• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash/Satoshi's Strongest Fire type

Ash's strongests Fire type

• Total voters
DOESN'T ANYONE REMEMBER THIS?

Ash_Infernape_Blaze.png

Yes, It's my Avatar and Profile picture.

Anyway, I think in a few years Infernape could thrash Charizard but right now Charizard has experience.

Doesn't matter. Infernape's Blaze is so powerful, experience means nothing. It could wipe out just about anything using it. The only Pokemon who could beat it so far was Flint's Infernape, and that still wasn't by much. I'm not counting the battles it lost as a Chimchar/Monferno, mind you. Only as an Infernape at full power.

Look, you're not changing my mind. I'm sticking by my opinion that Infernape is far stronger than Charizard.

Doesn't matter. Infernape's Blaze is so powerful, experience means nothing. It could wipe out just about anything using it. The only Pokemon who could beat it so far was Flint's Infernape, and that still wasn't by much. I'm not counting the battles it lost as a Chimchar/Monferno, mind you. Only as an Infernape at full power.

Look, you're not changing my mind. I'm sticking by my opinion that Infernape is far stronger than Charizard.

The very reason why Flint's Infernape beat Ash's Infernape was experience.
Add to that the type advantage of Charizard and my money is still on Charizard.

Maybe if Infernape gets more experience this will change, but now Charizard has the edge in my opinion.

Yes, in that case, experience did matter. But in Charizard's, I don't think it will. End of story.

Charizard has access to Blaze too you know.

It's not as powerful as Infernape's.

I'm done with this debate. Anyone else who tries to argue with me further will be ignored.

I voted Charizard. Charizard has fought legendaries such as Articuno and won, also in the 2nd movie (not canon I know) his flamethrower was pretty much equal to Moltres another Legendary and Charizard has got much stronger since then by training in the Charific valley.

Infernape only displays any real kind of power when using it's Blaze ability, something which Charizard would have access too as well if it ever comes back in the anime.

Also if the 2 ever were to battle, due to all the fan hype and nostalgia over Charizard, he is likely to win, not forgetting that even by simple game mechanics he has a type advantage being part flying compared to Infernape's part fighting.

Does anyone else find it really confusing when Keldeo94 and Kelleo post directly after each other, especially with conflicting views?

Does anyone else find it really confusing when Keldeo94 and Kelleo post directly after each other, especially with conflicting views?

Yes, but let's stick to the topic of the thread xD

Yeah, sorry about that, got a little bit side tracked :D

Anyway, in the meantime I have composed a table of their victories to give us a few stats, giving percentages rather than numbers. When I say Type disadvantages I'm only talking about blatantly obvious ones or ones that have been pointed out, not like "Infernape's Mach Punch is Double Ineffective against Ninjask". Also I'm only including rival, league, and turning point (i.e. Cyndaquil in Hot Matches, not Chimchar vs Piplup in Tears for Fears) In my mind a win is defeating someone in a one on one, so say Cyndaquil being defeated by Piloswine is not a loss because he beat Dewong before. Btw Sig stands for Signature Pokemon and W stands for Wins

Pokemon Wins Sig W Adv. W Dis. W
Charizard 76% 83% 100% 66%
Infernape 81% 80% 85% 55%
Quilava 50% 100% 60% 50%
Torkoal 38% 0% 66% 0%

So the results aren't too surprising really, Torkoal sucks, Quilava is alright, but the top two results are quite surprising, Infernape has won a higher percentage of matches but most people think that Charizard is tougher. I still think that Charizard is the best despite the results because he has experience

Infernape needed Blaze to kick butt sometimes while Charizard has never used the ability and still kicks butt. Obvious choice for me really.

Back
Top Bottom