• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP114: Pokémon Contest! Akebi Tournament!!

Re: DP 114 "Pokémon Contest! Akebi Tournament!!" Preview Thread

It is a shame that this show still can't get contests right all the time, but if the battle was enjoyable that's all that should matter in the end.

That was always my problem with the Ash "pity badges" in Kanto. Not only did Ash win the badges in a lame way, but the battle (or what little of it was) wasn't even that great especially in retrospect to the great battles in the later sagas.

I hope this rival appears again though, she was like a bitch, in a good way. :D

Yeah, I really loved Urara too. I really hope she shows up for the Grand Festival. She defiantly would make the Grand Festival more entertaining to watch with her in it.

Re: DP 114 "Pokémon Contest! Akebi Tournament!!" Preview Thread

I hope this doesn't turn into a pattern for the future. the screwy "May vs Brock" battle was in the contest where May won her 4th Kanto Ribbon, and now we have something similar with Hikari's 4th ribbon.

This is the first episode I watched in quite a while, and it was really good. It was nice to see Pachirisu finally make a name for itself in the battle portion, taking down a Gabite is no easy task, especially not for an electric type. I like the new rival, she adds a kind of comedy to the contest that Sinnoh has been sorely lacking in. I hope she comes back at the Grand Festival.

Having finally seen the episode, I liked it a lot. The new character of the day was pretty interesting, and the Appeals were good, even with yet another ice-type appeal.

The fight itself wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Hikari probably should have lost more points for her initial pounding, but after that she wasn't really hit at all, and was able to deflect the enemy's attacks. And the roll-out/super fang combo was awesome. I think most of the opponent's point deductions were legit. The only one I thought was weird was her very first deduction; I'm guessing that it was probably from Hikari's initial "spin dodge", but the amount deducted looked too big for that move.

Im not so big on ice appeals myself. We've seen too many. At the begining of DP, it seemed like Buneary would be a battler, but that changed a lot. Well, she's got Ambipom and Mamoswine now, so I get it, but still...

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom