• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Encore - V-day fic!

Jude

polyethylene
Reaction score
<cough>

First, warnings, this envolves lots of pretty girls in makeup and glammy glitter, milkshakes, teddy bears and a few other things. It's not really *pokemon* as such, but there are a few mentions of it and it's set in the pokemon world, so I thought I'd just throw it in this forum instead of the other.

Second, warnings again: this is shoujo-ai. Or, in other words, it has two cute girls kissing.

Nothing more than that, however; 'tis dedicated to my darlingest sister, Abbey, who goes by the name Timarelay here, and who also writes waaaaay better than me.

It's shorter than my usual stories... kinda.

Encore

She sat at the counter, sipping the milkshake through her painted black lips. Her makeup concealed every part of her face; the white mask that covered her cheeks, nose and forehead; the black, charcoal like substance that adorned her eyelids, and the other strange things that Lily couldn't decide what was called. The charcoal on her eyelids wasn't the only thing that drew Lily's eyes: it was also the brightly coloured glitter that sparkled in the down lights.

She, and Lily still hadn't found out her name, even though she came in there every day at around three, or maybe four, for her ice-cold strawberry milkshake. Lily could remember that she always came in, ever since the first day that Lily had started working in the little café. The café was called Libellule, and the owner had told her that it meant 'dragonfly' in French. She doubted the fact, because the owner had never learned French before.

The girl, still sipping her milkshake, looked up and motioned for Lily to come over.

"May I help you, Miss?" Lily asked softly.

She nodded. "Could I order a plate of your cookies?"

Lily nodded, still slightly shocked, because she never ordered anything other than a large, strawberry milkshake. Chilled, at that. She'd walk in the door and sit down at that spot in the counter, which nobody else sat because everybody took it for granted that it was 'her' seat, and she'd call Lily over and order the milkshake. Then Lily would run off and hand the order to the drinks manager, and exactly three minutes later she'd put it down on the table where the girl sat.

"That's all?" Lily asked, more out of habit than the situation.

"Yes, thanks…?" she seemed to trail off.

"Lily," Lily replied, "Lily du Vallon,"

"The Lily of the Valley, eh?" the girl asked with a smile, "I'm Violet," she said.

Lily nodded, "I'll go put your order in…" and she wandered off, still slightly shocked, and half an hour later her eyes wandered to the calendar strung up on the wall. The calendar that read February the third, and an idea entered her mind.

Violet walked into the Café Libellule the afternoon of February the fourteenth and sat down at her usual seat. A few minutes later, a male waiter walked over and quickly took her order for her usual strawberry milkshake. And then her eyes shot around the room, wondering what on earth had happened to the sweet, sixteen year old that had always served her before. Every afternoon, Lily had served her.

"Where's the usual waitress?" Violet asked, as the guy handed her the milkshake.

"She took today off," he replied.

"Oh," and Violet nodded. She supposed that some people should have a day off every now and than, and her eyes were drawn to the large red hearts that adorned the room. She smiled; because it was Valentines Day, and she'd already received eight bunches of roses from admirers, and she'd already thrown out two bunches because of the allergy factors. Not to mention the amount of chocolate hearts and strange other items she'd received…

Sighing, she took a final sip of her milkshake and placed the black lipstick stained glass back on the table. Reaching into her purse she pulled out a five dollar note and sat it next to the glass, waved to the waiter and walked out of the door. It was threatening to storm, and she decided that it would have been best to put the top up on her convertible so she didn't get wet.

She had learned her lesson from the last time it had rained while she was out driving, and it had taken a week for the seats to dry all the way through. She had taken to it with a hair dryer; pulling the black cover up on the equally black car she slid into the drivers seat and turned the radio on. Backing out of her once again usual spot, she avoided the girl on the bicycle with red hair, and headed towards her apartment.

Lily reached up and pushed the buzzer on the apartment door. She clutched tightly the little teddy bear, a Myu plush, that was clutching even tighter than she was a chocolate heard wrapped in red foil. Lily could hear the footsteps on the other side of the door, and vaguely thought of running but then the door opened a crack and there was a surprised hello from behind it.

It closed, and Violet pulled the chain out and opened the door again. "Lily!" she exclaimed.

"Hi," Lily said softly, and thrust the teddy into the other girl's hands, "I made this for you. Happy Valentines Day…"

Violet looked surprised, and smiled. "Thank you!" she said, and reached over and kissed the other girl lightly on the lips. "No ones every given me a teddy bear before… and it's so cute! It's always been flowers, and I'm allergic to them…" Lily blushed.

"Do you want to come in?" Violet asked, and Lily looked around nervously before nodding. The door was barely closed before Lily gathered up her courage and kissed her again. Violet smiled, and kissed back.

Last edited:
<bursts out laughing>

No, they're not sisters... these are original characters. ^^;;

But then... <humms> mebbe I should write a Lily/Violet/Daisy fic... <evil laughter>

du Vallon, not de Vallon. de Vallon would imply she's from a specific place (such as a city) named Vallon. The way you wrote is is "Lily of Vale", not "Lily of the Vale".

Other than that, pretty good :)

To Tater Tot, I shan't.

To Guillaume, 'tis changed. And I knew I could depend on you to fix it up, :)

Originally posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
For some reason, I keep thinking of Hazel and Coconut at 18 or so in this fic...

...?

Hazel and Coconut from Magical Pokemon Journey. It's a shojo manga...

Oh! I've never read that... :( And Violet is inspired by 70s glam rock.

BOWIE!!!

You should read it...it's even got a blatent one-sided yaoi crush...

Hilo! <grins insanely> <is watching Rocky Horror Picture Show> <cackles insanely>

Rocky is... hot.

*squeaks* Cute, Toge! Short, sweet, and cute.

However, I'm used to having more substance in your stories, and this one was sort of...bare, to say the least. *shrugs* Just my personal opinion: Good, but not your best.

Originally posted by RapidashRider
*squeaks* Cute, Toge! Short, sweet, and cute.

However, I'm used to having more substance in your stories, and this one was sort of...bare, to say the least. *shrugs* Just my personal opinion: Good, but not your best.

<nods> It was totally rushed... I had no idea on what I was trying to achieve while writing it... I just wanted it to look nice and fluffy. =/

It was fluffy... but that's about it, ^^;;

Please note: The thread is from 21 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom