• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Zexy Games Mafia - Endgame - 11/14/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, I'm fairly confident that Ghostly is the scum rather than you, @Elementar . Ghostly's claim is the odd one out against the rest of the players. A vanilla in a game that is essentially a "Best Of" game for the Zexy canon seems hard to believe, given that nobody finds vanilla to be an interesting role. Especially not when we've seen wacky things here like Seth's role and the many jesters.

Behavior-wise, I'm honestly not able to remember anything that stands out as "wow, that was super scummy" from Ghostly, but that could just be a mark of a very sneaky mafioso. I'd have to look back to find specifics. But there are some questionable actions from Ghostly that could be scum motivated, such as the tunneling on Elementar during D1 and the only vague suspicions she gave about me, leaving me little to address and it could have been done to further me as a mislynch target by following along with Alex's posts.

I'm more inclined to believe that there's a commuter given that my own role is a duplicate function-wise and based on Eevee's behavior last phase, barring a serious bussing attempt. Which is possible given Eevee had to know he was going to die, but that's not the feeling I'm getting from it.

As for a further defense for me, I've been active pretty much this entire game. I haven't shied away from making accusations, and I have always included at least some reasoning for my votes/suspicions (the only real exception is this time, since I'm narrowing things down based more on claims since both of you have been townreads for most of the game for me). I've tried to encourage discussion, and I believe I've defended myself strongly and clearly any time I've been questioned/suspected. I absolutely do not want town to lose this when we are within millimeters of victory here. If you're scum Elementar, gg. But process of elimination leaves Ghostly the most likely suspect.

Also, if I'm scum, then that means I at least agreed or chose to kill Alex at a point where it would've reflected VERY poorly on me. WIFOM, I know, but I ask this seriously: how would that have been a good action for scum!me to do? I think it was a purposeful kill to draw suspicion to me - whether they knew Alex was cop or not - and given Ghostly's vague suspicion of me, it easily could've been something she + Eevee thought would seal the deal for a mislynch.

And in regards to Elieson saying that jd's wincon doesn't make sense if I'm doctor, that's not the case. I'm literally called Angel for my role. Though doctor and angel do the same thing, the names are not the same and there's no confusion at all with jd winning with the named doctor - WolfOwl - having died and not me, since I'm not "Doctor," but "Angel." As angel didn't exist in the game jd's role was from, there was no Angel to be a part of his win-con.

VOTE: Ghostly

At this point, I'm fairly confident that Ghostly is the scum rather than you, @Elementar . Ghostly's claim is the odd one out against the rest of the players. A vanilla in a game that is essentially a "Best Of" game for the Zexy canon seems hard to believe, given that nobody finds vanilla to be an interesting role. Especially not when we've seen wacky things here like Seth's role and the many jesters.

Behavior-wise, I'm honestly not able to remember anything that stands out as "wow, that was super scummy" from Ghostly, but that could just be a mark of a very sneaky mafioso. I'd have to look back to find specifics. But there are some questionable actions from Ghostly that could be scum motivated, such as the tunneling on Elementar during D1 and the only vague suspicions she gave about me, leaving me little to address and it could have been done to further me as a mislynch target by following along with Alex's posts.

I'm more inclined to believe that there's a commuter given that my own role is a duplicate function-wise and based on Eevee's behavior last phase, barring a serious bussing attempt. Which is possible given Eevee had to know he was going to die, but that's not the feeling I'm getting from it.

As for a further defense for me, I've been active pretty much this entire game. I haven't shied away from making accusations, and I have always included at least some reasoning for my votes/suspicions (the only real exception is this time, since I'm narrowing things down based more on claims since both of you have been townreads for most of the game for me). I've tried to encourage discussion, and I believe I've defended myself strongly and clearly any time I've been questioned/suspected. I absolutely do not want town to lose this when we are within millimeters of victory here. If you're scum Elementar, gg. But process of elimination leaves Ghostly the most likely suspect.

Also, if I'm scum, then that means I at least agreed or chose to kill Alex at a point where it would've reflected VERY poorly on me. WIFOM, I know, but I ask this seriously: how would that have been a good action for scum!me to do? I think it was a purposeful kill to draw suspicion to me - whether they knew Alex was cop or not - and given Ghostly's vague suspicion of me, it easily could've been something she + Eevee thought would seal the deal for a mislynch.

And in regards to Elieson saying that jd's wincon doesn't make sense if I'm doctor, that's not the case. I'm literally called Angel for my role. Though doctor and angel do the same thing, the names are not the same and there's no confusion at all with jd winning with the named doctor - WolfOwl - having died and not me, since I'm not "Doctor," but "Angel." As angel didn't exist in the game jd's role was from, there was no Angel to be a part of his win-con.

VOTE: Ghostly

I'm not mafia, because if I was, I'd vote right now and hammer and win. But you knew that, didn't you?

Ghostly being vanilla shakes things up. I expect that from Zexy.

Also, Ghostly has three choices to claim.

Poisoner Cop.
Poisoner (or Backup Poisoner)
Vanilla

Unless the two PRs were changed for the game, they can't really exist. Vanilla was basically the only option they had.

@Ghostly, who are you voting for?

Also, Ghostly has three choices to claim.

Poisoner Cop.
Poisoner (or Backup Poisoner)
Vanilla

Unless the two PRs were changed for the game, they can't really exist. Vanilla was basically the only option they had.
Poisoner could exist, and it could be a way to give scum more power to make up for the fact that there have to be only 2 scum total in the game. Now, why the poison wouldn't have been used would be a good question, but it's even possible that a poisoner!Ghostly could've tried to target you when you commuted or whoever else it was who also had a commuter aspect to their role (was it Seth Rollins I think?).

Poisoner could exist, and it could be a way to give scum more power to make up for the fact that there have to be only 2 scum total in the game. Now, why the poison wouldn't have been used would be a good question, but it's even possible that a poisoner!Ghostly could've tried to target you when you commuted or whoever else it was who also had a commuter aspect to their role (was it Seth Rollins I think?).

I didn't commute N2. I've commuted N3 and N4. What happened N1 and N2? I don't think they tried to poison me that often and didn't do it N1 and N2.

@Ghostly, may you please vote before me.

@Zexy, if Ghostly doesn't show up before the phase, are we allowed to get a sub?

Whoa sorry I'm really tired (it's late in my timezone and my medication makes me tired) so I need to make a good post tomorrow but to just answer your question right now Elementar: I will be voting FA when the day phase comes. Like I said I'm going to have to post something more substantial in the morning.

Whoa sorry I'm really tired (it's late in my timezone and my medication makes me tired) so I need to make a good post tomorrow but to just answer your question right now Elementar: I will be voting FA when the day phase comes. Like I said I'm going to have to post something more substantial in the morning.

I'm looking forward to it.

Alright last night I didn't even realize it was the day phase lol wow what in the world... note to my tired self: pay attention please...

ANYWAY

FinalArcadia said:
A vanilla in a game with a bunch of power-like roles is really not that unlikely. I'm not sure why both you and AussieEevee are/were saying this. I mean there's been a ton of jesters... That's not exactly highly interesting. I don't even know what happened in the Corrupt Mafia maybe it was a memorable game of Zexy's that's my only guess. Like I've said countless times I haven't even been back in TWR long enough to know much about Zexy's games. It'd be harder for me to come up with a fakeclaim for a game rather than you.

Behavior-wise, I'm honestly not able to remember anything that stands out as "wow, that was super scummy" from Ghostly, but that could just be a mark of a very sneaky mafioso. I'd have to look back to find specifics. But there are some questionable actions from Ghostly that could be scum motivated, such as the tunneling on Elementar during D1 and the only vague suspicions she gave about me, leaving me little to address and it could have been done to further me as a mislynch target by following along with Alex's posts
This whole paragraph is really reaching. You even state how nothing stands out as scummy from me, you're intentionally looking for little things from me to point out. If I've done nothing scummy how can you be 'confident' that I'm scum? In Day 1 when I was tunneling, which I'll admit at this point (sorry Elementar about that btw I was really confused about that whole thing), you actually agreed with my reasoning on questioning Elementar. You wouldn't be a mislynch though because you're scum. :p But no really I just gave off my scum reads there and was pointing out how something felt 'off' about your play in this game. In fact I addressed it again when you were asking me about my vagueness on the statement, and said I was looking for someone else to give me some direction on it-- such as whether or not they felt the same. Alex still could have been onto something though? That was never disproved and can't be.

That first statement is very 'reverse psychology-ish'. I was saying how I was suspicious of Eevee pretty much the entire game why would I keep putting suspicion onto the godfather when it's now apparent there were only two scum in this game. I quite obviously wanted him lynched especially in the phase where he finally got lynched. You, however, were seemingly reluctant to put the hammer on him. Actions speak louder than words is the expression.

VOTE: FinalArcadia.

Also one more thing I just thought of, why would AussieEevee be pushing suspicion onto me if I were his scum buddy? The only player he was appearing to ignore discussing was you.

I didn't commute N2. I've commuted N3 and N4. What happened N1 and N2? I don't think they tried to poison me that often and didn't do it N1 and N2.
There was that perma-commute ability that I believe Seth had, and it's also possible that it just didn't get used sometimes. For balance purposes, poisoner would almost assuredly be only x-shot rather than infinite.
Like I've said countless times I haven't even been back in TWR long enough to know much about Zexy's games. It'd be harder for me to come up with a fakeclaim for a game rather than you.
AussieEevee has been a very frequent player here though, so it's very possible that he could have helped with a fakeclaim. Plus, all it would take for a safe fakeclaim is to look through the game your role is from and choose a town role from it. Your choice would instantly be made with one look through Corupt!? Mafia, given the roles in it.
This whole paragraph is really reaching. You even state how nothing stands out as scummy from me, you're intentionally looking for little things from me to point out. If I've done nothing scummy how can you be 'confident' that I'm scum?
There are only three people here now. I've got 50/50 odds of picking correctly for scum, and adding your claim on top of that is what makes me confident.
That first statement is very 'reverse psychology-ish'. I was saying how I was suspicious of Eevee pretty much the entire game why would I keep putting suspicion onto the godfather when it's now apparent there were only two scum in this game. I quite obviously wanted him lynched especially in the phase where he finally got lynched. You, however, were seemingly reluctant to put the hammer on him. Actions speak louder than words is the expression.
I even said that WIFOM is a factor here, so I know it's not going to be exactly easy for someone to take my word for it. It makes perfect since to put suspicion on the godfather because it makes them a prime cop check target, which would put them well on their way to being cleared. As the game went on, Eevee progressively got put under more suspicion. If you thought he was going to be in danger of being lynched in the near future, it would be a wise move to act suspicious of your scumbuddy and/or flat-out bus him. I did nothing to prevent Eevee's lynch; all I did was not hammer because - as I said - I meant to come back and respond to people and try to make the most of the phase when time is ticking for us.
Also one more thing I just thought of, why would AussieEevee be pushing suspicion onto me if I were his scum buddy? The only player he was appearing to ignore discussing was you.
He probably wanted to make you look good for when he died. Distancing himself from you so that it doesn't look like you two are of the same alignment. I was already setup to be the next likely lynch target, so there would be little for him to gain in discussing me when doing so could actually hurt scum if it became too clear that Eevee and I weren't scumbuddies, thus risking losing the easy and obvious mislynch for this phase and costing scum the win.

Endgame

2 of the remaining 3 Zexies tried to put the blame on the other. The 3rd one had to decide. He did; he let them kill each other off, and he was the last survivor. Asking for the help of the other staff, he managed to use the machine to fuse back with the 12 dead Zexies into the original Zexy, just like it happened with ME.
It was all fine once again. Perhaps this time, The Machine should be destroyed...

Dear FinalArcadia, you are representing Murder, She Wrote 3.
This was the 3rd game of the Murder, She Wrote series (and last game of the original trilogy), hosted by AussieEevee. Zexy started co-hosting the series with AussieEevee from this game onwards. It was the only game of the series that led to a mafia win in a final 3 LYLO, thanks to the weaker town that led to a more balanced setup.

The selected role is Scott Nelson (the killer).

As a result, you are the Jack-Of-All-Trades (JOAT; 1x Framer 1x Strongman 1x Roleblocker). You can use each of the following ability once, but only up to one per night:

Framer: Select a player; they will show as mafia to any copchecks directed at them for the night.
Strongman: Select a player, then assign the mafia kill to your name, aimed at said player; the kill will bypass protection.
Roleblocker: Select a player; they may be unable to use their role for the night.

You are allied with the mafia and win when all forces opposing you are eliminated while at least one mafia member is alive (or nothing can prevent this from happening).
FinalArcadia was lynched. She was Scott Nelson from Murder, She Wrote 3, Mafia Jack-Of-All-Trades.
Dear Elementar, you are representing Murder She Wrote: Everyone is Scum Edition.
This is Zexy's 9th hosted game. Co-hosted with AussieEevee, their first hosted game in Season '17. It holds the record of being the shortest game in TWR history, phase-wise, as it did end in Day 1. The setup was such that it became possible, and the best-case scenario for the winners happened. It led to a mafia win... although the mafia was effectively the town of that game.

The selected role is the lone Townie. They had to survive until a certain phase and had a two-shot commuter ability to help in that.

As a result, you are the 2x Commuter. Twice during the game, in different night phases, you can select to commute, which will prevent you from talking in-thread for the rest of the night phase but also make you immune to any night actions.

You are allied with the town and win when all forces opposing you are eliminated while at least one town member is alive.
Elementar won in endgame! He was the lone villager from Murder, She Wrote: Everyone is Scum Edition, Town 2x Commuter.
Dear Ghostly, you are representing Corrupt?! Mafia.
This was a game co-hosted with Calvin focusing on the Poisoner mechanic. It was originally 13-player but had to be cut down to 9-player, then simplified to be similar to a regular Mafia Universe-style turbo game. The game was a perfect sweep from the mafia.

The selected role is a vanilla townie.

As a result, you are Vanilla. Your only power is your vote, so use it wisely!

You are allied with the town and win when all forces opposing you are eliminated while at least one town member is alive.
Ghostly won in endgame! She was a villager from Corrupt?! Mafia, Town Vanilla.

CONGRATULATIONS TO TOWN FOR WINNING THE GAME!

Zexy Games Mafia Role PMs - QuickTopic free message board hosting - Role PMs
Zexy Games Mafia - QuickTopic free message board hosting - Host QT
Zexy Games Mafia QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting - Mafia QT

Questions, comments and the rest coming soon!

Thanks @Zexy for an awesome game. That was really fun, and I do love semi-open games. But I'm not sure how you classify a game that has 3 jesters 'non-bastard.' :p It was pretty smart and funny though.

Good game everyone. We did well town, especially with the wasted day phases. It was a very close game, but it was well played by AE and FA.

Thanks to everyone for a fun match :)

Is disappointed there was no Suit Bearer in the game from Greek Mythology...

Did you enjoy the game?
What do you think of the setup?
Was the setup balanced?
If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?
Would you participate in a game like this in the future?

Would you like to see Zexy Games Mafia II? If yes, should the setup be this crazy or more simple?

Thanks @Zexy for an awesome game. That was really fun, and I do love semi-open games. But I'm not sure how you classify a game that has 3 jesters 'non-bastard.' :p It was pretty smart and funny though.

Good game everyone. We did well town, especially with the wasted day phases. It was a very close game, but it was well played by AE and FA.

Thanks to everyone for a fun match :)

Is disappointed there was no Suit Bearer in the game from Greek Mythology...
You're welcome. The entire game was built around trying to make a game with 3 Jesters balanced. As for it not being bastard, you've been warned in the OP:
"NOTE: The game is not bastard (by my definition) but the setup is quite role-heavy and could be considered as such by others."
I've stated in a reply to AussieEevee in the RotW Jester entry that I don't consider Jester bastard and gave reasoning for it. However it can be disruptive, especially when put in 3 times.

It was very close, there was bad luck for both town (Mido self-killing) and scum (FA being copchecked).

Greek Mythology was not supposed to be in this game; it was designed with my very first 12 hosted games in mind and put in the queue before Sockpuppet/Greek Mythology. Those games, alongside this one and Zexy Games Mafia II itself should be in Zexy Games Mafia II which I' might bring up when if I get 24 hosted games (wow).

C'mon, don't be a reason two sisters start fighting :p
Although fate seems to like keeping both of them up for Final 3. In Sockpuppet they were both town at least.
Why so little crossreferencing didn't happen is beyond me. I outright posted my role and like noone caught it :X
I thought the same for most of the game, but then it happened in the LYLOs where it actually mattered, and it worked out.

What a game. I had a blast.

Why so little crossreferencing didn't happen is beyond me. I outright posted my role and like noone caught it :X

Good calls @HD. Sorry you had to lose

It's okay... the fact that things didn't go as I predicted they would go makes it much more exciting and interesting! It's so boring being the SHSL Analyst and being right about everything! @WolfOwl was right about me being the Fool. I didn't expect a Day vig bomb to blow me up instead of saving its shot for later in the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom