• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Can't Trade From Sapphire to Emerald???

Shinigurai

Reaction score
I wanted to trade some of my Sapphire pokemon to my copy of Emerald so I went out and bought myself a one of those old cheap GBAs. I put my copy of Sapphire in the old GBA and my copy of Emerald into my other GBA, connected the link cable and headed to the Trade Center. I went through the dialogue and saved my game and then nothing happened. I just sat there and waited as is said "Waiting for friend to connect" or whatever. I have no idea what the problem is. Any ideas? Please help. If this isn't going to work I only have 7 days to return the second GBA I bought just for this.

You didn't buy any of the games on ebay did you? Bought a Ruby on there and had problems with connecting it to the Gamecube games.

Nope, bought them both from GameStop - new, in the package, and everything.

Someone please help?

If I were you I would either try using a different cable or return the gameboy you bought for another (I assume the gba is used, so the link cable plugin might have got damaged.)

Also if you have a 4 player link cable make sure that it doesnt have a switch on it, cuz I have one that does, and it took me a week to figure out that one position on the switch only worked for 2 players and the other position only worked for 4 players, but i have never seen another cable like this so its prolly not yur prob.

I had the same problem a couple years back, I just bought another cable and I was good.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom