• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[Help]::Advantages & Disadvantages of Forum Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.
the best part, about smf, is that you can install mods, by the click of a button.

who cares, people only one good features, and smf, is getting better everyday, somebody already converted one skin from phpbb, and another person made a skin that looks liek mybb, the only bad part about smf, is really hard to make your own skin.

No, some people actually care about the accessibility of the options and look of the forum. <_<

And I'd personally rather install mods manually- the Package Manager only installs to the SMF default skin and really starts to crap up if you have a lot of mods installed.

SMF has some of the best looking free skins I've seen for a forum.
The default is ugly though... >.<

Most of SMF's skins are ugly... phpBB skins are much better... IPB 1.x weren't bad either... but SMF... eww.

well i found great skin for smf, and looks like one is a skin that was first made for phpBB, and is really use on a lot of forum that use phpBB, and the other one look just like the ones for mybb.

xtSMF is one of my favorite skins...
And a lot of phpBB skins look awesome too. Now if only the forum system was that good. =/
Even though Olympus looks like it'll be awesome.

when phpBB release Olympus, i think it will be the year 2010, they have taken so long.

PN Kyo said:
when phpBB release Olympus, i think it will be the year 2010, they have taken so long.
Meh, don't insult PHPBB, I'm beginning to take a liking to it. There are a lot of cool features and default skin is not as horrible as SMF's which looks even worse when viewed "Disabling Images". Just that they need "MODS" for everything and anything but I hear it's quite easy making one.

P.S : BTW Does anyone know how to disable post count in a particular forum alone in PHPBB.

~ CC

you have to install a mod there for everything, thats what i hated.

Then again, you aren't stuck with a bunch of features you don't want (reputation... x.x)

I'm serious.

And when I last used that mod, it was kinda... buggy.

Most phpBB mods are buggy. And you have to install so many, that they start breaking your forum and slowing it down to a crawl... <_<

Most are just fine. ^^ And most work well together ^^

*used to have a wonderfully hacked phpBB*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom