• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fossil Pokemon in Nonstandard Pokeballs Concentraded Breeding Effort!

Simba

Reaction score
As you may know, in Gen VI, a female Pokemon will pass its Pokeball to its offspring when bred. As you may also know, in Gen V, you could get fossil Pokemon in the Pokemon Dream World, and when you sent them to your game, could catch them in any Pokeball.

So, if you catch a female fossil in a nonstandard Pokeball in Gen V, then upload it to Gen VI, you can breed it and have a limitless number of fossils in Pokeballs other than the regular ol' boring red-and-white kind ^_^

The thing is, the Pokemon Dream World closed down, so we can't get any more/new Pokemon from it. This topic is so we can combine our efforts to get all fossil Pokemon in every type of Pokeball. So if you have a female fossil Pokemon in an unusual Pokeball, either waiting on your Gen V game or already uploaded to Gen VI, post here and let me know. I'll update the topic post here, and we'll try to get every fossil in every Pokeball!

Fossil Pokemon Nonstandard Pokeball Checklist
Omanyte:
Kabuto:
Aerodactyl:
Lileep:
Anorith:
Cranidos:
Shieldon:
Tortouga:

(Hmm. Looks like Archen wasn't available in Dream World. Oh well.)

Note: Only the following Pokeballs are available to catch Dream World Pokemon in in Gen V games...
Great, Ultra, Premier, Repeat, Timer, Nest, Net, Dive, Luxury, Heal, Quick, Dusk, Dream.

I'm not sure if the Park Ball from Gen IV will make it to Gen V. If so, though, you could get absolutely any Pokemon from Gen III or lower in a Park Ball, including all the Gen I~III starters. But someone can make a separate topic for that.

Last edited:
Re: Gen VI Fossils/Eevees in Nonstandard Pokeballs Concentraded Breeding Effort!

Get something that can put to sleep or paralyze -> Poke Mart -> Route 10 -> Yellow Flowers -> 25 minutes -> you have Eevees in all those pokeballs, save Dream Ball!

I could also trade you a ton of Eevees (some female) in Quick Balls, if you so desire :D (That said, all of them that had decent stats have already been Wonder Traded away)

Re: Gen VI Fossils/Eevees in Nonstandard Pokeballs Concentraded Breeding Effort!

Whoa! I didn't know you could catch Eevees in Gen VI! (I still only have one badge, heh.) That's awesome ^_^

I'll change the topic accordingly -- we still need to get differently-balled fossils.

(Man I really, really, really hope they add a Heal Bell Move Tutor in Pokemon Z. I want a Heal Bell / Wish Eevee in a Dream Ball. Currently, that's impossible.)

Forget Kalos Route 10, Friend Safari's where it's at statswise. Only have 2 or 3 wild Pokemon at a time, much easier to find them. Plus, lead with a male Cute Charmer....

On a sidenote, I find it odd that males can pass down abilities (with Ditto) but not Pokeball. I seriously want a female HA Riolu in a Great Ball, but I guess I'll need a Safari to do it personally.

I have A Lot Of Dream World pokemon, and I know that I have a lileep in dream ball
So I think I could help a lot in the effort

We really could use a thread for custom-Pokeball breeding somewhere. Post what females you have, what Ball they're in, and whether or not they have hidden abilities. I collected quite a few females in G5, haven't caught all of them yet.

I have Curtis' Cranidos with me in Gen6. While I can't get breed it in the Dream Ball, I can catch Dittos in Pokeballs available in Gen6, so I can get HA Cranidos in a Dive Ball and such.

And I also have Dream Ball female Aerodactyl, iirc.

While I can't get breed it in the Dream Ball, I can catch Dittos in Pokeballs available in Gen6, so I can get HA Cranidos in a Dive Ball and such.
Sorry, when you breed via Ditto the offspring is given a normal Poke Ball. :(

While I can't get breed it in the Dream Ball, I can catch Dittos in Pokeballs available in Gen6, so I can get HA Cranidos in a Dive Ball and such.

That doesn't ring true to me. I've had ditto-bred pokemon use the ditto's ball before (Ultra Ball, usually). I'm going to do more testing.

EDIT: aw, Taurosmulch, you're right. That sucks.That also means genderless and male-only pokemon (like Tauros and Hitmons) can't be bred for specific balls.
This is why we need a "Ball Transfer" to change the poke ball they're in. It's only an aesthetic thing but people like having balls that match the pokemon; I keep my ice types in Dive Balls, for example.

Last edited:

That doesn't ring true to me. I've had ditto-bred pokemon use the ditto's ball before (Ultra Ball, usually). I'm going to do more testing.

EDIT: aw, Taurosmulch, you're right. That sucks.That also means genderless and male-only pokemon (like Tauros and Hitmons) can't be bred for specific balls.
This is why we need a "Ball Transfer" to change the poke ball they're in. It's only an aesthetic thing but people like having balls that match the pokemon; I keep my ice types in Dive Balls, for example.
Awww man, and I thought it was possible ;_; Too bad Curtis gave me his pokemons in regular pokeballs... even the females ;_;

Well, maybe they'll update it again in future so that breeding with ditto gives it the father's ball. I mean they did it to HAs so why not the ball as well?

I have Curtis' Cranidos with me in Gen6. While I can't get breed it in the Dream Ball, I can catch Dittos in Pokeballs available in Gen6, so I can get HA Cranidos in a Dive Ball and such.

Lemme know when you confirm and I'll add it to the list.

I like having Fire types in Dive Balls ^_^

We really could use a thread for custom-Pokeball breeding somewhere. Post what females you have, what Ball they're in, and whether or not they have hidden abilities. I collected quite a few females in G5, haven't caught all of them yet.

Agreed. That's what I'm trying to do here, but specifically with Fossils since normally you can't get them in anything but regular Pokeballs.

I know this is an older thread, but do you still have this? Or anyone else have another bred female Aerodactyl in a dream ball? It's my favorite Pokemon and I didn't know until I saw this thread it could be in something other than a boring pokeball. I have shinies and legendaries, probably almost anything you want I could trade!

Thank you so much for your time, I hope to hear from you all soon and Merry Christmas!

Wesley :D

Also I have Ponyta's with Moon Balls, Level Balls, and Love Balls, Dratini's with Love Balls and Moon Balls, and I have an Oddish in a Friend Ball, and a Jigglypuff in a Love Ball, and a Houndour in a Level Ball.

I have a few I can breed. Omantye in Dive, Cranidos in Dive or Great, Aerodactyl in Premier, Lileep in Nest and Tirtouga in Dive. I think that's them all. Anorith in Premier/Quick/Dive and Kabuto in Repeat/Ultra are ones I'd like to find.

I know this is an older thread, but do you still have this? Or anyone else have another bred female Aerodactyl in a dream ball? It's my favorite Pokemon and I didn't know until I saw this thread it could be in something other than a boring pokeball. I have shinies and legendaries, probably almost anything you want I could trade!

Thank you so much for your time, I hope to hear from you all soon and Merry Christmas!

Wesley :D

Oh, passing down balls don't work with Dittos. I posted that before I knew of it. Sorry for the misinformation

I have a few I can breed. Omantye in Dive, Cranidos in Dive or Great, Aerodactyl in Premier, Lileep in Nest and Tirtouga in Dive. I think that's them all. Anorith in Premier/Quick/Dive and Kabuto in Repeat/Ultra are ones I'd like to find.

That would be really awesome Zeb! Is there anything you wanted other than fossils? Oh and my friend code is 3067-4891-5442 and my name is Wesley.

Super old thread but anyone have cranidos in a luxury building a comp team and it my preferred ball I don’t have many shinies but have all egg group pairs in luxury and 6IVs

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom