• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP113: The Mischievous Phione!

Re: DP 113 "The Mischievous Phione!" Preview Thread

The episode title and description sure was deceiving. Phinoe wasn't really that mischievous, and the Rocket-Dan ending up taking a lot of screen time. (Not that I'm complaining) It's nice to have a cute episode like this every once in awhile. Even the boss fantasy was cute for once.

Did they call Phione a legendary Pokemon at the beginning? Or was its status just left up in the air?

I loved the part where Phione turned into water and went through all the pipes. That thing is a pretty cool pokemon.

I love it when Nyasu gets to dress up. He's just so cute. :)

I know Ice Beam's have been shown to break pretty easily in the past, but Kojiro barely hit the thing and it broke. That would explain why Phione lost its battle.

I'm glad the Phione/Mimirol scene didn't take up too much screen time. I think the whole thing took up just the right amount of time. Confrontation, battle, sweet goodbye, all in just a few minutes.

The only bad thing was that guy at the beginning didn't even try to hide the fact he played Oak. But all in all, a very enjoyable filler.

- This isn't Nyasu's *best* disguise...

Was it supposed to be an accurate disguise? I thought it was more of a "Wear this suit, and hand out flyers for the restaurant" kind of thing.

There's not really not much to see. Musashi gets frozen by Phione, Kojiro barely hits the thing, and it breaks. Nothing special about it at all, but I find it kinda amusing.

I loved the part where Phione turned into water and went through all the pipes.

That was so funny XD didn't expect that...
So Dawn in this episode announced she decided to use Bunny and Pachi for this Contest... and Pip was disappointed XD I think she cheered it up by saying it is like their teacher or something like that
It was nice how Dawn let her Pokémon choose what seals they'd like her to buy for them XD
Despite how it was evil to Pip, I really felt sorry for Phione... it liked Bunny and wanted to battle Pika on it and instead the bunny decide to battle and if Phione lose it have to return to the sea... I think Bunny could be a little nicer to it... oh and it was funny how Dawn translated what Bunny said to Phione (I think it was something like "Take care and we'll battle again some day")

I can't remember the last time I grinned so much watching a childrens cartoon. They really cranked the cute-o-meter to full blast.

DP113 "Mischief Phione!"

Impressions

Forgot to put this up! σ(^_^)

Here comes the useless offspring of Manafi! This episode ended up being in the Pokémon of the day category and to my surprise, it was treated like any other Pokémon. There were some fun moments here and there like Musashi's huge wish list being rejected, Nyarth's Sasaki Fantasy and Kojiro's karate chop on the frozen Musashi. They really cranked up the cuteness in the episode in terms of the plot and Phione's antics. The music in this episode was great although I couldn't identify some of the tracks used (I think some were movie 9 tracks but I haven't heard them in a while). The animation was alright although some of the character designs would appear off in some places. Overall I rate this episode a 7.9/10.

So does this make Dawn's Buneary the third Pokemon to take down a legendary? Or has it been revealed if it's just a regular Pokemon?

Thats an insanely good question. What did we decide? Lengendary or not? I'd say legendary, but hey...

Holy c.. this sure wasn't one of Kinoshita's better episode at all. :x

I'll dare say Phione's a rare pokémon, but not a legendary. Just to be cross and all that.
Speaking of Phione it sure was adorable and funny what with going through all the water pipes and pop up here and there to look for Buneary. Its face when it saw Buneary cover behind Pikachu was hilarious and TR becoming curious about Phione's crush thus postponing their antics for a while was funny.
It was also kinda funny how Dawn was all "Awwwwwwww, how cute!" about Phione's crush and Brock was all sympathising for Phione and Ash was just left confused and scared.

Still, the poor animation and art just ruined this episode. Really sad because the plot was nice and all. Kinda wish Kinoshita had last week's episode so Iwane could've had this one. :/

You know, I'm surprised that there's not a single post in this topic about how Jessie's wishlist to Phione includes "Gold and Silver"...

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom