• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Armarouge Appreciation Thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Armarouge, one of three new Pokemon revealed tonight, and one that I personally think warrants some appreciation.
1662559054695.png

A Fire/Psychic Type with a strong sense of honour, it believes in a fair fight and challenges opponents head-on no matter how strong they are. Its signature Armour Cannon lets it launch a fiery blast at its opponent, at the cost of its defensive stats.
1662559216488.png

Personally I love it. I wasn't really sure about its design at first, but it's very quickly grown on me since the trailer. I officially love this Mega Man lookin' knight.

I love it, which is kinda surprising since I'm usually meh on the humanoid-like designs. But both Arma and Ceruledge's designs are sick.

Although I think both look cool, I prefer Armorouge a little bit more. It has a colour pallete that I really like and I like how it's armor turns into a gun.

Not convinced it'll have a spot on my team but it still looks cool.

Now, to be serious. I like Armarouge (They messed up the name though, should have been Armarough).
Nah, "rouge" is definitely intentional, as it's French for red. To match up with Ceruledge coming from "cerulean", a shade of dark blue.

I really like its and Ceruledge's design. Ghost-types are my favourite so I might prefer Cerulegde a tiny bit more, but Armarouge still looks great. The only issue I have is that its Psychic typing doesn't seem to be reflected in its design too well. At first I thought it was a pure Fire-type, or maybe Fire/Steel. Other than that I love it :bulbaLove:

I really like its and Ceruledge's design. Ghost-types are my favourite so I might prefer Cerulegde a tiny bit more, but Armarouge still looks great. The only issue I have is that its Psychic typing doesn't seem to be reflected in its design too well. At first I thought it was a pure Fire-type, or maybe Fire/Steel. Other than that I love it :bulbaLove:
It trips me up too, I keep forgetting it's part Psychic-type, Fire/Steel feels more intuitive. But at the same time, a pokémon's appearance shouldn't be restricted by its typing, and it makes it stand out against other Psychic-types design-wise.
So, clearly, it should just be Fire/Steel/Psychic.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom