• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

December 2012 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
tumblr_mf9lp5jmum1r1alb2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mf9lp5jmum1r1alb2o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mf9lp5jmum1r1alb2o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mf9lp5jmum1r1alb2o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mf9lp5jmum1r1alb2o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mf9lp5jmum1r1alb2o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mf9lp5jmum1r1alb2o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_mf9lp5jmum1r1alb2o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_mf9lp5jmum1r1alb2o9_1280.jpg

tumblr_mf9lp5jmum1r1alb2o10_1280.jpg

tumblr_mf9lr4a9LY1r1alb2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mf9lr4a9LY1r1alb2o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mf9lr4a9LY1r1alb2o3_1280.jpg

Well...that was eventful...

Hmmm Shizui and a B2/W2 sage in the last scan. Looks like they're shoe-horning B2/W2 into PokeSpe. But...what is that last scan? Are they at the Pokemon League or something? It's the most random assortment of people. Is that Looker (with a terrible disguise) standing next to Black? Well, if they are at the Pokemon League, I would know why Iris is in that group of people. >_>

I'm pretty interested in the masked hooded guy standing next to Shizui, though.

Looker has no business participating in the league, but then I shouldn't be surprised considering that Professor Oak entered the Kanto League just for kicks.

Looker is probably there to uh...monitor the situation with Team Plasma. In other words, he'll be as useless as he normally is in the games.

A summary from Coronis.

Brief summary of what goes on in these 2 chapters.

Ichiban:
Drayden agrees to Black's challenge at the gate of the Pokemon League, but warns that he doesn't have much time because the performance part of the opening ceremony is about to finish, and he needs t get back to continue hosting the event. Brav has trouble keeping up with Druddigon's speed, even after using Tail Wind, and Drayden notices that Black isn't really connecting with his Pokemon. Black admits that he isn't really at his top shape, because when Musha left, he realized the harsh truth that what he thought was a close bond between him and a childhood Pokemon actually didn't exist. This affects his view on his other childhood Pokemon, Brav. Just when Brav is losing, the front door is flung open, allowing the blizzard outside to blow in, and Caitlin arrives to share with Black what the captured Gymleaders want to say to him (via Gothitelle). Apparently the Gymleaders are safe, but are locked up in some pitch black place and they have no idea where they are. The six Gymleaders voice out their individual encouragement to Black, and Black regains his trust in his Pokemon. He gets Brav to do an Air Slash, barely scratching Druddigon, but the attack swings the gate door open again, allowing in the Blizzard once more. Druddigon gets immobilized due to the cold, and Brav takes the chance to defeat its opponent. Drayden awards Black the Legend Badge, and announces on TV that they have the 32nd participant. And so, the Tournament begins, and the 32 participants are soon halved to 16, and then 8. The last scene shows the 8 final participants: Black, Cheren, Iris, Marlon, Looker, Zinzolin, a trainer that's a cross between a Younger and PokeManiac, and also a mysterious trainer in hood and mask.

Fan:
Outside the P2 Lab, the Striaton brothers continue their fight against the Shadow Triad. Although the Triad mocks the brothers for being weak, unnecessary for the Nacrene battle, and needing 3 people to secure 1 Gym, the brothers reveal that they were in fact individually qualified as an independent Gymleader, but decided to stay in one Gym because Lenora found their combination crucial to beginning trainers, teaching them the concept of types. They also reveal that they were intentionally absent from the Nacrene Gym, because they serve as a backup to chase after the Shadow Triad. Another reason for their absence was their need to locate certain items, which were the evolutionary stones. The brothers evolve their monkeys, and continue to fight the Triad. The Musketeers arrive, and Cobalion is apparently not impressed that humans are fighting against each other again. It tells Keldeo that there are no good and bad sides to humans, but they are all selfish. But Keldeo, after observing the battle, senses an ominous feeling about the Triad, which is the same vibe it gets from the P2 Lab. It decides to cut in, and attacks the Triad as well as their Pokemon. However, it gets ambushed by Lilligant's Grass Knot, and just as the Triad attempt to catch it, the three other Musketeers interrupt. The 3 Musketeers unleash their swords on everyone (yes including the Striaton brothers), and Cobalion mentions to Keldeo that there is another hidden sword, and it needs to learn to access it with its 'resolution'. The Triad, beaten, swear that they will seek revenge when the Kami trio's Therian Forme investigation is complete, and the Striaton brothers decide to abdicate as Gymleaders.

====================

Indeed, this month's issues confirm that the Keldeo chapters happen between the last 2-3 pages of the current Ichiban issue. I wonder what that 'Dark Vader'-like trainer in the League is. Personally I can't think of any important character right now that needs a secret appearance. Wonder if it's someone from before (e.g. Maxie resurrected), somewhere from Unova, some original character or actually just a mysterious placeholder which the writers haven't even decided on who it is yet.

Btw, since the pictures posted by Lolipiece basically cover most of the important scenes already, I won't be rescanning them. Let me know if there are particular scenes that you want to see.

Coronis~

P.S. Eleven Pokemon left from the 5th Gen to get featured now:
Dewott, Gigalith, Krookodile, Zoroark, Reunicles, Sawsbuck, Jellicent (male), Klang, Chadelure, Haxorus, Mandibuzz
(just realized that Musharna has had an appearance already, but in the form of Black's explanation of Munna's nickname choice)

Daaaamn, the trio evolving their monkeys AND a Marlon appearance? Christmas has come early (for me at least)!

Weird that Looker and Zinzolin went into the league, but for what exactly? Wasn't Zinny here supposed to be researching on a legendary or something?

I like we have one character who is completely unidentifiable, another who is keeping his identity sealed when it's clear what his occupation is and Looker resorts to the disguise not even Ash Ketchum would fall for if he was Team Rocket.

Hmm.....Iris is likely at the league to win it and slide into the champion role of B2W2, I have no doubt about that.That masked trainer though, that's a mystery. Gonna be revealed either way by March or so, so I wonder if some surprises are in store for the franchise in general. Love how they're tying things up though when it comes to giving the B2W2 story a part in all this.

Hmm.....Iris is likely at the league to win it and slide into the champion role of B2W2, I have no doubt about that.That masked trainer though, that's a mystery. Gonna be revealed either way by March or so, so I wonder if some surprises are in store for the franchise in general. Love how they're tying things up though when it comes to giving the B2W2 story a part in all this.
May be the masked person is ''N'' !
After all , Iris become a Champion 2 year after the Team Plasma Incident.

May be the masked person is ''N'' !
After all , Iris become a Champion 2 year after the Team Plasma Incident.

Why would N be here?

The only reason he challenged the League in the games was to defeat Alder. And he already did that here.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom