• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

D/P Trio Game

mewharuka

Reaction score
If there is a third game, what do you think it will be called, and what do you think the third rare Pokemon will be? They've used almost all the good gem names,so what do you think they will use next?

I don't get how "all the good gem names" are almost running dry, as their are tons of those to name it after.

And I hear Opal would be good for Giratina.

I'd rather see a return of the colours or something new myself. We've had enough gems.
Colors+Plants might be next. That I wouldn't mind. Violet/Sunflower? ...Of course who wants those weird colors.

See a pattern?
The pattern I see is they made the Pearl 'pink' when they're universally recognized as 'opaque white', and the diamond 'blue' when they're also known universally as 'transparent white'. And all opals I've ever run across are a translucent pink+blue.

That's my reason why I think it'll be Opal.

I reckon it'd be Opal, because in the city area of my town, Japanese people run lots of jewelery shops, many of them with big signs saying 'DIAMOND + PEARL + OPALS'. So Japanese people have a knack for grouping those gems together =p

I'm thinking either Opal with Giratina, Ivory with Arceus, or Amethyst with Cresselia.

Plants next? Prepare for Pokémon Oak and Pokémon Elm.

...speaking of which. Any predictions for the next Professor? Willow, perhaps?

I don't get how "all the good gem names" are almost running dry, as their are tons of those to name it after.

And I hear Opal would be good for Giratina.

I'd rather see a return of the colours or something new myself. We've had enough gems.
^That's what i meant.Gems are pretty cool names, but I'd like to see something new.^^ Oh and, what is Giratina???

^^A pokemon..i think

How about Qaurtz or we could do some fruit-names like watermelon or squash j/k

Yes, Opal would be a good name for the third member of the D&P trio, and Giratina would be the best version mascot. Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina are all half Dragon. Dialga is Steel/Dragon, Palkia Water/Dragon, and Giratina Ghost/Dragon. See the pattern?

^That's what i meant.Gems are pretty cool names, but I'd like to see something new.^^ Oh and, what is Giratina???

Giratina is, as some say, the third part of the trio that has Dialgia and Palkia. It seems to be the keeper of death, as the other two are keepers of space and time.
Am I right?

Yes, Giratina is said to be the Gatekeeper to the afterlife or some such. Also, I read that "Giratina" is closely related to "Girasol" which is the Japanese "Fire Opal." The evidence is kinda piling up.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom