• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

New profile posts

I've been having problems with my forum watches ever since the big update. Despite me unwatching and rewatching my watched forums, I've not been getting alerts of new threads created in them like I'm supposed to.
I've got a bone to pick with you! Do you have a Switch yet? Cause if you do we should totally swap friend codes.
Reactions: FinalArcadia
Ebail
Ebail
I sent it but nah I don't own Smash. I never got into it honesty. I was thinking about picking it up but with the minimal free time I have and other games I actually want it became a nah.
FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
Thanks, next time I'm on there I'll go accept it! Gotcha about Smash; I think this is maybe the 2nd best one in the series so far (which is nice since I felt the one right before Smash Ultimate was the absolute worst one), but I totally get where it isn't for everyone. Especially if you've got a backlog of other games to get/play, I know that pain haha.
Reactions: Ebail
Ebail
Ebail
For sure. Especially with how many games alone I'm getting for my Switch this year. Plus I still have to play my Fire Emblem Warriors game too
I haven’t had the chance to properly say this until now, but it’s nice to see another Tear Ring Saga fan on here (I believe at least since you knew who my previous avatar was in the avatar thread lol ). If it’s not a bother to ask, what is it that you like about the series?
Reactions: Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
I like the fact that it's pretty much a spiritual sequel/successor to the Fire Emblem games, kinda sad that it later didn't become the next direct FE game though as it was intended, but it still having a connection to it in a way is still nice. I like TearRing Saga though mainly cause it is FE on PlayStation, so it having the very similar gameplay to FE is a major plus for me (and it being the creation of Kaga himself is great).

Another thing I'm sad about is the cancelled TearRing Saga 2 game, it would have been cool to have followed Sennet's route since he is my favorite character (though iirc Richard was also considered for this too I believe). But at least they made Berwick Saga to make up for it, even if it takes place 1000 years later lol. Another game was also cancelled for the series as well, I think this was gonna be based on a character from Utna Heroes. It kinda disappoints me that TearRing didn't get as much popularity though, we could've had more games besides the two we have.

Though I am hoping to get Vestaria Saga when it does get it's English translation release (surprisingly!) this year, so maybe if this game does well we can get more and it won't die out like TearRing Saga.
Reactions: Ana
Ana
Ana
Yeah, it's such a shame that TearRing Saga 2 got cancelled and that we only got two games out of it as I think it's a very neat series after all. I'm in the same boat; I like how they have a connection to Fire Emblem and that Kaga is responsible for their creation. The gameplay is enjoyable and the OST is also solid. Overall, pretty much Playstation Fire Emblem as you say, heh. And not to mention that the character designs are done by the Fire Emblem artist (the name escapes me at the moment) who did Thracia's. Here's hoping Vestaria Saga doesn't suffer the same fate and ends up doing well!
Hey you, yeah you! Should you opt to come on here again take this! Happy birthday! Hope it'll be good to you and that you've been doing well in general!
Ha well now that I see you on here while I'm back around I can finally say it. Thanks for the Christmas and birthday wishes last year while I pretty much fully inactive. It was/is still much appreciated.
Reactions: Trainer Gabriel
Ebail
Ebail
I guess I've been alright, for the most part. Just tired. How about you?
Trainer Gabriel
Trainer Gabriel
Not too much to say here, either. I guess I've been all right, if sometimes fatigued, and also hoping to work a different job part-time because my current, full-time job isn't always fun eight hours a day.
Ebail
Ebail
I hear you there. I technically work a part time job but it's over 40 hours a week itself (except every 4th week its gotta drop to 29) and it's certainly not fun most of the time.
Heya, Mew. I was just wondering if you'd heard about Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist Link Evolution and/or if you were going to consider getting it?
Reactions: Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
Yeah, it would be kind of weird to get that late into Arc V's storyline without Zarc. I just hope that we can get good artwork of all the characters and it won't just be reused when we get an Arc V world in Duel Links. I'd still be happy with an Arc V Duel Links update even if they do use the same artwork from this game, but I would hope for more new artwork and voice recordings would come with it. Some of the DM video games were also pretty weird. Some of them didn't even bother following the rules of the games and emphasizes the attribute of the cards, like how water cards could instantly destroy fire cards. It was confusing. I'm not surprised that the Tag Force Special had so little of Arc V. It was announced relatively early into Arc V's run, so they would have limited options available for the characters and their decks.

I remember just how badly Zexal Duel Carnival was butchered in the U.S. version. On one hand, I kind of don't blame them for cutting out some of the characters. They included a lot of the one shot characters from Zexal and I don't know how many people would be interested in playing as the girl who could talk to dogs or the random soccer player kid, especially when Zexal was never that popular in the west at least to begin with. But on the other hand, they really should have included at least all of the main and prominent supporting characters. It was strange that they didn't include all of Tron's family and especially the Barians. That basically doomed the video game to poor sales, which was a shame since I liked playing through some of the different characters' storylines. I just hope that being on the Switch will lead to pretty good graphics. I never thought we'd get a Yu-Gi-Oh! video game on a Nintendo system again, so I'm hoping that it will look good and especially that it will be fun to play through.
Ebail
Ebail
So I see they announced today that it's set for Western release sometime this summer. Still kind of a vague release time but it does at least confirm its coming at some point in the next few months.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised to see it reused in Duel Links since all character models of series there now seem like they were the standard models used in the previous games. Even still come Duel Links for Arc V they're bound to have a lot of lines. To me it seems that with each new series added characters have a lot of card lines. I mean Jack and Yusei seem to have 3 times as many lines as Yugi or Kaiba. Yeah those original games were odd. It was a nice way to be able to beat some harder characters but at the same time I dont want my Blue-Eyes that I just summoned destroyed so easily by a 500 attack point Shadow type. Definitely it's just a shame. If they would have held off Tag Force Special another few months it could have had more in depth for early Arc V at least.

Duel Carnival was just over killed with the US release. I'd had the Japanese version because I had a Japanese 3DS for some Dragon Ball games that never got released outside of there so I'd gotten this game too and while it did seem a bit lazy the Japanese version wasn't that bad. Hearing about the English version though geez. I dont blame them for cutting out some characters but to cut 2/3rd of them is a bit extreme. I had my hopes we would get a game on the Switch eventually but I do have to say those hopes were slim given the success of Duel Links and them more focused with making money with that.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
That's awesome news. I was worried we wouldn't hear about a western release for months. I'm not too surprised by a vague release date. They might be still figuring out when to release it, but summer sounds good. Hopefully it will be around June instead of August, but I'm still thrilled that they didn't take long to announce a western release at all. It's going to be pretty hilarious to me if this game comes out before the Vrains dub gets a U.S. premiere. I think Canada has already aired all of season one, but there hasn't been any official announcement for a U.S. premiere and even the premiere in Canada had absolutely no attention. That hopefully shouldn't affect the video game's release date since the dub has aired and the subbed version is legally available too, but it's just going to be funny to me if we get a video game featuring Vrains before an English dub even airs.

I've also seen the cover for the game. It looks pretty cool. I wish that all of the protagonists were standing together, if only so that there was a better picture of Yuya, but that would be a lot of characters to put in the center and of course they'd want Yami Yugi and Yusaku standing together. It is still a pretty awesome cover though.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens either with a eventual Arc V Duel Links world, but I'd just like to see some more new artwork too. At least recording some more lines would be nice and I still hope that they'll include the Japanese audio for this game. Just seeing and hearing the characters in new content would make me really happy in both games. I remember playing Reshef of Destruction and that type strength/weakness idea definitely made duels more difficult than they needed to be.

I don't remember hearing much about the Japanese version of Duel Carnival. I think fans liked the idea of playing through so many characters. Even if I liked Zexal more than I do, I don't know if I'd want to play as nearly every character in the series. Playing as one shot characters sounded boring. While the game was enjoyable, it was pretty repetitive to do the same thing with each character. They all had different stories and events played out differently, but since it was all about getting to the Duel Carnival tournament, it still felt a bit repetitive and dull after awhile. That might have been one other reason they cut out so many characters, but they really should have kept at least the more recognizable character. No one cared about playing as the one shot filler characters. After how poorly the Duel Carnival went, I didn't have much hope for a proper Yu-Gi-Oh! video game again. The focus on Duel Links didn't make it too likely either. The mobile game has been quite successful, so I wouldn't have blamed them for sticking with what works. But I'm glad that they're able to get a video game for the Switch. I playing through the storylines from various series sounds great and I want to play the Arc V story mode so badly. That is the biggest selling point for the game as far as I'm concerned. This is the closest I'll get to a proper Arc V video game and I'm going to take it.