• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

I'm keeping on writing for the "Flowering Love" contest. The only spoiler I'll give is that both characters are from Legends Arceus. Right now I'm at +2200 words so far.

Wrote another Pokemon Team for Battle From the Heart. This time it's for Eilidh from Unova, who is Courtney's rival, albeit in a different sense than the others (aka: love rival). Like the meaning of her name she mostly uses Fire types (half her team, to be exact) while one of her remaining members can also use Fire moves (Hydreigon). The other two members of her team are designed to take opponents by surprise and show she's not a one-trick Ponyta like they would expect her to be.

Wrote the next rough draft chapter of Battle From the Heart ("Turtwigs and Stones May Break My Bones"). Like before I won't go over the details, as I'm somewhat unsure of this one. I was mostly winging it this time, as I wasn't sure how the "conflict" of the chapter should play out. I think I did a decent enough job at it, though the plot was similarly recycled from the previous chapter's (a wild Pokemon is being a bully, requiring Geo and the Poke-star of the chapter to defeat it and stop it), though not quite the same as the previous one. But I may tweak it a bit more, since the plot is pretty straightforward. But the next chapter will not only introduce the "main villains" of the series, but also the third main character of this particular arc.

Forgive the double post but I started a section for Recurring Characters Pokemon Teams in Battle From the Heart. It consists of Stu (Sinnoh), Ara (Hoenn), and Angus (Unova) thus far. These characters aren't "rivals" per se, more like characters that the cast will bump into from time to time, often resulting in a battle to test their strength. So they're more like friendly rivals at worst (though technically speaking, Ara has a crush on Geo and Angus has a crush on Courtney, so they're technically love rivals to the other, but Ara is too shy and popular with other men while Angus is too much of a showboater and Casanova Wannabe with other women that neither Geo or Courtney register or even notice their affections). That said, they are competitive with the main cast, and they can also work together if fighting a common enemy (usually Vivi/Victor/Weavile), showing they're on good terms with each other.

What story are you rewriting?
It's a fic involving a researcher and a group of rangers investigating some unusual activity and Pokemon behavior in Southern Kalos. I ended up not liking the way it started, and I wanted to change around the characters a lot so I had to rework the entire thing.

Besides publication, I did a bunch of work on various chapters based around expanding on a plot point so it isn't temporarily dropped. A bit of C31, a short new scene at the tail end of C25, and a transition scene for the aforementioned stuff in C30. C29 is already done! But I added a bit to it that I found sitting in a file and thinking of where to put it, I had no other place but there.

Something reminded me of an old book idea I had 3 years ago, so I pulled up the old planning document I had and reviewed it. I ended up writing down a few more ideas I had for it, but I thought it must just be better to write something for it to get my ideas going. I didn't have enough time to actually write anything, but I wrote down the idea I had for a one-shot based around this fic.

Forgot to mention this two days ago but I made a few more Recurring Trainer Teams for Battle From the Heart. Consisting of Freya (Sinnoh), Aryanna (Unova), and Cato (Sinnoh). The former two are more "love interests" for Geo (not that he notices or isn't already in an established relationship, depending on the situation) while the latter is basically the "Conway" of the series with similar traits: smart (to the point of being a bit smug), strategic, tends to perform Stealth Hi/Byes, and has an unrequited crush on Jodi, though unlike Conway he'll have a (somewhat) bigger role in the series. I also spend some time updating and changing some of the various Pokemon teams for the main cast, either shuffling around moves, changing and/or adding in extra Mons, and tweaking Abilities and/or Natures. I think I've got some good ideas down now so I don't feel the need to change them much more.

I started the one-shot I mentioned yesterday for this old book idea and wrote a little over a page for it this afternoon. The one-shot is just about a couple of travelers who just started traveling together by necessity needing to stop at a tavern/inn for the night to wait out a storm. It's a simple but fun idea.

I started the one-shot I mentioned yesterday for this old book idea and wrote a little over a page for it this afternoon. The one-shot is just about a couple of travelers who just started traveling together by necessity needing to stop at a tavern/inn for the night to wait out a storm. It's a simple but fun idea.
You don't need a grand scale adventure and villains to tell a story. Not every story needs that.

Back
Top Bottom