• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GTS Warning...

I'm going to assume it's fixed because I tested it with a Magikarp nicknamed Dialga...and I couldn't trade it.

But seriously...the GTS was supposed to be a great thing for the games...why is it filled with so many flaws and exploitable errors?

Simple, and I'm not being racist, it seems to be in the japanese nature to NOT mas exploit glitches, unlike americans...

The same thing happened to me, I searched MANAPHY and i saw a murkow named MANAPHY.:eh:

Interesting.

Well, I guess the only safe way to trade is with someone else directly, using your Friend Code. Apparently, the GTS has turned into a place where hackers fool people into trading for the wrong thing just so that they can laugh at their misfortune. I mean let's face it, if someone tries to trade a Lv. 100 Kyogre for a Manaphy, see that their trade went through, and then find that it's actually just another Lv. 100 Kyogre named MANAPHY... that's pretty devastating and disappointing. Hackers are doing this solely to hurt people's feelings, out of sheer malice.

I haven't even used the GTS at all yet, and I probably never will... hacked Pokes, cloned Pokes, and just straight-up glitched, counterfeit Pokes don't sound like my cup of tea.

The funny thing is that all the pokemon I've seen in the wrong spot have been Murkrow. Very weird ^^;

Well, i've put a voltorb nicknamed "MEW" on offer, but i doubt it will show up when people search for mew... :/

Wait I'm confused if you can see the pic of the pokemon then why get tricked?

If you put up a Dialga for a Palkia, and someone has one named Palkia, it'll switch them. So you aren't really getting tricked so much as you're getting shit on.

Hubologist said:
Well, I guess the only sane way to trade is with someone else directly, using your Friend Code.

Fixed.

Anyone who gets tricked like this when they're trading with people they don't even know deserves all the frustration they get.

Anyone who gets tricked like this when they're trading with people they don't even know deserves all the frustration they get.

Agreed. This is why I don't trade with people I don't know or use the GTS.

I don't think people DESERVE to be tricked...I mean really, all pokemon should be legit (not Sharked or ARd) and if it's a clone or other glitch-exploit (shaymin/darkrai) both parties need to know.

That's it! It should all be honest, like everything else...

grumbe grumble...

::is a hermit::

I put up my spare grotle for a prinplup. I got a prinplup all right caught in a master ball that only knew water sport and with the nickname ugotjacked. As if I couldn’t tell. Luckily I only needed it to breed once then after I breed it I released it. You know in previous generations I could understand hacking pokemon for filling out the pokedex say if you had no one to trade with but with the GTS there is no excuse. I got most of my 4th gen. starter pokemon of The GTS by offering craniados.

I put up my spare grotle for a prinplup. I got a prinplup all right caught in a master ball that only knew water sport and with the nickname ugotjacked. As if I couldn’t tell. Luckily I only needed it to breed once then after I breed it I released it. You know in previous generations I could understand hacking pokemon for filling out the pokedex say if you had no one to trade with but with the GTS there is no excuse. I got most of my 4th gen. starter pokemon of The GTS by offering craniados.

Well... I think quite a lot of people start hacking initially in order to get access to event legendaries. First of all, even if there is a Nintendo event going on near your city, kids and adults can have a hard time getting there (kids' parents may not want to take them, and for adults like me, we may not have the spare time to go, nor want to be the only adult actually trading Pokes at a kids' event... I mean, think about it.)

I'm not saying Pokémon is a kids' game, not at all. I think it's for everyone. But kids are the target audience. Playing Pokémon at home or among friends is one thing... showing up as a Pokéfan in public when you're a lone adult is another thing entirely.

Besides that, though, a lot of people who play Pokémon may not have any access to Nintendo Events at all. A lot of different countries probably have no Nintendo events within their borders. And since you can't breed event legendaries, people would have to be crazy to trade theirs.

For some people, like me:

1.) I can't really get event legendaries at a Nintendo event (even if I wanted to go, some of those events are already over).

2.) I can't trade for legitimate event legendaries. There's a high likelihood of hacking and cloning there.

So people come to the conclusion that they must hack to get the rarest Pokémon, and that's what they do. Personally, I just write them off as "unobtainable" and ignore them, but it's pretty upsetting.

Really, I think The Pokémon Company should put some serious thought into making Pokémon like Deoxys available to people somehow, even if they wait until a year or two after the special event. Otherwise, people are just going to hack them anyway, which causes a lot more problems than it solves.

Someone else I can diagnose with "Team Rocket Syndrome"

Anyways, I thought up a good comparison between Hacks/Clones and STDs.

Hmm I did run across that but I didn't think much of it. Thanks for the warning I'll keep a closer eye out. *sigh* Silly GTS....

Aw man... I laughed SO HARD when I saw that Torterra-Mew thing. I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out if it was a Torterra named Mew, or a Mew named Torterra, I started crying in laughs. I'm STILL laughing at it.

Besides that, though, a lot of people who play Pokémon may not have any access to Nintendo Events at all. A lot of different countries probably have no Nintendo events within their borders. And since you can't breed event legendaries, people would have to be crazy to trade theirs.

in total agree ment there. no events hapen in australia

1.) I can't really get event legendaries at a Nintendo event (even if I wanted to go, some of those events are already over).

if they r over does that mean that they wont happen ever again?

Really, I think The Pokémon Company should put some serious thought into making Pokémon like Deoxys available to people somehow, even if they wait until a year or two after the special event. Otherwise, people are just going to hack them anyway, which causes a lot more problems than it solves

still ageeing with you!!

also this is my first quote so if i made a mistake please alert me

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom