• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP12 title

OMG if Hikari's rival has that Korinku I think that will make her my official most favorite anime char of D/P. Just a little more of a favorite than Hikari. XD And even if she doesn't, as long as the writers don't totally fail on her character I'll still love her.

I really like Jo-Jo's idea of Hikari's rival being the underdog to deflate Hikari's ego (rather than how it usually seems to always be the other one around), but it seems almost too un-cliche for the anime to manage. Nonetheless, here's hoping. *crosses fingers*

The rival girl looks a bit too tough in the opening, so I severely doubt she'll be the underdog.

Especially since Hikari is just a beginner. A way to not make it like Ash/Gary or May/Drew though is to have Hikari beat her rival BEFORE the end of their run.

Gary didn't get beaten until it was time to write him out, the same with Drew. It would be nice to see a rival get beaten before it's time for them to leave the show.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom