• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Dragon Ball

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
869c5ba091b69122cb8a27e2bfeea909.gif

Hello Dragon Ball fans!
i'm kinda surprised this hasn't been made yet, but i'm making it now! this thread is to discuss all things dragon ball - whether it be the original, Z, GT, or Super! feel free to discuss your favourite/least favourite characters, moments that stood out to you, things like that! the sky is the limit here, go wild! here are some topic ideas to respond to, but by no means feel like you have to be bound by them:

• which anime did you start with: DB, Z, GT, or Super?
  • what are you favourite/least favourite characters?
  • what's your favourite/least favourite arc from either DB, Z, GT, or Super?
  • whats your favourite transformation from the series?

Great thread! I have watched the original series. It was very joyful for my taste and inspirational for the book I was writing at the time (not professionally, though). I loved the innocent Goku traveling from place to place to discover the secrets of the world he lived in. Also the opening song hits hard! I love both the Japanese and English versions. My favorites characters are General Blue (for the reasons I don't want to disclose right here, right now), and Bulma. I cannot commit to long anime series so easily, but Dragon Ball was one of the exceptions for me. I cannot say the same for Dragon Ball Z, though. Once the space, aliens and different species stepped in, and they nerfed some characters horribly (i.e. Piccolo), it kind of lost its spirit for me, so after 70-ish episodes, I stopped watching for good.

• which anime did you start with: DB, Z, GT, or Super?
I started with Dragon Ball Z back in the early 2000s, my memory is fuzzy due to how young I was but I know I watched it on Toonami/Cartoon Network.

• what are you favourite/least favourite characters?

Favorite Characters
Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo
Hit
Frieza

Least Favorite Characters
Pan (GT)
Ribrianne
Chi-Chi
Fat Buu
Mr.Satan

• what's your favourite/least favourite arc from either DB, Z, GT, or Super?

Favorite Arc
My favorite part of the entire series was when Frieza faced the Z Fighters on Namek but counting an entire arc it's gotta be the Cell Arc where everyone got to shine and had some of the best training scenes, this also includes 2 of my favorite fights
  • Goku vs Cell
  • Piccolo vs Android 17

Least Favorite Arc
Black Star Dragon Ball Saga, this was such a chore to get through, it tried to be like the original Dragon Ball with the adventure aspect but just failed badly at it.

• whats your favourite transformation from the series?

It's between SSJ3 and SSJ4

Favorite Videogames
Budokai 2
Budokai 3
Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Favorite Movies
DBS Broly
Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan
Fusion Reborn
Battle of Gods
Wrath of the Dragon