• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Zinn's Future Mafia Game Mafia - Game End (29/09/2020)

I didn't really suspect Mido2, I was town reading her last night and I also believe Alien's Cop claim, what do you think of the two protection role claims, do you think both Doctor and Bodyguard are in the game or do you think one of them could be a fake claim?
Possibly. I am doubtful that Zinn would give this big of a town advantage, having a Mirror, Bodyguard, Doctor, and a Redirector. I feel the most sus about Doctor and Bodyguard, so it's possible one of them is lying.

Possibly. I am doubtful that Zinn would give this big of a town advantage, having a Mirror, Bodyguard, Doctor, and a Redirector. I feel the most sus about Doctor and Bodyguard, so it's possible one of them is lying.
I'll go ahead and verify that my Doctor Role has been successful both times I have used it. So out of the five of us that remain, that means at least one of us is still being dishonest about being with mafia at this point. The one's who feel most suspicious currently to me are Blaine and Jinjo.

I'll go ahead and verify that my Doctor Role has been successful both times I have used it. So out of the five of us that remain, that means at least one of us is still being dishonest about being with mafia at this point. The one's who feel most suspicious currently to me are Blaine and Jinjo.
Mhm, fair. Who have you used your doctor role on?

Blaine was acting too weird to seem mafia, honestly. I didn't want to check him since if he was who he said he was, I wasted a night. Rainbow Cloud was also another one of my suspicions.

Day Four End - 29/09/2020

Day Four End/Game End
Who has been voted for?Who voted for them?
Blaine.Rainbow Cloud
Rainbow CloudBlaine., AlineXotic, Frozen Fennec
Couldn't voteJinjo

And so it was over already, it hadn't even been three hours since the day began and they'd already jumped on a lynch wagon, Blaine was too busy looking at his own mirror to realise he reflected his vote onto himself, but he soon corrected it. "Too bad, Rainbow Cloud" Zinn said over the speakers.

Rainbow Cloud has been lynched!
They were Overlord Mafia, the Mafia Role Cop!

Dear Rainbow Cloud,

You are Overlord Mafia.

ixGwUtfD97FBuxwq9Qw0UHYIHPHLGlJOqQZsouczkQuuf7FDwoUWJXpkwOFDSf3tuYagfffXgYnZXAJh_2U_tvZGHZNI-D9IRN1a6FWdoH03JeOnaILtZn2vOmtRFJ-rKOTHIf1SPL4

Overlord is a fun series that I put off watching for awhile, thinking it was your standard sort of Isekai type novel, when in fact it’s a lot more interesting than I originally thought. It begins with the basic premise similar to Sword Art Online and Log Horizon, where it’s a video game in the real world but somehow turns into its own reality of sorts. Featuring the main character and his group of NPCs who are now real people who will follow his command, he tries to keep up his persona of being a tough and evil overlord, in fear that they’ll try to kill him if he doesn’t do what they expect him to do.

This would be a fun series to make a Mafia game out of, though the game balance might be hard to work out, since the “heroes” or main characters of the story are insanely overpowered compared to their foes who fight more with diplomacy to win, rather than pure might. But when and if this game ends up being the one I host, I’ll have to come up with clever ways to make the balance between Town and Mafia to work well, perhaps involving some kind of unique gameplay mechanics.

uGYxbRW_0leetyMsuyzB8NrOaSHaGQ5qSoDRz7oa_XsxX9GQ30-ObEKU4QmhT0kht2DuaoqgSyd2Xhk5G4O5E2_15KjK10b2NomkTRyGkuNxBEU9PtkxtMPmZ7MwjHBgh14IdloBraY
Because of being a series about an overpowered demon lord in a strange world who can use powerful scrying magic, you are a Role Cop and will be able to discover the role of the player you target by using your Night Action when you say Scry on [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

Your fellow Isekai Game Ideas are jamiebearcub & Zachie, and you share the responsibility of killing players at night, use Scrap an Idea: [Player] in the Isekai Chat to do so. Unless otherwise specified, the player to submit the kill will carry it out.

You are Isekai Game Ideas (Mafia) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out or nothing can stop this from happening.

Suddenly all the doors to the facility unlocked, even the rooms of the "dead" players, and Zinn walked out and gathered everyone around, including those who had already lost the game. "I would like to congratulate Town for their victory, and I would also like to thank Rainbow Cloud, Jamie & Zachie for their time as our Mafia team" they said with a wry smile. "Let's not forget Kender either, I had a good time watching how he would approach his win condition"

Darth walked in with a saddle of sorts on his back, and on it was a cake that said 'Congratulations on winning Mafia team!', "Sorry, I was so sure Mafia would win, and I had to order the cake in advance" Zinn shrugged, using a knife to remove the word "team" from the icing. "Now, I shall provide all the information I have on this game, if you're interested. Of course, I'd also love it if you would all fill out my feedback survey, it can only help improve these games of mine!" Everyone had a good time at the wrap party and was just glad to partipate in another one of Zinn's fun games, and some were already eager for the next one, which of course would be due to Kender's victory, "Tokyo Ghoul:re Mafia, coming soon" Zinn announced, "and of course, I'm likely to still host the other games that were in here, they just might be further along down the line!"

The game has ended in a Town Victory!

Remaining Information
Jinjo has won the game!
She was Soul Eater Mafia, the Bodyguard!

Dear Dio_Brando1886 Jinjo,

You are Soul Eater Mafia.

99mIWvtlfFYE7VVyss42WERSst_Ik_OB_juFRJLFaZsUDDrxenvmrM9P-Rt9Tz00dQCKhZQga1Yk7TbbReJknZQkOjbBuxacwa0RM_h50SvK2rOZODyYWu6HQPmA4SVYL3XX3Zh_oNo

Ah Soul Eater, besides mainstream anime series like Pokemon or One Piece and the like, it was the first anime I ever saw. It holds a special place in my heart. Though while the anime was alright, it ended up doing it’s own thing about halfway through the series, deviating from the manga. While still a decent anime ending, I later read the manga and fell in love all over again with how the series continued and where it ended up at the end. It’s a very personal series for me.

Soul Eater is kind of hard to explain the premise of, as it’s a bit abstract at times. It follows Maka and Soul, a weapon wielder and someone who can turn into a weapon, as they fight against those who would commit vile deeds, such as eating human souls, tainting their own and becoming something akin to a demon. As a Mafia game, I could see it as being a quirky and interesting one, involving wacky characters such as Excalibur and Death the Kid who would battle against more serious characters like Medusa. Definitely a game I’m looking forward to putting into planning.

5et2Ha-8YEHcA4zUdpD35dBkQH_IWiauRavRvi3t1vWi1lKd0WJxfm0LPzmD9itSZvFTKWigwuF7AvfWdxorNfc1DMVi-NC7b9dNlS548wvCo0MLLp69De2FJrSgQrIpk6VjDzpSd8g
Because you hold a powerful place in my heart and feature characters who defend the innocent, you are a Bodyguard and can take the place of your target if they would otherwise die that night using your Night Action when you say Take an attack meant for [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

You are Game Ideas (Town) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.

AlienXotic has won the game!
They were Psycho-Pass Mafia, the Cop!

Dear AlienXotic,

You are Psycho-Pass Mafia.

WtUbf84DjqLTiKbQpqfYukS2CzqQRUbv6KfFqj6UGmlX-UAcMx_iXzRjLAtTxs1VY3SknspFgbOeNJ4zog67CDnH6_y99aHZ-H4g19yL5UZGTOKX3xTQ1mCuWY8GbdpqMtaC8_wAE9M

Psycho-Pass, in a word… Masterpiece. It’s a nitty gritty anime set in a “Utopian” society, which when you pull back the curtains is revealed to be a dystopia, known only to a select few. Governed by the SYBIL System, police can detect what a person’s mental state is, letting them discover criminal types before they’ve even committed any crimes, simply by deciding that they’re more likely to do so. It follows a new detective to the police force who comes across an obvious criminal who manages to evade capture and isn’t registered by the SYBIL System as a threat, leaving her to question whether the System is as perfect as everyone makes it out to be.

As a Mafia game, I think it could come with unique mechanics that could utilise the SYBIL System and each character’s mental state in determining whether they’re a threat or not. I definitely think I could have some fun coming up with how exactly that could work. I can also see enough “good guys” to go up against the “bad guys”, but it’s also a pretty morally grey series, so who knows what might happen...

i9PExPyhdzfVXJ9_KDBmX5UHgpflFex0rto70QcSlJ78moiaKaLvGq6YAU0i8CVikNjXlc_E9TApjf0Ic7GK696C9EJ8kRX9ULOalQzcqY9R9SB1nbqbZEQrMbArV8u7NDRy15t5G_Y
Because of being an anime based around police who use devices to detect the mental state of people, you are a Cop and will be able to discover the alignment of the player you visit during the night by using your Night Action when you say Use the SYBIL System on [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

Frozen Fennec has won the game!
She was Valkyria Chronicles Mafia, the Gamer with Doctor!

Dear Frozen Fennec,

You are Valkyria Chronicles Mafia.

4oemQ7GgzXhBEigH02DjWfWieSkQdm6xQjVGqe5IBKLpyrpofhamfHdAKRp9SLAUkPF07yhFxfYESGoWe6mWyCvsT3I2-00W1lGbEPJwZFUUNfxejDWc4e86K4KNDcJZWbRyM8jY97I

I’d heard about Valkyria Chronicles in passing for ages, I’m not sure why I never even looked into it. It wasn’t until they added Valkyria Chronicles 4 to the Switch that came with a demo to play, it was a very refreshing gameplay experience, one that I hadn’t really seen before then. You have different types of units, each with different kinds of abilities and stamina for moving across the battlefield. Not to mention it’s set in a war torn country, just people who want to defend their homeland, nothing more and nothing less, a serious sort of war drama in a video game, it’s very moving.

As a Mafia game I can see it working with each of the different types of classes in the game, as well as certain characters, such as high ranking military officers as well as the clear cut enemy. This would be an easier kind of game to host, but no less fun, coming up with interesting ways that each character is different from another.

PMD0s4puqacLA18zHeY4tDIRjsi-sFNtOAs8qezbdykz-j0ZCEDnh2I4CDI2C0KkmXIvHnzo5vkbsfh3jTpS2RpGxE5feuhyJYyebMjZEpRmlaEuRy42M58snJ7UqEw3RyaNzko1X0g
Because you are associated with a video game with two other Game Ideas, you are a Gamer in a Game Room. You and two others share a private chat and each have an assigned power role and will make a vote on which power to use each night and on what player, if a vote cannot be agreed upon, the action used will be picked randomly between the current votes. The three Gamer actions available to you to decide on each night are posted in the Gamer Room chat. You will carry out the role specifically tied to you if it is successfully voted for.

Your Gamer power is Doctor, taken from all units having first aide healing skills at a moments notice seen in Valkyria Chronicles, this power may prevent the death of it’s target if they would die that night.

Blaine. has won the game!
They were Steins;Gate Mafia, the Mirror!

Dear Blaine.,

You are Steins;Gate Mafia.

bgq67zkRVYi0O6K4_8Klb8zZ2nvXC4SOeJ6e5CyDanXjU_fogyAIK0RSmiD5jXKmjWdHFSj0sxpmEKq1bmoiOU3bY71hby_a0pk1mYwW8NKZt03rRr21ZyPV8mjbtaNet2LFaGTBikU

Steins;Gate was the first visual novel series I played, based around an in over his head “mad scientist” who accidentally invents time travel. He and his group of friends keep learning about how the time travel works, eventually going too far and causing disaster that they need to undo. There is also a “sequel” of sorts to the series, which follows a different timeline in a “what if” scenario, known as Steins;Gate 0, there are also a few different fun spin-off series as well. Steins;Gate is a part of the Sci Adventure franchise featuring other series set in the same universe like Robotics;Note and Chaos;Head.

As a Mafia game, I can see myself struggling on how to manage the time travel aspect of the series, as well as who the Mafia team might be, there are limited characters in the series as well so it would likely be a smaller than usual game to accommodate that. It’s an amazing series and it’d be fun to bring it to life in a Mafia game.

Qxy0JId2H2pfakPIIGh2I4YpHzKT7vewxiqI2ZQBxnSiBuSCXf5mqtYzleebiMh1XSU3p3Cyf0S2xCDyMp41TaoZBUZQT2N1tmsrtQ5PSrDdVZ0zWN--5CKBL8CuT8OmGTgczNOUCxA
Because of being based around a Sci-fi series involving time travel and other quirky science, you are a Mirror and will automatically make everyone who would target you with their night action, instead target themselves. This however, does not include the Mafia kill and you can still die from it.

1601308511188.png

Spectator Role PMs
Oh yes and lets not forget our spectators.

@Tood & @prog rocker have also won the game!
They were My Hero Academia Mafia, the Spectators!

Dear Tood & prog rocker,

You are My Hero Academia Mafia.

DCGqlgyRxY0oefbaknCCi-LswVQEALSgyrGvFCtGhoEcMCPVuBpCNLIwqJImj-HTM1UhVqhTW_j5sDCm-zazhjdBQszF8ny-lEvjwx9PQdMeIk1IHoMn828D7X6UZ1NFef1C93i5T3w

I love My Hero Academia, who doesn’t? It’s a fantastic superhero series. But man, this Mafia game for it that I’ve been promising for months just hasn’t gotten off the ground…

There are heaps of characters to choose from, we even know the basic premise and setting we want to do the game in. But matching super powered quirks to Mafia game roles, is really tough and difficult to do, because the game also needs to be fair and balanced. Have you seen some of those characters? They’re so strong compared to some others. It’s a real challenge and we just keep putting it off, but hey, one of these days it’ll be done and it’ll be my best game ever!

TZW4CqVryrTWQagkoIdwH9Xgj59HW0DOoysEvRpuf6baKUDQGZ5Ppv3nuiS1h9Uyb8eF_zDKxmM5E39VOf6hQdy6Wf4pYWiF6fxweTsQywmToIiuhvVzNnQKF-pvKMzKI5n39AVKzHg

Because you are already a game currently being planned by Zinn and have a view at behind the scenes, you are Spectators, you gain access to all Role PMs and chats created by the Host. In return you are not allowed to interact with the players in any way, shape or form, this includes posting and using reactions. However once the game is over you may post in the thread, as your role will no longer be in effect. You are also immune to being voted for and targeted by any actions.

You are a Spectators (Independent) and will win as long as you do not get modkilled for breaking you post restriction. This team is not hostile to any other and can win with any team.

@TheMalevolentOne & @HumanDawn (even though I never added you to the Role PM) have also won the game!
They were Fire Emblem: Three Houses Mafia, the Spectators!

Dear TheMalevolentOne,

You are Fire Emblem: Three Houses Mafia.

gedjb8eTPWUZHsK9Wzp28yU4ezE-AyTK22VOZ_SnHlc-kznLcWKWnILPB5s5KaEZ7wSbGRoOJPvcKzrLvewpAa0YPj9mgLNvqJH0XblZA8LZb0zqmRuLMaBPi8a9bbMkH8_C3X088yM

Fire Emblem: Three Houses Mafia, I think this idea came about during my Seraph of the End Mafia game, where everyone started adopting Fire Emblem characters as their avatar and we began roleplaying a bit in character. This gave me the idea to run a game based around Three Houses, the popular latest entry to the series.

I’ve been wanting to work with DekuNut for a while now, he makes really fun and interesting games that use unique gameplay mechanics and well, he’s a massive Fire Emblem fan, so he was the perfect fit for Co-Host. So far we’ve decided that like the spirit of the video game, the Mafia game will feature three factions fighting each other for the victory, but that’s all I’ll say about that for now. I hope you look forward to seeing it come to fruition!

qsCMsd8tJFpu4YRiVFyH-4KaIl-xSgn4s_lk5-wQi3_NrVjrpzT_bJ5CXPiCbw-Wkd9XflhkfwOx6W9EZYCs9psXl8bDRJrA4UDFYTB8L1pg4btQt66X91H-SGr155UQhnK02n-DSAQ

Because you are already a game currently being planned by Zinn and have a view at behind the scenes, you are a Spectator, you gain access to all Role PMs and chats created by the Host. In return you are not allowed to interact with the players in any way, shape or form, this includes posting and using reactions. However once the game is over you may post in the thread, as your role will no longer be in effect. You are also immune to being voted for and targeted by any actions.

You are a Spectator (Independent) and will win as long as you do not get modkilled for breaking you post restriction. This team is not hostile to any other and can win with any team.

Feedback Survey
Our Players:
  1. @KenderCharmeleon - Won Day Three - Tokyo Ghoul:re Mafia, the Game Role Selector & Vote Collector
  2. @jamiebearcub - Lynched Day Three - Re:Zero Mafia, the 1x Janitor & Godfather
  3. @Frozen Fennec - Won Day Four - Valkyria Chronicles Mafia, the Gamer with Doctor
  4. @Blaine. - Won Day Four - Steins;Gate Mafia, the Mirror
  5. @Dio_Brando1886 @Jinjo - Won Day Four - Soul Eater Mafia, the Bodyguard
  6. @Midorikawa - Died Night One - Astral Chain Mafia, the Gamer with Roleblocker
  7. @Rainbow Cloud - Lynched Day Four - Overlord Mafia, the Role Cop
  8. @Max1996 - Died Night Two - Aldnoah Zero Mafia, the Watcher
  9. @Zachie - Lynched Day Two - Sword Art Online Mafia, the Gamer with Tracker
  10. @AlienXotic - Won Day Four - Psycho-Pass Mafia, the Cop
  11. @PokeTrainerSpyro @Midorikawa - Died Night Three - Code Geass Mafia, the Redirector & Miller

Our Spectators:

I have a little survey here if anyone would like to fill it out, it’ll really help me in hosting future games:

1. Did you have fun?

2. Do you think the game was balanced and fair?

3. Did you enjoy your role & have you ever heard of the series your Game Idea was based off before?

4. How was the flavour text? This is the first time I did it featuring actual players rather than in-universe characters.

5. What did you think of the unique roles? [Game Role Selector (Can pick any role from a previously hosted game) & The Gamers (Neighbourhood with a Shared JOAT they can vote for)]

6. Did I do a good job as host, could I have improved on anything?

7. What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?

8. Out of all the game ideas featured in this game which would you be most interested in seeing me host sooner rather than later? (Can be found listed in the pings above)

So...care to explain why you used a Night Action on RC Night 1, Zachie?
The Game Room was essentially a Neighbourhood who shared night actions, each night they would have to try and agree on which player to target and with which action.
Mido suggested the RC Track and Zachie jumped on that, since he could tell RC not to use their action, thus making RC look more Towny.

1. Did you have fun?
Yeah, I had a lot of fun. I'm glad this was my first mafia.

2. Do you think the game was balanced and fair?
Well, I felt like the town had a huge advantage. There were 2 people who could redirect an action, a bodyguard and a doctor. Plus we had a cop and a tracker, which made it seem pretty unbalanced.

3. Did you enjoy your role & have you ever heard of the series your Game Idea was based off before?
I didn't get to use my role so no say. And no.

4. How was the flavour text? This is the first time I did it featuring actual players rather than in-universe characters.
I liked it, it was fun and nice.

5. What did you think of the unique roles? [Game Role Selector (Can pick any role from a previously hosted game) & The Gamers (Neighbourhood with a Shared JOAT they can vote for)]
I liked them.

6. Did I do a good job as host, could I have improved on anything?
Yes, I think you did.

7. What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?
My self vote obviously

8. Out of all the game ideas featured in this game which would you be most interested in seeing me host sooner rather than later? (Can be found listed in the pings above)

IDK. I've only heard of Tokyo Ghoul and SAO, but I haven't watched them.

Back
Top Bottom