• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Zinn's Future Mafia Game Mafia - Game End (29/09/2020)

Plus we had a cop and a tracker, which made it seem pretty unbalanced.
Technically the Tracker was Mafia.
I didn't get to use my role so no say. And no.
You were the only passive role, and I couldn't give you a power because Mirror is already really strong.
Though Rainbow Cloud did visit you on the last night, so they got a result of "Rainbow Cloud is a Role Cop". Mirrors are fun.
My self vote obviously
I saw that and half expected someone else to vote and cause you to get lynched instead xP
IDK. I've only heard of Tokyo Ghoul and SAO, but I haven't watched them.
Not sure what kind of things you like, but all of these are series that I really love, hope one of them catches your eye.

Not sure what kind of things you like, but all of these are series that I really love, hope one of them catches your eye.
I don't watch like anime that much, the only ones I have though are Death Note, Anohana, and MHA

And now I wonder, how would a Death Note mafia work? Would Light be independent or something?

And now I wonder, how would a Death Note mafia work? Would Light be independent or something?
DekuNut actually ran one. It was one of the more fun games I've played.

1. Did you have fun?

When I read my role description at first, I was kind of panicked. I got a couple of games of experience, but I didn't feel ready. 8 votes seemed like a huge amount . After the "shock" though, I decided to expose everything to everyone, and it started to be great fun! Everybody helped, and I wasn't bored because I was able to participate in the discussions even as an independent. That game was a new learning experience for me, might have an impact on how I'll play from now on.

2. Do you think the game was balanced and fair?

I wasn't sure at first, it looks like Town got an easy ride, but I asked someone with more experience than me (HumanDawn) and he said that the setup was probably a bit Mafia sided. Town got lucky a couple of time, with informed guesses, but still guesses.

3. Did you enjoy your role & have you ever heard of the series your Game Idea was based off before?

Yes, I really enjoyed my role. Also, yes, I know Tokyo Ghouls. Surprisingly, the only media I see from them was the real action movie, and I liked it.

4. How was the flavour text? This is the first time I did it featuring actual players rather than in-universe characters.

The flavor text was pretty dope. It was like getting a ride in Zinn's mind. :p Also, I really liked the ideas descriptions, with command words related to each World.

5. What did you think of the unique roles? [Game Role Selector (Can pick any role from a previously hosted game) & The Gamers (Neighbourhood with a Shared JOAT they can vote for)]

I liked playing my role. The Game Role Selector was pretty tamed though. Anyone who played that role seriously would choose double voter. Zinn mentioned bulletproof, but I'm not sure I would have been successful with that role. Also, the Gamers neighbor is an interesting idea. But putting a Mafia in there also gave a great advantage to Mafia. I think it needs a bit of tweaking, but I would be happy to see those mechanic in other games, and maybe, be a part of one.

6. Did I do a good job as host, could I have improved on anything?

Yes I think you did a great job as a host! Not your fault, but it's always a bit sad when people leaving in the middle of the game. I don't know if it was possible to help new players more? :unsure: Near the end though, everyone was active enough.

7. What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?

Well, it was funny how Max's tracking ended up in Zachie being lynched as a Mafia, but all for the wrong reasons. That gamer room mixed the things up quite a bit. Also, I'm surprised how the game was supposed to be tough for town on paper, but except the first No-Lynch night, there was no mislynch.

8. Out of all the game ideas featured in this game which would you be most interested in seeing me host sooner rather than later? (Can be found listed in the pings above)

Re:ZERO please!!!! I follow the anime, and I think there is a lot of potential for a Mafia!
Also, you didn't make a Steins;Gate Mafia yet!? You Zinn! Well, you have to do one :D :D :D I'll be participating to that for sure.

1. Did you have fun?
It was fun watching along, the best part was working together with you to help you create your game. Am I now forced to mod / cohost TG:Re?

We already discussed this, but it was kind of mafia sided with the game room, but town played well.

3. Did you enjoy your role & have you ever heard of the series your Game Idea was based off before?

Yes, too bad I lost

4. How was the flavour text? This is the first time I did it featuring actual players rather than in-universe characters.

I loved, although you were doubtful at first it turned out great.

5. What did you think of the unique roles? [Game Role Selector (Can pick any role from a previously hosted game) & The Gamers (Neighbourhood with a Shared JOAT they can vote for)]

Great idea, our execution could be better perhaps.

Yes, I always love being your cohost. Next time maybe separate your discord server for games.

The RC role pm result of last night
1601313948207.png

8. Out of all the game ideas featured in this game which would you be most interested in seeing me host sooner rather than later? (Can be found listed in the pings above)

Helping me cohost Shop Mafia III, coming soon! #shamelessplug

Congrats town and congrats again to Kender :)

Thanks also to jamie and Zachie on the mafia team, we gave it a good shot and jamie did well in her second mafia game and second game playing as mafia :)

Think our main downfall as HD pointed out in the graveyard on discord is we didn't do enough to push mislynches during the day phases, would say this is mostly my fault as I was too paranoid about Mido and worried about trying to push lynches on the new players making us look scummy that I sat back too much when I should have been pushing to get them lynched.

1. Did you have fun?
Yeah, enjoyed the game and had fun playing :)

Think the game was a bit unbalanced in terms of mafia to town in numbers but town's PR roles helped to address the balance, may still have been more mafia sided.

Yeah enjoyed my role, would have like to have been able to use the Role Cop Night 1 too but sitting out while Zachie tracked me was the right call. Afraid I hadn't heard of the series my role was from before.

Flavour text was fun and interesting to read, liked where it used the players as it was fun to see how the story played out.

Thought the Neighborhood shared JOAT was an interesting idea and one I hadn't seen before, think it was a bit of a downside for town as we had an idea who the Doctor was from the start and they could not succeed with protecting anyone so long as Zachie was alive though also having the Bodyguard in the game did help to counter this.

Think you did a great job, you were active and kept up to date with all the developments in the game :)

Think it was where Max watched me night 1 after predicting if Max was a PR he might use it on me.

Afraid I don't really know that much about the series' feature in the game but sure they would all make interesting mafia games.

Last edited:
Am I now forced to mod / cohost TG:Re?
Yes
Yes, too bad I lost
It was totally 50/50 for me if we'd win or lose, by the time Night Three began, I thought we'd be safe xD
I should toy around with Host roles more.
I loved, although you were doubtful at first it turned out great.
I totally agree, once I actually got into it, I loved it. Especially after my comment about imagining the lounge to be like the Rec Room from Zero Time Dilemma so I just turned the whole setting into the facility and it really worked in my favour.
Great idea, our execution could be better perhaps.
Gotta agree, I had to clarify the Game Room about three times because I missed a few minor details.
Yes, I always love being your cohost. Next time maybe separate your discord server for games.
Yeah totally my fault for making OCs for an ongoing game right as my own game was starting.
Helping me cohost Shop Mafia III, coming soon! #shamelessplug
Gotta be the funniest part about this whole game for me. The fact that we created a whole other game idea during it and will probably run it before my next actual one, I need a break from taking lead.

I also loved the FT for adding details to what players did in the phase
Zinn and Darth meanwhile were geeking out over Zinn's cosplay, profile avatars, username origins, The Sims 3, Japanese food and airfare costs to Japan. In that exact order.
Even for us hosts, this literally happened before the update of that phase.

I just used it on you N1 because you're my best friend on here and had a gut feeling of sorts. But I'm sure you had everyone fooled with the Zachie lynch anyway. :p
Was worried you'd check me to try and clear me, was mostly worried if you were the cop night 1, we had no roleblock so our initial plan was to make you the kill.

I wasn't expecting there to be 3 mafia in an 11 player game and I thought the last scum was an sk. Seeing the Mido kill on N3 if I was online I would have been suspecting RC for being an sk and the Mido kill also pretty much spewed me and Blaine as town since I still had Mido as a poe at the time and Mido defended Blaine leaving the only player who could have killed her on N3 would have been RC.

