• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music "Will" - IVE - Pocket Monsters (2023) Opening 3

This OP is so fucking good and catchy, I can't stop listening to it.

I thought they couldn't top the second OP "Halo" but this is even better than that.

I love this one so so much.

I like it more than Halo, though nothing tops Heart Pounding Diary for me. But it's still super catchy. I don't normally listen to IVE, so this was a nice song to get introduced to them.

The song is okay, it has grown in me, though it sounds too pop-like for me and I thought the trend of shouting english words had died a decade ago but apparently not.

The animation is also okay. It's fun to see the protagonist trio travelling through Paldea, being excited to encounter the school staff and trying teracristalization. However, the pacing is terrible in the final 20 seconds, did we really need 10 seconds of Liko's eye?

The ending has also a meh and pandering song but the visuals...wow, they're beautiful, the colors and the kaleidoscope effect is amazing. After 5 years, we finally an ending that was not made by someone experimenting with stock art in Sony Vegas.

Opening 6.5/10 Ending 8/10

I actually like this one better than the previous 2. While it’s still not on the epic level that we’d get with some of the older series openings, I like the energy that it gives off and feels like the shot in the arm that this series needed.

The songs themselves don't really do much for me. Maybe I just need to listen to them again or something, but they didn't really stand out to me, especially compared to the second opening theme. The visuals are pretty great and I love the focus on Paldea. It kind of made me think that this is what Horizons should have been from the start. Not just being set in Paldea, but also just being primarily focused on Liko, Roy, Dot and Friede. Those are the characters who seem to get the most buzz among fans from what I can tell and a cast of four would be a more reasonable amount too.

I still haven't gotten around to watching the series myself, so maybe I'm judging the series too soon, but I don't know how essential the other adults in the cast are compared to Friede and Dot should have been introduced as part of the main trio in the marketing at least sooner than she was. Having the series set in Paldea would have also been more exciting for me than another world tour format, even if they seem to be handling it better than they did in Journeys.

The songs themselves don't really do much for me. Maybe I just need to listen to them again or something, but they didn't really stand out to me, especially compared to the second opening theme. The visuals are pretty great and I love the focus on Paldea. It kind of made me think that this is what Horizons should have been from the start. Not just being set in Paldea, but also just being primarily focused on Liko, Roy, Dot and Friede. Those are the characters who seem to get the most buzz among fans from what I can tell and a cast of four would be a more reasonable amount too.

I still haven't gotten around to watching the series myself, so maybe I'm judging the series too soon, but I don't know how essential the other adults in the cast are compared to Friede and Dot should have been introduced as part of the main trio in the marketing at least sooner than she was. Having the series set in Paldea would have also been more exciting for me than another world tour format, even if they seem to be handling it better than they did in Journeys.
Dot starting off as a supporting character who is reluctant to leave her room and only shows up infrequently near the beginning is important in her development, so she couldn't have been a main character from the beginning as she doesn't actually fully commit to being a trainer until the beginning of this arc, where she finally transitions into being a main character alongside Liko and Roy after being inspired by their dedication to their dreams over time.

Back
Top Bottom