• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Charizard's #1 Battle

What was Charizard's best fight?

• vs. Magmar

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • vs. Zippo/Sparky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • vs. Poliwrath

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • vs. Dragonite

• vs. Alakazam/Marowak

• vs. Pidgeot

• vs. Dragonair

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • vs. Blastoise

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • vs. Blaziken

• vs. Dusclops

• vs. Articuno

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • vs. Entei

• One not listed

• Total voters

Paulisthebest

"Ursaring, standby for battle!"
Reaction score
Which match do you think was Ash’s Charizard #1 bout?

For me, the most memorable would have to be against Blaine’s Magmar because of the epic Seismic Toss where he tossed Magmar into a volcano! Come on now how epic can you get in order to top that?

*This year in college has been especially busy and I'm sure that it's only going to continue getting busier as time goes on. So, I won't be on here as much as I used to be so this is going to be my last thread for awhile.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!*

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, there's the Magmar battle with Volcanic Seismic Toss. It's been a while since I've seen Charizard in action. The only battles I've seen him in that I remember him winning are the one against the Poliwrath, when he finally obeyed Ash, and against Nolan's Articuno.

Yeah first battle against Magmar was the best, but battle against Dragonite is also very good.

Moved to the Live Caster because this is a Contest-style thread.

Does his long fight with Ash count, because I picked other due to my opinion that his psychological fight with Ash over time was greater than his battles, plot-wise.

For me, the most memorable would have to be against Blaine’s Magmar because of the epic Seismic Toss where he tossed Magmar into a volcano! Come on now how epic can you get in order to top that?

With Charizard's battle against Magmar to me the best parts were when Charizard and Magmar went in the lava and Magmar ended up being the one in a daze and when Charizard Seismic Tossed Magmar

Hmm, gonna have to be a tie with his battle against blaine's Magmar, Drake's Dragonite and Harrison's Blaziken. Sure he lost the last 2 but they were still pretty epic.

The ones I selected were Blaine's Magmar since that was one of his earliest crowning moments; the Poliwrath from Orange for being the turning point for his character; Clair's Dragonair for being another awesome; Gary's Blastoise, one of his toughest battles; and Articuno, the battle that made him a legend.

If I had to select one for being the ABSOLUTE best, it would probably be Gary's Blastoise, simply because it brings Char down to earth alongside showing how strong he really is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blastoise..because to me it's one of Ash's most meaningful victories. But the most badass was Magmar IMO.

Drake's Dragonite in the Orange League XDD It might've been just me, but I hate Dragonite so I just cheered Charizard.

Back
Top Bottom