Did you have fun?
Yes

Do you think the game was balanced and fair?
I'm not sure about the balance here and I think if town got mislynched on the first two days mafia it looked like mafia would have easily won.

Did you enjoy your role & have you ever heard of the series your Game Idea was based off before?
I am terrible playing as a protect role and playing as a bodyguard or doctor are the type of roles I need to improve on my night action. On the bright side at least I got to scum hunt more. I recently heard of my game idea but I've never watched it.

How was the flavour text? This is the first time I did it featuring actual players rather than in-universe characters.
I liked the flavour text.

What did you think of the unique roles? [Game Role Selector (Can pick any role from a previously hosted game) & The Gamers (Neighbourhood with a Shared JOAT they can vote for)]
It looked interesting and I would have to agree with RC on what he said.

Did I do a good job as host, could I have improved on anything?
Yes

What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?
My favorite part was when I killed ZinnLav and DarthWolf which was funny.

1. Did you have fun?
YES
Yeah pretty much I think? We had an eye into the game room, which skewed mafia, but town had a lot of good roles too. Ultimately, some of it comes down to whos in what role, and I think the "senior" players were well distributed (at least until subs were made) so it made for a pretty balanced game overall.
I enjoyed my role, though I wish I got to use my 1x Janitor. Im glad that was an option though, just godfather would have been boring lol. Also ive barely heard of my game but i dont play much outside of pokemon/animal crossing...
I LOVED all the flavor text!!! Also I agree with kender about the action uses like, "scry on:" and "reveal the truth to", etc, were fun and good and should be used often!
The neighborhood was mostly good, but also kinda weird since they could only do one action for 3 people...and I don't know enough about GRS i think. Having one mafia in the neighborhood was nice tho lol
Fantastic job, though I had no idea you could get modkilled, I wish I did so I couldve caused it :p
Probably everyone jumping to the conclusion that RC must be town b/c Zachie visited them. Least favorite would be Mido coming back for Spyro, Mido is just too perceptive :confused: (Thanks for being my mentor @Midorikawa , I think I will always live in fear now lmao)
The only one Im really familiar with is steins gate....im new to anime tv series things (ive watched a decent amount of movies at this point), so I'd love to suggest Erased and/or Promised Neverland, given those and steins gate are the only true anime series ive seen :p

I am terrible playing as a protect role and playing as a bodyguard or doctor are the type of roles I need to improve on my night action.
How are you as a mafia team member? It often helps as a protective role to think like mafia would.
My favorite part was when I killed ZinnLav and DarthWolf which was funny.
ME would be proud

I enjoyed my role, though I wish I got to use my 1x Janitor. Im glad that was an option though, just godfather would have been boring lol. Also ive barely heard of my game but i dont play much outside of pokemon/animal crossing...
I was sad to see the Janitor not get used, though I feel like I should use it more often, it's a fun role and should be more common. I endeavour to make sure passive roles almost always have some sort of night action, unless their passive is really strong, like Mirror or PGO or similar.
Also when I say Game Idea, I mean Mafia Game. Re:Zero is based off a Light Novel series and has an anime about it. Isekai refers to the genre, meaning "Trapped in Another World"
Also I agree with kender about the action uses like, "scry on:" and "reveal the truth to", etc, were fun and good and should be used often!
For sure, it was one of my favourite things I added this game, I've used it a bit for the Mafia kill command before and I think a couple independents, but definitely more fun to write them in the perspective of a character. Code Geass' command for example fits perfectly with Lelouch commanding someone to obey him. Though I can see it being tricky for some of the roles that might not match the character perfectly, such as Ken Kaneki as a Cop, flavour-wise it's because he has a unique perspective on the world and can just tell who's Ghoul or not, but I wouldn't know what command word to use xP
The neighborhood was mostly good, but also kinda weird since they could only do one action for 3 people
I mean that was part of the whole "unique role" thing, it was a neighbourhood who could vote on one of three actions and if one of them died, they'd lose an action tied to that player. Definitely feels like it could use some tweaking, but I'm hoping to return it sometime, perhaps they'll all be Town, maybe I'll throw two Mafia in there, you don't know, I could keep it the same ratio of Town/Mafia, how about just throwing half the players in it :v
Fantastic job, though I had no idea you could get modkilled, I wish I did so I couldve caused it :p
Hosts can always die in my games, not only can you vote and lynch us, you can also night kill us. Plus we always have a hidden lose condition that varies per game. It's specifically a modkill to make it clear that it wasn't a direct cause by the player, unless they purposefully killed us :p
The only one Im really familiar with is steins gate....im new to anime tv series things (ive watched a decent amount of movies at this point), so I'd love to suggest Erased and/or Promised Neverland, given those and steins gate are the only true anime series ive seen :p
I was actually considering Promised Neverland, I've only gotten up to about Volume 5 though, and as it stands to where I'm up to, there simply aren't enough characters to form Town, plenty for Mafia though, though it does look like their group is expanding, so I may reconsider it, if someone doesn't beat me to it.
Erased while a good anime, severely lacks a large enough cast to form Town/Mafia.

How are you as a mafia team member? It often helps as a protective role to think like mafia would.

Normally when I'm mafia there would always be a mafia roleblocker and a strongman so pretty much this is what I would have done as mafia, roleblock the outed doctor and kill the outed watcher. I originally protected Max and then when I saw Fennec claim doctor I thought she was going to protect Max and then I switched my night action to Fennec and I thought Max was going to watch one of the unclaimed. Since there was no mafia roleblocker and strongman I would have killed one of the unclaimed out of the paranoia of doctor and watcher visiting each other.

I also thought mafia was going to roleblock Max and kill Fennec which is why I switched to Fennec when I saw her claim.

DekuNut actually ran one. It was one of the more fun games I've played.

Death Note Mafia v

smashboards.com/threads/thoughts-on-this-setup.506258/

Death Note Mafia ^

I hope Mido decides to stick around to see how the game goes though" thinking to themselves.
Stick around I did.
looked at Mido who was having a drink at the bar,
Coke I’m assuming.
especially Max who claimed to have been stalking Rainbow Cloud all night, which wasn't creepy at all.
I ship it.
Mido spent more time at the bar, rarely leaving, except to go to the bathroom.
Lol this is so accurate. My co workers comment on how often I go to the bathroom.
The Sims 3,
Now I want to play.
While everyone was busy distracted by the morbid sight (to which someone laughed),
I was probably the one laughing.
GIVE ME!
Now, I think it's time you all went to bed" Zinn instructed them, sending them to their private bedrooms.
Yes mom.
Mido walked in and demanded they claim their roles
Sounds like something I would do.
Except for Darth, who got a juicy steak (that may or may not have come from Zachie), Zinn on the other hand had some turtle-bear soup (which may or may not have come from jamie).
..............can I have some Zachie steak?
1. Did you have fun?
Yes
Honestly this is hard to answer. With it being small and having a lot of newer players it kind of went weird. Mafia had two experienced players and a new player tha had been mentored as mafia so player wise they had an advantage. The roles get more iffy.
I have heard of probably most of the series but only seen/read a few. I enjoyed being a redirector.
I liked them. I think the gamer chat should have been all town though. Roleblcoker isn’t super strong for town, but doc and tracker are. Having them in a chat together having to vote makes a great nerf.

Heck you could make a mafia game on that concept....kind of want to now actually.
Yes and idk. You did a pretty good job.
Redirecting Jinjo :p
Idk[
Probably everyone jumping to the conclusion that RC must be town b/c Zachie visited them. Least favorite would be Mido coming back for Spyro, Mido is just too perceptive :confused: (Thanks for being my mentor @Midorikawa , I think I will always live in fear now lmao)
:) Welcome to the club :)

Overall I liked te game. It was simple and nice. It’s been a while since a mafia felt so peaceful. I didn’t like dying twice though -_-

And I’m glad it wasn’t too complicated since I’m hoping that our newer players got a chance to learn some.

I enjoyed how the night actions were done and gamer room was an interesting concept. Overall a great game!

Back
Top Bottom