• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anything interesting going on in the anime?

mrmikeperson

Reaction score
Pokemon is on its 10th season. After the first pokemon league (with Lance, Ash and Gary) were there any other sort of pokemon leagues? or something that contains nonstop interesting battles? I do not want to watch 9 seasons of meeting new pokemon and pointless adventures. So if anyone knows of interesting battles other than the original pokemon league and gym battles please tell me the episode number and name, or atleast tell me about it and ill find it.
(and is there a good place to watch/download pokemon online?)

Last edited:
Interesting Battles? Original League and Gyms? Lance?

Well, most of the Gyms of the later seasons have pretty good battles.

Ash battled in the Indigo league and came in the top 16.

Ash won the Orange league.

Ash battled in the Johto league and came in the Top 8.

Ash battled in the Hoenn league and came in the Top 8 again.

Ash beat all 7 Battle Frontier Brains and became champion of the Battle Frontier.

May came in the Top 8 in the Hoenn Grand Festival.

May came in the Top 4 in the Kanto Grand Festival.

^ Those are all the major tournaments in the show.

It's more the fact I have no clue what you mean, since Lance never appeared in any tournaments.

Well, we have Battle Tower... the major tournaments could take place once a year, and as every region seems to have its own... (and Orange Islands too, they are a part of Kanto!)

Pokemon is on its 10th season.

Technically not.

/me runs xD

(okay, in Japan it is)

The Orange Islands doesn't really have a tournament, though, it's more of the best trainers of the region having their own little challenge going. It's much like the Battle Frontier, really. Defeat all the leaders in whatever order to get permission to face the top leader. Beat him too, and get a trophy. The Orange Island final battle did attract some audience from the residents of the island it took place on, but it seemed like a very privately run show that's neither officially sanctioned, broadcast or really accnowledged anywhere.

anything interesting? its the pokemon anime whaddya think? nothing new or original is gonna happen. doubleduh!

What are you talking about? O.O

Of course many new and original things have happened in the Pokemon anime!! Well, at least in my opinion, anyway.

I don't get why so many people are negative about the Pokemon anime, or why they always say things like "it's too repetitive" and "nothing new or original ever happens".

That isn't true at all......

And actually, I find the storylines of most episodes (even the fillers), to be very interesting. I would even say that the storyline of the anime itself, the plot of every individual episode, and of course the mysteries surrounding the Pokemon anime, all of that is very unique indeed.

With that being said, personally, I have always found the storyline of the Pokemon anime in general to be different than any other anime and I like it because it's different. The anime itself, and the individual episodes, they have a very unique way of carrying across the show's messages (like friendship) and I think that's amazing.

But still, the "repetitive-ness" that people complain about all the time is actually good for the anime, because in a sense, you always know what's going to happen and that can be a good thing (unlike in some anime series, where the writers might keep you guessing all the time).

Last edited:
Don't mind RedEevee, he's just mindlessly bashes the anime:

RedEevee @ SPPf said:
I like the manga section, and dissing the anime. my cousin really likes dissing the anime. and my bf likes the same stuff as me.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom