the Angel, right? I've stated my reasons for you probably being scum. This game's flipped with 3 town Vigs so far, which is ridiculous.

@Ghostly Idk I just don't think he's really all that scummy and tbh I haven't paid that much attention to him since I've had constant scumreads elsewhere.

Vanilla was a chump role in TWR'16 Mafia though. I wouldn't put it past the host to do this to some poor chump again

Also WAIT A MINUTE

If you insist.

I'm the rook from the Chess Mafia. I have a two shot alignment investigation power. Was going to use it on you day 1, but you scared me off so I scanned @Elementar. It failed. Not sure why. Haven't used the second shot yet.

Dear jackatlasred, you are the Traitor Rook. You are bulky and can prevent others from using their roles. As such, you are the Roleblocker. Each night, you can post in the Mafia QT "ROLEBLOCK: player" and that player will be unable to use their action for that night, if they can perform one. You are one of the Traitors and win when you equal or outnumber the King's Servants.

You're claiming this role? The role list Zexy's Chessboard - QuickTopic free message board hosting <--- is right there. The only mentions of Rook in there are the Traitor Rook, which is a Roleblocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom