• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Ground Starter Brawl: Swampert vs Torterra

Better Looks: Torterra
More Useful: Swampert for having only one weakness
Better Ground type: Swampert for its access to Ice moves against Dragon types (what do you expect, Water is a broken type)
Who would win: Unless it holds either a Yache Berry or Focus Sash, Torterra wins, otherwise, Swampert wins for being faster.
Final Verdict: Swampert

I voted for Swampert since my favourite pokemon/starter is Mudkip, Swampert only has one weakness and I like it's moves.

Overall, Swampert. Torterra is cool and everything, but the idea of Pokémon living on it's back just makes me think of Fleas. In battle, I think this would be one of those scenarios of who hits first wins.

Who has the better looks?
Torterra
Who's more useful?
Swampert
Who's the better Ground type?
Swampert
Who's your favorite?
Swampert becuz i liek mudkipz
Who would win in a battle?
Swampert ice beam and bye bye Torterra

Swampert,no contest although ive never had time for the grass type myself.Always wanted to become the champion but as a water type trainer.Also,grass doesn't really have many advantages.And swampert was my first starter because mudkip is cool.

In a battle, Torterra could win by breaking the focus sash with bullet seed and winning. I still vote for Swampert though. It looks like a beast and was a great lead in 4th gen.

Torterra would just destroy Swampert with Seed Bomb or Wood Hammer if it can avoid an Ice Beam/Punch.

I like them both, but Swampert hits slightly harder and is faster, not to mention a better typing.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom