• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Zorua's Lement, A Pokemon Short Story

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Forgot to add this:
⦁ Mild Violence - Cartoon and fantasy violence are fine in any amount. Gore should not be present, and any deaths should not be violent in nature
⦁ Abuse - Implicit and/or infrequent references to psychological, physical, and/or sexual abuse.
------------------------------
This is based on a writing prompt that @LightningTopaz put in the Weekly Prompt Thread (paraphrased): Write a story about two Pokemon having a conversation (can be about anything). This is my take on how N's Zorua ended up under Rood's care in Black 2 & White 2. I think I did an ok job with this.

A Zorua is running for a cave to escape the rain. "(Why did it have to rain? I was just about to relax)," he mutters as he stares out at the rain. He shakes his body to dry himself off.
After some time, he starts to doze off. Just when his eyes close, a terrifying roar is heard from behind, startling Zorua. He turns and screams. Behind him is a Haxorus.
"(TRESSPASSER! BEGONE NOW)!" The Axe Jaw Pokémon roars.
"(P-please, Haxorus. Please at least let me stay until the rain stops)!" Zorua cries in fear.
"(BEGONE OR FACE MY DRAGON CLAW)!" Haxorus roars as he charges.
Zorua jumps and runs as fast as his legs can carry him. He keeps going, hearing the angry Dragon Type Pokémon stomping behind him. Suddenly, Zorua trips and slides down a hill into the river at the bottom. As he is whisked away, He can hear the Haxorus roaring. Before passing out, he can see a Herdier jumping into the river.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zorua opens its eyes with a groan. Looking around, he sees that it is in a bedroom, on a cushion.
"(W-where)?" He asks. He tries to stand, but let's out a whimper as he feels pain in his leg, forcing him to lie back down.
"(Ow)," He groans as he looks at his paw, which is all bandaged up, "(What…?)" He asks.
Then, he remembers what happened. "(At least I'm now safe from that Haxorus)," he mutters.
"(Wow. A Haxorus? You're quite lucky to have escaped such a scary Pokémon, partner)," A Herdier said as he approaches Zorua, "(Howdy. I'm Herdier)," The Loyal Dog Pokémon said.
"(I-I'm Zorua. I was resting in a cave on Route 6 when that scary Pokémon chased me out. The last thing I remember was tripping and falling into the river)," Zorua said.

Herdier's ears twitch as if he hears something. "(Are you hungry, kid)?" he asks.
Zorua's stomach grows as if in response. "(I haven't eaten anything in a while now, at this point)," he replies.
Herdier looks to the door as a man in a familiar blue uniform enters with a bowl of Oran Berries. "Well, you are now awake, little one. I figured that once you woke up, you would be hungry," he said as he walks over and places the bowl next to the cushion.
Zorua slowly gets up and sniffs the food. After a moment, he takes a bite of the berry and starts to feel better as his energy starts to come back. He takes a few more bites and lies back down with a yawn.
The man smiles. "You don't need to rush, little one. I'm sure we will find a trainer who wouldn't just abandon you like…" he stops as if to think about what to say before looking at Zorua, "The person who left you behind," he said. After a moment, he stands up and leaves the room.

"(That was…)" Zorua said as he looks at Herdier.
"(A member of the Reformed Team Plasma)," Herdier said.
"(Team…Plasma. Is he here? N)?" Zorua asks.
"(No. He is not. Do you know him)? Herdier asks.
Zorua nods. "(Yes, but…one day, he just…abandoned me. Said I would be happier. I so happy to be with him…Just, why)?" he said as tears form in his eyes.

Herdier sighs and walks over to Zorua and puts a paw on his head. "(You'll find that there are many Pokémon that in the same boat as you, kid. Many have been abandoned for many reasons, not just what happened 2 and half years ago when they disbanded. Rood, the leader of the house here, has been helping to fix their mistakes),"
"(Were you abandoned as well)?"
"(Yes. Because my trainer and friend found a Lillipup that was a different color to me. Like really, partner? You are ditching me for the same Pokémon, but lighter brown)?" Herdier said after a moment.
"(Sorry to hear that)," Zorua said.
Herdier shook his head. (That was a year ago now. I have since moved on. I'm serious. You will like it here, since many Pokémon are like you and me. Pokémon that have been abandoned)," he said.
"(Thanks)," Zorua said with a small smile. He then lets out a yawn and goes to sleep, happy to be safe and sound.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom