• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

August 2011 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

Thanks again bluesun!

Yeeeeep. I can see Ryouga winning the whole shebang, but giving back the contestants' Burst Hearts and giving all the money to Carta so he can help his village. Typical shounen hero stuff.

So...

Only Hariru, Carola, Rurimaru, Dokan, Karuta, Ryouga, Rabine, Fraud, and Shin are left.

Who do you bet makes it to the finals?

I'm willing on Ryouga, Carola, Hariru and Rabine...(mainly because clown boy seems to be important. He was the one who got Ryouga and company to the vending machine in the first place.)

The final match will be...Ryouga vs Hariru or Ryouga vs Rabine.

I honestly won't be surprised if it ended up as Ryouga vs. Haril.

This week...stuff happens! Karubiimunomono hasn't uploaded anything yet, so I'll just be posting these from another site I found.
image1eq.jpg

image2lw.jpg

image3qer.jpg

image4gd.jpg

image5qg.jpg

Looks like everyone is given a numbered medal, and only those who gather medals counting to ten or more get to pass. Assuming those who have their medals taken are out, no more than four people can win this round.
Naturally, Ryouga is #1, so he needs the most points to pass.

And of course, Hariru's got it easy.

Hariru - 9
Carola - 8
Rurimaru - 7
Rabine - 4
Fraud - 3
Karuta - 2
Ryouga - 1

By process of elimination, then we can assume Dokan and Shin have the 5 and 6 point medals.
385527285.jpg

385528996.jpg

More pics have popped up. Only 2? Usually Karubiimunomono uploads three pictures every week.

Last edited:
And of course, Hariru's got it easy.

Hariru - 9
Carola - 8
Rurimaru - 7
Rabine - 4
Fraud - 3
Karuta - 2
Ryouga - 1

By process of elimination, then we can assume Dokan and Shin have the 5 and 6 point medals.
385527285.jpg

385528996.jpg

More pics have popped up. Only 2? Usually Karubiimunomono uploads three pictures every week.
So Dokan took Carta's medal. I guess we know who Ryouga's next opponent is then.

Hey, if there was someone with a Burst that used a friggin' legendary Pokemon, I would put him on the lowest tier too. Yet the two GG warriors have it easy...something's seemingly afoot. hah

So if when Ryouga beats creepy Dokkan, then he would get 9 points total. So now I wonder whose ass he will kick next...this is getting good.

Hey, if there was someone with a Burst that used a friggin' legendary Pokemon, I would put him on the lowest tier too. Yet the two GG warriors have it easy...something's seemingly afoot. hah

So if when Ryouga beats creepy Dokkan, then he would get 9 points total. So now I wonder whose ass he will kick next...this is getting good.

Actually, the point of this is get 10 points. If Ryouga takes those medals (which he won't since the #2 one belongs to Karuta) then he won't be able to pass unless he gets another medal to make the number an even 10.

Like @bluesun said: the way this round is designed means that only four people can make it to the next round.

The problem with this? This tournament has five possible candidates (only the important people): Ryouga (duh), Karuta (important recurring character), Rabine (important recurring character), Carola (villain), and Hariru (villain).

The point of this Survival is to gather enough medals to get and even 10.

If Hariru and Carola want to make it to the next round, they must take Ryouga (1) and Karuta's (2) medals. If losing a medal doesn't mean automatic disqualification, then that means Karuta can still be in the game despite his medal being stolen by Dokan.

However, in order for Ryouga to pass, he must take the medals of two other unimportant characters to make 10, those being Rurimaru (7) and Fraud (3).

However, this leaves three medals left: Rabine's (4), Shin's (5), and Dokan's (6). Since the 1 medal must have been taken, the 5 medal is useless since no other remaining one will add up to ten.

Since only one of them can take the medals and pass, this means Rabine and Karuta may have to fight each other. (Isn't math fun?)

I'm worried for our little ninja. (This is basically what you meant, right bluesun?)

(Note: Those last few scenarios can be evenly distributed between Ryouga, Karuta, and Rabine).

Actually, the point of this is get 10 points. If Ryouga takes those medals (which he won't since the #2 one belongs to Karuta) then he won't be able to pass unless he gets another medal to make the number an even 10.

Like @bluesun said: the way this round is designed means that only four people can make it to the next round.

The problem with this? This tournament has five possible candidates (only the important people): Ryouga (duh), Karuta (important recurring character), Rabine (important recurring character), Carola (villain), and Hariru (villain).

The point of this Survival is to gather enough medals to get and even 10.

If Hariru and Carola want to make it to the next round, they must take Ryouga (1) and Karuta's (2) medals. If losing a medal doesn't mean automatic disqualification, then that means Karuta can still be in the game despite his medal being stolen by Dokan.

However, in order for Ryouga to pass, he must take the medals of two other unimportant characters to make 10, those being Rurimaru (7) and Fraud (3).

However, this leaves three medals left: Rabine's (4), Shin's (5), and Dokan's (6). Since the 1 medal must have been taken, the 5 medal is useless since no other remaining one will add up to ten.

Since only one of them can take the medals and pass, this means Rabine and Karuta may have to fight each other. (Isn't math fun?)

I'm worried for our little ninja. (This is basically what you meant, right bluesun?)

(Note: Those last few scenarios can be evenly distributed between Ryouga, Karuta, and Rabine).
Something like that.
Though actually, given how easily Carta was beaten by Ryouga, and then straight after, Dokan too... if he did have to fight Rabine I guess he could team up with Ryouga, but assuming stage 4 is a straight-out battle, he'd be put up against either Ryouga or a GG anyway. And he's already been beaten by Ryouga, and Ryouga by GG members, so I doubt he'd stand a chance either way... This stage could be the end of Carta in the tournament, with Ryouga pledging him the trillion yen he wins or something.

Ah alright. It's sorta confusing when we only get a few scans and someone else giving a short summary.

I would still put the legendary Burst on the lowest tier. :V

Additional info not covered by others in this thread:

- The numbers each person is assigned is based on how quickly they escaped the second round box escape survival. Since Hariru was the first one to get out, he got the highest score. Kyarora was the second one out, so she got the second highest score. Ryouga was the last one to escape, so he only got one point. As others have pointed out, this means Ryouga has to work extra hard if he wants to win.
- Participants are able to reach ten points by gathering any combination of medals. Two, three, four...it doesn't matter as long as they add up to ten. Participants are also able to go over and still win: someone who gets a 5 medal and a 7 medal will still win even though they got more than ten points.
- There's a scene featuring the losers of the second round discussing who they think will win the whole thing. While most people guess that either Hariru or Kyarora will win, the Buffaron guy is convinced that Fraud is so terrible that he'll win. They even show a rather large image of the guy and everything. Seems like some pretty obvious foreshadowing to me.
- The running joke of this chapter is that nobody wants to waste time or energy battling Ryouga since he's only worth one point. It's actually pretty funny seeing how disappointed Ryouga gets after each rejection.
- At the end of the chapter, Ryouga vows to take Dokan's number 6 medal and to take back Karuta's number 2 medal.

- The numbers each person is assigned is based on how quickly they escaped the second round box escape survival. Since Hariru was the first one to get out, he got the highest score. Kyarora was the second one out, so she got the second highest score. Ryouga was the last one to escape, so he only got one point.
Interesting, I'd guessed this was the case.
And poor Ryouga, getting ignored by everybody.

Then why call it "Add up to ten Survival" if they can go over it? Just bugs me...

Ok! Karuta, you're still in the game...

So, If Karuta and Rabine may make it, then Rurimaru, Shin, and Dokan are going down since Fraud may be Ryouga's opponent in the next round.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom