• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG189: First Pokémon! Final Battle!!

For the simple reason that if and when he set foot in Shinou, the Elite Four would automatically become obscure figures as dictated by the games. In Kanto, the Gyms have been cleared and only the Elite Four are viable challengers (hence it was Agatha that appeared as opposed to a random Gym Leader).

Maybe the Elite 4 goes lecturing or vacationing in the Shinou region, like Lorelie did in the Orange Islands. They do move around too, and Agatha said her job at the Viridian City gym was only temporary.

Would you be so noble as to enlighten me what that reason might be?

Maybe Ash just wants to visit Gary and say hi ^^, or show off his new uber training skills to him?

Maybe the Elite 4 goes lecturing or vacationing in the Shinou region, like Lorelie did in the Orange Islands. They do move around too, and Agatha said her job at the Viridian City gym was only temporary.
They move around even in the games - Lorelei's presence in Four Island is indicative of that. Ash has finished traveling Kanto for the second time, only now he has reached the Hall of Fame - if the anime is supposed to follow the games at least obliquely, Ash's new target will be the Elite Four who have gathered at Sevii Islands. This will be analogous to FireRed and LeafGreen's storyline, where Red has to search the islands for many reasons, one of which concerns the Elite Four.

Why can't the Elite Four gather in Shinou? It is a question of how far the anime writers are willing to deviate from the games to accommodate their desire to have Ash as the one and only protagonist, all at the expense of new game characters. The new Diamond and Pearl series should focus on new Pokémon and characters, which leaves little room for Ash to strengthen his current roster by challenging the now-familiar Elite Four, all of those fall under the category of other games.

I do not have complete trust in the writers to make the right decision, but then again, the current advertisement of Diamond and Pearl supports my perspective. It is ridiculous and extremely narrow-minded not to pay my suggestion some thought.

Maybe Ash just wants to visit Gary and say hi ^^, or show off his new uber training skills to him?
Sorry, but I am not enlightened. Try again.

It is a question of how far the anime writers are willing to deviate from the games to accommodate their desire to have Ash as the one and only protagonist

As far as they want, they're the writers. IF they want Ash there, he'll be there, Game logic be damned.

AG72.jpg

AG73.jpg

No, flashback of Bulbasaur's past experiences....

Which include battling Arbok (that's Ash's Bulbasaur) in Hoenn, battling Meganium in Hoenn, protecting Pikachu from Exeggcutor, and battling Zangoose........

But Ash is wearing his Advanced Clothes and battling in an enclosed stadium!

And in flashback with Charizard vs Articuno Ash has its old clothes.

Man... it's just Team Iguchi.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom