• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Here's a Dilemma for you...

Pieman3000

Reaction score
Me vs. Giratina

I have 3 great balls and an ultra ball.

As you know as soon as i leave the room, i'll never be able to battle him again.

Dragonite knows thunder wave so i can paralyse..but ive tried to catch him tens of times already to no avail.

the most ive been able to get is three wobbles with the ultra ball...great balls can only manage one wobble at most.

My questions are...could i catch Giratina? do you know the odds? what situation would make it most likely for a capture?

the pokemon i have in my party are...

dragonite lvl 58, knows aqua tail, thunder wave, dragon rush and dragon dance

tyranitar lvl 58, knows earthquake, rock slide, crunch and screech (ability: sand stream)

salamence lvl 59, knows zen headbutt, crunch, protect and dragonbreath

milotic lvl 44 knows aqua tail, rain dance, refresh and recover

charizard lvl 59, knows flamethrower, heat wave, slash and wing attack

steelix lvl 34, knows cut, rock smash, strength and rock climb

dont ask how i got into this...im just a noob.

Um... Why do you think that when you leave the room you won't be able to battle Giratina again? Didn't you save before fighting it? And if not, just restart, buy more balls and try again... Just make sure not to kill it before that.

you went into giritinas cave with those... oh well just paralyze it weaken it and hope that you get lucky with your next ultra ball...

I'd suggest Timer Balls and Dusk Balls. Once you weaken it enough, since you are in a cave, Dusk Balls get a 4x bonus, 1x more than an Ultra Ball. Once you run out of Dusk Balls, there should have been enough turns that Timer Balls will start to work wonders. I also suggest bringing a Normal Type along, so that when Giartina attacks with that two-turn Ghost Type attack, you switch in the Normal Type and take no damage.

I'd suggest Timer Balls and Dusk Balls. Once you weaken it enough, since you are in a cave, Dusk Balls get a 4x bonus, 1x more than an Ultra Ball. Once you run out of Dusk Balls, there should have been enough turns that Timer Balls will start to work wonders. I also suggest bringing a Normal Type along, so that when Giartina attacks with that two-turn Ghost Type attack, you switch in the Normal Type and take no damage.

i use a normal flying type so its shadow force and its earth power cant hit me so the only damaging attack it has left is a measly slash.

As you know as soon as i leave the room, i'll never be able to battle him again.
Now I'm no expert, since I found Giratina by accident, but I would assume that wouldn't be the case. I suggest saving right before you walk up to him, then go out the room then back in to see if he's still there. Or something.

But what's strange is you enter the cave with those... unless you, like myself found him by accident..

I suggest saving right before you walk up to him, then go out the room then back in to see if he's still there.

Well if he did that, he'd go back to the first room. Turnback Cave does that.

Though finding Giratina isn't that difficult. First time I found him, he was in the third room, not counting the entrance room.

As you know as soon as i leave the room, i'll never be able to battle him again.QUOTE]

Well the magority seem to think that if you leave, you can battle it again, but you'll just have to go through Turnback Cave again. I don't mean to be offencive, but mayby you were right when you said
I'm just a noob.
Either that, or your source for this information is unreliable.

As you know as soon as i leave the room, i'll never be able to battle him again.QUOTE]

Well the magority seem to think that if you leave, you can battle it again, but you'll just have to go through Turnback Cave again. I don't mean to be offencive, but mayby you were right when you said Either that, or your source for this information is unreliable.

This is probably gonna be taken the wrong way but hey i feel like saying it anyway.

So hes got the facts wrong so what? Correct him without being patronizing and move on. He himself stated that so why quote him in order to reiterate his noobishness.

Everyone starts somewhere oh and for the record, when people say they dont mean to be offensive, they generally do.

Peace out

Well if he did that, he'd go back to the first room. Turnback Cave does that.

Though finding Giratina isn't that difficult. First time I found him, he was in the third room, not counting the entrance room.
Oh. I didn't know that. Well if the cave is so frustrating, when you go out you can grab a bunch of repel to keep all the level 60 titans away from you, I suppose...

I found him because I was just wandering around a strange cave O-o lol, it didn't even occur to me it was Giratina's cave

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom