• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

Trading wouldn't make sense on a standalone game, honestly, for this time, it's better having a random Vivillon pattern on every wild encounter since there's no different versions of the game.

I think what would be cool is if there were maybe some "common" variations of Vivillon and then maybe some RNG rarer kinds. If the Vivillon show in clusters, it would be cool to see a lot of the more common variations intermixed with the rarer variations. Another idea is that maybe it'll be a little bit like the Unown in PLA where there are rarer Vivillon patterns in specific spots that you need to find.

However they do it, I hope they incorporate all the variations of Vivillon in Z-A.

As for some quality of life changes that I hope are implemented in Z-A, I hope they allow you to go to other areas while you're in other areas instead of ALWAYS having to stop at the main hub (Jubilife Village, or Lumiose whatever) first!

I also hope they have a mini map on the main screen so you can see where you're going. It doesn't need to be anything super detailed. It would be cool if that option could be toggled on and off for players who don't like that as well. I personally would appreciate a mini map as I have to constantly pause to confirm what direction I'm going in and that drives me nuts. It would be a nice adjustment for our directionally challenged trainers.

Since this game will focus on Lumiose only, well, some sort of minimap would be greatly appreciated, a la Grand Theft Auto, which I find the most intuitive and less obstructive of all minimap approaches.

I have been reading through everything on here since the game was announced and am still only on page 22 haha, but wanted to give my two cents :)

As someone who was firmly in the Pokemon Z camp during 2014/15, and those who remember me on here all those years ago know how passionate I was for defending Zygarde and wanting it to have its own game haha; I am extremely excited for this game, just like I was with PLA, but my happiness has only recently dipped a tad with the franchise given the issues I have with SV and it's performance... So this is refreshing.

The fact it's taking place entirely within Lumiose had me really concerned for the few days following the announcement, but since then and after reading through other people's posts on here, I have come around to the idea, as it can be fleshed out with things/places/people/pokemon we can't even fathom yet until we see in-game footage, and that is something I'm definitely hyped for!!

MEGAS ARE BACK; I yelped in excitement at the end of the trailer when the mega logo appeared and so did the little jingle/sound for it, it is and will always be my favourite "gimmick", since megas, none of the others have had me over the moon about them. I want so many great Pokemon to get megas that never had the chance before, that was my favourite part of pre-release season during the XY/ORAS days, seeing megas being leaked through corocoro (ahhh what a time that was!!).

I just adore Kalos and always will, and I am so happy that we are going back, even if only to Lumiose for right now.

if there is a minimap, i hope they give me the option to have north always be up. maps that twist to wherever i'm facing are borderline useless to me; they do not give me any sort of feeling for where i am.

if there is a minimap, i hope they give me the option to have north always be up. maps that twist to wherever i'm facing are borderline useless to me; they do not give me any sort of feeling for where i am.
This is and always was an option in SV, though few people seem to be aware of it. That's possibly because it was explained on page two of the map instructions, and most people didn't even read page one.

The main thing i want from this game is to feel actually complete. While i enjoyed parts of XY, i always got this invasive feeling that the game felt incomplete, like it's missing content. And i don't just mean activities for the players to engage with, i'm talking about plot points like Malva being a Team Flare member but the game doesn't do anything with it (Team Flare in general felt like it was gutted during development). Of course there's the whole Zygarde thing, which i'd argue is the number one proof that Gamefreak decided to just to give up in a follow-up to XY just because the 20th anniversary was around the corner.

Eh- Alphas were neat because they could be any Pokemon. That doesn't work with Mega Evolution. Would just be more limiting.
I'm still betting on that being the schtick for the Noble Pokemon equivilant (And probably the rides too) especially if they don't end up adding too many regional variants.

This is and always was an option in SV, though few people seem to be aware of it. That's possibly because it was explained on page two of the map instructions, and most people didn't even read page one.
there is this option for the big map, but there definitely wasn't always the option for the minimap. If there is a way now, i can't find it.

Ehhh, they can easily do something. If an energy can make a bunch of pokemon go on a rampage, who's to say they cant make something that makes pokemon mega evolve without a trainer (and go berserk because of it)
I think that Super Mystery Dungeon did this, but I don’t know for sure as I never got to play it.

Back
Top Bottom