• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Zorua, Zoroark, Legendary, Mythical and Mirage Pokémon

Opinion?

• Zorua and Zoroark are Legendary/Mirage Pokémo

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Zorua and Zoroark are normal Pokémon.

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • A recategorisation of Legendary Pokémon is needed.

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • A recategorisation of Legendary Pokémon is not needed.

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
Stemming from an interesting discussion I had with another administrator of the forum I help run. Do you think Zorua and Zoroark are legendary Pokémon?

Arguments For:
- Only available by transferring over two Fateful Encounter Pokémon - Celebi (Zorua) and a Crown Beast (Zoroark). The only other Pokémon that was available through this method, and not clearly legendary was the Spiky-Eared Pichu in HeartGold/SoulSilver; although it was a special Pichu that couldn't evolve.
- Although Zorua evolves into Zoroark; Generation IV introduced legendaries that could breed (Manaphy and Phione), so GameFreak could be doing the opposite.
- There are arguments that the "Mirage Pokémon" tag mentioned below was only used in relation to Sinnoh Myths.
- Although the HGSS guide mentions Phione is not a legendary, Pokémon.com did state it was a legendary, and Phione was banned from VGC09 and VGC10 - the latter only banning Mirage Pokémon.

Arguments Against:
- Zorua evolves into Zoroark. No other legendary evolves.
- If Zorua and Zoroark are Event Legendaries, than GameFreak would have had revealed three prior to the start of the generation, which would be crazy.
- In Japan, Legendary Pokémon are split into three categories: "Maboroshi no Pokémon" (Illusionary Pokémon, such as Mew, Celebi etc), "Densetsu no Pokémon" (Legendary Pokémon, such as Groudon and Kyogre) and Shinwa no Pokémon (Mythical Pokémon, Pokémon who helped create Sinnoh). While previously, the three were combined in the West to become "Legendary Pokémon" Generation IV did begin to use the term "Mirage Pokémon" to possibly refer to Illusionary Pokémon.
- The HeartGold and SoulSilver Kanto Guidebook apparently claims that Phione is not a legendary Pokémon due to its ability to reproduce.

So, do you consider Zoroark a Legendary? Do you agree with the Mirage Pokémon tag?
Do you also think a reclassification is in order? For example:
Legendary Pokémon: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia.
Mythical Pokémon: Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom.
Mirage Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Zorua, Zoroark, Victini.

Stemming from an interesting discussion I had with another administrator of the forum I help run. Do you think Zorua and Zoroark are legendary Pokémon?

Arguments For:
- Only available by transferring over two Fateful Encounter Pokémon - Celebi (Zorua) and a Crown Beast (Zoroark). The only other Pokémon that was available through this method, and not clearly legendary was the Spiky-Eared Pichu in HeartGold/SoulSilver; although it was a special Pichu that couldn't evolve.
- Although Zorua evolves into Zoroark; Generation IV introduced legendaries that could breed (Manaphy and Phione), so GameFreak could be doing the opposite.
- There are arguments that the "Mirage Pokémon" tag mentioned below was only used in relation to Sinnoh Myths.
- Although the HGSS guide mentions Phione is not a legendary, Pokémon.com did state it was a legendary, and Phione was banned from VGC09 and VGC10 - the latter only banning Mirage Pokémon.

Arguments Against:
- Zorua evolves into Zoroark. No other legendary evolves.
- If Zorua and Zoroark are Event Legendaries, than GameFreak would have had revealed three prior to the start of the generation, which would be crazy.
- In Japan, Legendary Pokémon are split into three categories: "Maboroshi no Pokémon" (Illusionary Pokémon, such as Mew, Celebi etc), "Densetsu no Pokémon" (Legendary Pokémon, such as Groudon and Kyogre) and Shinwa no Pokémon (Mythical Pokémon, Pokémon who helped create Sinnoh). While previously, the three were combined in the West to become "Legendary Pokémon" Generation IV did begin to use the term "Mirage Pokémon" to possibly refer to Illusionary Pokémon.
- The HeartGold and SoulSilver Kanto Guidebook apparently claims that Phione is not a legendary Pokémon due to its ability to reproduce.

So, do you consider Zoroark a Legendary? Do you agree with the Mirage Pokémon tag?
Do you also think a reclassification is in order? For example:
Legendary Pokémon: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia.
Mythical Pokémon: Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom.
Mirage Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Zorua, Zoroark, Victini.

No, I don't.
This thread is basically pointless. There is no true definition to the word, legendary.
Like I said in another thread, everyone has their own definition. I don't believe Rotom, Zorua, and Zoroark are legendaries.
Hope you understand that.

Zorua and Zoroark are obviously not legendary Pokemon. Their powers aren't that mind blowing and their powers are probably nowhere to that of the extent of legendaries. Game Freak just decided to be stupid and make the two Pokemon event exclusive.

And IMO, no recategorization of legendary Pokemon is needed.

They have average stats - they just happen to be event Pokemon. Notchy and PCP aren't legendaries, but you can only get them through events.

(And before someone rages at me, you could see Zoroark's stats in some of the screenshots. They were not very good. Lucario has better stats.)

So you'd categorise Zorua and Zoroark under Mirage Pokémon then?

So you'd categorise Zorua and Zoroark under Mirage Pokémon then?

No, not exactly. I'd categorize them as regular Pokemon. Just really rare. Possibly to the point of being rumored mirage Pokemon.

Normal Pokemon. Like Spiritomb and Rotom, they are normal, just really rare.

Nope. There is no sign they are legends and I don't think they will be. If anything, I expect a gym leader or Elite member to have a Zoroark.

I'd catagorize them as rare pokemon. Like Riolu and Lucario. Just rare.

Zorua and Zoroark are normal Pokemon who were given special roles in the 13 movie, just like Lucario did in the 8th movie.

Of the people that said Zorua/Zoroark was a normal pokemon how many have one and are using this as an excuse to use it? btw I am.

Maybe not Legendary in the sense of being super powerful Pokemon, but they have a neat story and ability all right. o.o That could be said about a lot of non-legendary Pokemon too, though.

And not all Legendary Pokemon are super powerful. The bird/dog/lake/Regi trio come to mind for me. And Legendary Pokemon that aren't banned from Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway aren't that powerful either.

I'd catagorize them as rare pokemon. Like Riolu and Lucario. Just rare.

That's exactly what I think!

I have a feeling that one of these days Zorua/Zoroark are going to be at the same level of awesomeness/cuteness as Riolu/Lucario.

Legandary, because they are just awesome.

No, actually because they're event-only (Unlike Lucario =/)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom