• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Zexy Games Mafia III - Endgame: One Man Army of WE - 6/12/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww what!? A faction won, and I survived along-side them. By the wording of my win-con, I should've won.
Plus I was not gonna kill Mez and get blackmailed into losing because I refused to help for so long.
You have actually asked me all the way back in November 20th, check your Role PM:
Ahhhhh, interesting. So, basically, I'm a Commuting Survivor?
So I just have to avoid the lynch. Hmm... *Various convoluted strategies begin to form in my mind*
And my reply:
Not Survivor. You must survive with a faction only, other non factional indeps need to be eliminated.
That's the whole point of the wincon, it'd be just Survivor otherwise. There's always only one faction winning, but you needed to survive ONLY alongside one faction.

Typical. Zexy breaks into admin territory uninvited, steals an admin badge, makes a mess, breaks my machine, and he gets promoted to admin.

Meanwhile, I fall asleep on the job waiting for Zexy to arrive, because he's late for his shift, and I get reprimanded.

...that sounds about right, actually. :p

Oh and to quote myself from way earlier

#NoBalance

6:2:1:1:1:1:M sure was a kooky setup, mainly because at the start of the game, no less than 6 players were basically immortal via night kills, max 8, with the ezlo role being a sort of wildcard kill absorber for a while for 9 (which is what ended up happening, coincidentially). The Cop, Oracle, MillerizerKiller and Karp were the only players that could flip for...quite some time.

Good lord! That's ridiculous, even for me!

I demand action history for the Mafia! Apparently, their misadventures caused both Ezlo and LG to fail to achieve their wincons, and you know how much this must burn a hole in my abdomen!
D1 Deathproofize: Lone_Garurumon, SwordMaster
N1 kill: CheffOfGames
several kills idled
N5 kill: Flyhn

I'll explain balance and FT soon... as much of it can be even explained -_-

And yes, I was completely sober when thinking of this. I just went for over over over the top.

Wait, why did we take the hits when there were two bulletproof people left? I DEMAND ANSWERS, LEADER!

no, I mean, why did the non-immortal people work as a human shield in the flavor text instead of the immortal people?
I mean, that would just be good sense

Also, nerf Elieson, he's OP.

To quote @Pikochu who quoted myself:

587767ef29.jpg

Setup and balance
Just to make one first thing clear, to start the setup off I just threw the wackiest roles I could from each game and then refine it a bit to get an end result with a little semblance of balance (but with huge swing and bastardness of course).
3 Commuter Bomb Restless Spirits were supposed to be the town core. The Cop was too simple and was only added to give the Killers-Millers a reason for existence, and it was picked off VGB because it was one of the simplest one role-wise so I didn't have many options (sorry Eevee).
Several indeps were also a necessity; GO Mafia didn't have anything better, Hearthstone was indeps only, Street Fight's one was pretty much forced too... YCBIZVOSWRMM had to get an indep too. So this time I decided to shake things up by giving town less than majority while starting off.
The balance theme was "OC War between a Town Leader that's probably an Uryu VS Scum Leader Day 6 Man". The setup might've looked very broken because Elie JUST had to go rand the perfect Town Leader role, and Elie 2 OP pls nerf so he managed to break it way way too early for pretty much maximum pro-town swing. Meanwhile Max hasn't made as many attempts at OC, did not get good picks for his Deathproofize (mafia was supposed to just side with non-town and maybe win a few townies over, and deathproofize 2 good allies and then screw town over lynch-wise, which was the absolute weak point of the 3 Uryus). Of course RNG was merciless though but same was I and this outright broken scenario was the end result.

FT
Also something else I should make clear, when I first made up the admin card stuff I had no idea I'd get promoted to admin, it was just an out to 1) explain how easily I was moving around the admin section when ME had trouble doing the same in RM2 and 2) explain whatever weird stuff had to happen later as admin commands. I'd just get the unofficial admin promotion undone in endgame... but real life had different plans, so I rolled with it :D
I was thinking of how to wrap up the entire Zexy Games Mafia arc with a good enough climax... that's when I realized that II had a few FT holes such as introducing the plot thread of some mastermind behind it all forcing a Regeneration via ambush, and part of it towards the end being unfinished. So I just wrapped it all up by introducing an Evil Zexy that was around as soon as ZGM I and just happened to hide all along, and this was good enough to tie ME VS WE in the story and explain all the times the Zexy character would just do something silly and mischievous.
The Machine is also getting its own development. In I it's just there, in II it's been hidden but Zexy was taken there by force, in III it was hidden at the best place so Zexy somehow had to get to it, which is the entire reason I got the whole admin backdoor stuff in. And to finish off the Machine's own arc, since there was nothing worse it could get moved to, it's just getting destroyed. Good riddance :p

no, I mean, why did the non-immortal people work as a human shield in the flavor text instead of the immortal people?
I mean, that would just be good sense
Because I just needed an excuse to show each role PM flip. It would make more sense to have the weaker ones gone first as heroic sacrifices and keep the final two who had the same role as the Leader (Elie) for last, who did in theory both bomb on Evil (Max's) face to weaken him before the final blow.

In case it wasn't clear enough, the Leader one was Elie. Had he not blown up earlier it'd be crystal clear as his role PM would be shown last, but now for the story's sake I just had to keep him around and kicking till the end even though he "died" earlier (but as a Restless Spirit he is still around)

Also, nerf Elieson, he's OP.

Yeah, an unkillable person with a ton of claims, a council of advisors and the employ of an oracle and a cop is definitely OP.
Though he did build up that empire himself lol

Getting the Oracle deathproofized and asking the right questions too soon was the most broken part, I'm afraid.

But yeah everyone trusted Elie a bit too soon and no non-town ever dared trying a mass gangup on the other side. No Uryus blew up each other either, that D1 "Are there 3 town Commuter Bomb Restless Spirits in the game" destroyed it all.

You have actually asked me all the way back in November 20th, check your Role PM:

And my reply:

That's the whole point of the wincon, it'd be just Survivor otherwise. There's always only one faction winning, but you needed to survive ONLY alongside one faction.
Yeah, I guess you did didn't ya? Ah well, at least I can be smug about being right that Mez could steal the win from conceivably anyone.

Out of curiosity @Mellow Ezlo, had you died, who would you have given each Blackmail to?

D1 Deathproofize: Lone_Garurumon
Lol, I was an infinite commuter anyway.

Lol, I was an infinite commuter anyway.
That doesn't protect you from lynches; the plan was for town to be unable to control lynches, just one mistake or two early on and everyone could've ganged up on Commuters in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom