• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Zoroark or Spiritomb?

noobieman

Reaction score
Discuss! I've considered putting either/or in my team because i have 1 slot for it. I ended up debating which one is better; spiritomb seems to be weaker but has better possibilities to go with for me, but zoroark has stronger stats and is more of a heavy hittter. One of those things of quantity vs. Quality, which would be spiritomb vs zoroark. Which would YOU guys think is better? Personally, in the end i'd go for zoroark.

Both are equally rare, but no argument here. Go with Zoroark.

Last edited:
Both are equally rare, but argument here. Go with Zoroark.

what makes you say that? Personally, i would love to come up with a move set with spiritomb that focuses around his defense stats/hp and then have moves that can stall the other pokemon and at the same time lets him use spite :p. Im sure that it wouldnt be competitive or work, but it'd be cool to try and would be number 1 on rage-quitter cause, since he has no weaknesses.

Spiritomb makes a fair tank, without any weaknesses, and has a tidier appearance.

Zoroark's insane. It's ability, Illusion, is fantastic. Not to mention, he can take a hit and hit back twice as hard. Speed's pretty good, too. Go with Zoroark, because Mind Games > Weaknesslessness.

I'd say Zoroark. Cooler design and origin. Spiritomb is fine, although its typing is a tad overhyped.

Spiritomb's kinda famous for the Sucker Punch-Pursuit mindgame, but Zoroark's Illusion mindgame is so much more frustrating for the foe, especially if the one using Zoroark knows how to use it (such as tricking the foe into a switch for a free Nasty Plot).

Spiritomb. Spiritomb. Spiritomb. Spiritomb. Spiritomb. Spiritomb.
Nothing more to say. I love him. Zoroark is a pile of thrash.

Zoroark for me. Although.. I've never had either one of them before, so this is speaking purely from experiences fighting against them.

The only thing I see going for Spiritomb really is it's weaknesses. It has none. Also, it's pretty bulky. If you want to take hits, and also deal some back; Spiritomb's a good player for your team.

Zoroark, on the other hand, is the exact opposite. Fast, and mixed in terms of both Physical and Special. Along with it's ability, Illusion, you can seriously confuse your opponent; I know I was taken aback when I got Sucker Punch'd by a.. was it a Gallade? My Reuniclus had used Psychic on it.. to no effect. I wasted one turn on that, kudos to my opponent.

That's the main reason why I prefer Zoroark, though. You can play with your opponent's mind and I just love the feeling when your opponent falls into your trap only for your Zoroark to appear and sweep. Now I just need a Zorua/Zoroark..

tl;dr Spiritomb - Bulky, Zoroark - Fast & Mixed Attacker

I would go with Zoroark. It is cooler, stronger, and more useful because of the Illusion mindgame. Only 1 downside: One hit from an attack move gets rid of the Illusion. I wish it only wore off when he faints.

Zoroark is way beyond overrated to me. Illusion is a useless ability, aside from being a cool idea. But practicality and battleusage is nil.

Spiritomb has major tank ability, and a pretty good movepool to use. It can go physical or special well, and just simply looks cool.

Zoroark= Crappy Gen V attempt at making a new Lucario.

I have both but I think that spiritomb's better. He has no weakness and zoroark gets killed really easily, due to my expierince.

So, yea

Zoroark looks cooler and has a cool Ability, not to mention higher Speed and attacking stats. I still like Spiritomb, though.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom