• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Zinn's Future Mafia Game Mafia - Game End (29/09/2020)

Hey guys I like cars
I believe the acronym for this is "CWAC", Contributing without actually contributing. It means you want to appear to be helping, but it doesn't actually help at all. Also this:

Because suffrage is funny

Has some serial killer vibes. But I think if Kender is independent thats enough balance, right? I'd love some thoughts on meta/game balance if anyone has them. The two games I think of first that fit Zinn's hint are Pokemon and Fire Emblem. And maybe Zelda, but ive never heard of Zelda mafia.

I believe the acronym for this is "CWAC", Contributing without actually contributing. It means you want to appear to be helping, but it doesn't actually help at all. Also this:
Oh, oops. This is technically my first mafia game, so I'm not entirely sure about everything. I still need to look through some stuff. Sorry :)
Has some serial killer vibes. But I think if Kender is independent thats enough balance, right? I'd love some thoughts on meta/game balance if anyone has them. The two games I think of first that fit Zinn's hint are Pokemon and Fire Emblem. And maybe Zelda, but ive never heard of Zelda mafia.
Oh, I just said that to be funny. Sorry lol.

I'd love some thoughts on meta/game balance if anyone has them. The two games I think of first that fit Zinn's hint are Pokemon and Fire Emblem. And maybe Zelda, but ive never heard of Zelda mafia.

I'm not convinced how much we can go "Meta" with a subject like this. I think it's fair to assume that Fire Emblem : Three Houses is one of them. Or maybe Danganronpa, Zinn being a huge fan of this. The thing is, how that can help us? Each Mafia game is a thing by itself, like, what would be the associated ability to let's say, Pokémon? Is FE:3H would be Town, Indep or Mafia? Very hard to tell.

Oh, I just said that to be funny. Sorry lol.

Yes, don't be scared to participate. It's normal to get accused on things like that and it won't be the first time. Just don't panic, and try to contribute to the game. It's not a place neccesarily to have small talks ;)

Actually fluff. CWAC will comment on te game but not actually present anything. Fluff is completely irrelevant stuff to the game.
I'd love some thoughts on meta/game balance if anyone has them. The two games I think of first that fit Zinn's hint are Pokemon and Fire Emblem. And maybe Zelda, but ive never heard of Zelda mafia.
I have a feeling it’s random what alignment games are. She probably created roles and then went off of that. It’s not worth speculating over.

Oh. To answer @jamiebearcub ’s question, I have no idea what to think. Really. I don’t know what I should and shouldn’t say here. I feel like this all is too overcomplicated for me. Am I supposed to be RPing or what

Hey @PokeTrainerSpyro , just check your personal messages to check what is your role and your faction. I would like to give you more advice, but it's a bit complicated since I'm in the same game of you. Maybe start by this trend : Notice - Playing & Hosting Guides . It will explain you how to play the game. Then, if you have questions, you should ask @ZinnLav .

Also, it's not RPing, but a deductive game. Each Day, people will vote to eliminate (or not) someone. Everybody can vote. Town will try to find Mafia, Mafia will try to blend in Town. Each Night, Mafia can kill one person. Also, some characters also have a power that they can activate (Night power), like investigating someone, or whatever else. Those information should be in you first post. Also, those actions are done secretely in private message with Zinn and Darth, or the usual special Mafia private chat.

Day 1 is usually a mess, but with time, you are able to deduce things.

Apparently this game is mostly newer players. So some advice and stuff for toys guys, and feel free o ask any other questions if you have.

so for the newer players we are in the night phase. Zinn allows night talking so we can talk in thread. Most usually have a role so you want to send in for it.

If you’re a role like cop or tracker, you want to use it on someone you think could be mafia, or could be a threat as mafia.

If you’re a watcher or doctor, you want to target someone you think the mafia will try to kill.

For those that are mafia. Yours is most complicated. For your kill you want to go for someone that town can’t use to gain info, but also someone who can seriously hurt you. At the same time going for town leaders are risky because they are most likely toe have docs or watchers on them.

As for mafia roles: rolecop you want to use on someone you find a possible threat, but want to confirm how early you need to kill them.

If you have a strongman, don’t use it n1. Save itfor when you have more info and need to make sure 100% that someone does.

For roleblocker, usingit is risky and useful. It’s good to hinder town, but n1 with no info means you are a bit more at risk of getting caught, and revealing you have one. Most tend to use it like every phase though.

To add on Mido's helpful post, remember that you can only use your action during the night (unless otherwise specified). Once the night ends you can no longer use it until the next night starts, to use it once again.
If you have any question regarding your role or need general guidance on how the role works, don't hesitate to ask me or @ZinnLav in your role pm (the private conversation that gave you info on your role). We cannot play the game for you but we can definitely send you on your way.

Kender basically wanted to die

I think you got wrong idea about me. I'm an independant, my win condition is to get the more votes I can get without dying in the whole game. So, I'm in a position where I need to have vote on me every days, but not enough votes to be the one lynched. The only power I have to help me go through this, is that my personal vote count for 2 votes. So when I'm voting I'm someone, it's like 2 people voting for that person. Obviously, I can't vote for myself. When I asked to vote for me, it's because I knew, well, as much as it's possible, that I wouldn't be lynched, since the vote for No lynch was in fact 4 people, counting my double-vote. So now, I have 3 votes from first day, and I still need 5 votes to be able to win. I think the end result of day 1 show that my vote count for 2.

I have to do that because being an independant is kinda special. In theory, I don't have to help town win or Mafia to kill people. It will become more and more difficult for me to get votes as days pass by, because there will be more elements and information and play and Town (and Mafia) will need to keep their votes for their own win condition.

It's not dead wishes in any form, believe me. Also, like I proposed for Day 2, if people are in, we could trade my votes. Like when you are sure you want to vote for someone, I can vote them for you, and you vote for me instead. And, if you don't know for who to vote, well, you could always help me with my win condition by voting me instead. (if I'm not the one being lynched this day) You must concentrate on your own win condition first though, depending if you are town, mafia or independant. Helping the independant should be (Sadly) a secondary objective, if you feel like it. :censored: But please feel like it hehe.

1600776726039.png

Back
Top Bottom