• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Closed Hey maybe I should do my headcanons here (OUTDATED)

Johto profiles - 2
  • Will Suzuki
    DOB: July 7, 2979
    Hometown/Region: Lance’s basement
    Hinodego name: Itsuki (イツキ)
    Sexuality: Bisexual
    Blood Type: O
    Occupation: Elite Four member, says being a magician is his job, but like… he’s not making money from it
    Medical History: PMDD
    MBTI: INTJ

Karen Karasu
    DOB: October 31, 2976
    Hometown/Region: Lance’s basement
    Hinodego name: Karin (カリン)
    Blood Type: AB
    Medical History: N/A
    MBTI: ENTP

Eusine Enomoto
    DOB: October 14, 2976
    Hometown/Region: Morty’s couch
    Hinodego name: Minaki (ミナキ)
    Sexuality: Pansexual
    Medical History: Has gotten himself injured multiple times in his hunt for Suicune
    MBTI: ENFP

Hoenn profiles - 1
  • May Birch
    DOB: September 20, 2986
    Hometown/Region: Littleroot Town/Hoenn
    Hinodego name: Haruka (ハルカ)
    MBTI: ESFJ

Brendan Yoshida
    DOB: July 2, 2986
    Hinodego name: Yūki (ユウキ)
    Sexuality: Bisexual (slight masc-aligned lean)
    MBTI: ESTP

Norman Yoshida
    DOB: September 8, 2959
    Hinodego name: Senri (センリ)
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    MBTI: ENFJ

Wally Tsuruta
    DOB: May 31, 2988
    Hometown/Region: Petalburg City/Hoenn, later Sootopolis City
    Hinodego name: Mitsuru (ミツル)
    Medical History: Born two months premature, immunocompromised, social anxiety
    MBTI: INFP

Last edited:
    Hoenn profiles - 2
  • I'm sorry, Hoenn
    CW//Mental Illness, drug abuse, implied abuse

Roxanne Roche
    DOB: September 1, 2981
    Hometown/Region: Rustboro City/Hoenn
    Hinodego name: Tsutsuji (ツツジ)
    MBTI: ISTJ

Brawly Hamasaki
    DOB: August 20, 2981
    Hometown/Region: Dewford Town/Hoenn
    Hinodego name: Touki (トウキ)
    Blood Type: A
    MBTI: ESTP

Wattson Surge
    DOB: June 8, 2925
    Hometown/Region: Mauville City/Hoenn
    Hinodego name: N/A

Flannery Farrell
    DOB: July 20, 2983
    Hometown/Region: Lavaridge Town/Hoenn
    Hinodego name: Asuna (アスナ)
    Sexuality: Lesbian
    MBTI: ESFP

Winona Kimura
    DOB: October 4, 2976
    Hometown/Region: Fortree City, later Sootopolis City/Hoenn
    Hinodego name: Nagi (ナギ)
    Medical History: Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and trauma from... a lot of stuff; fertility issues
    MBTI: ISTJ

Anabel Kimura
    DOB: February 20, 2980 (due to, like, Ultra Wormhole stuff, Faller!Anabel is 36 when Mainverse!Anabel is 21)
    Hometown/Region: Fortree City > Azalea Town > Ikusajima Island (Mainverse!Anabel)/Fortree City > Azalea Town > Ikusajima Island > ??? > Hau'oli City (Faller!Anabel)
    Hinodego name: Lila (リラ)
    MBTI: INTJ

Tate Hua
    DOB: June 10, 2991
    Hometown/Region: Mossdeep City/Hoenn
    Hinodego name: Fu (フウ)
    Sexuality: Unsure
    MBTI: INFJ

Liza Hua
    DOB: June 10, 2991
    Hometown/Region: Mossdeep City/Hoenn
    Hinodego name: Lan (ラン)
    Sexuality: Unsure
    MBTI: ENFJ

Wallace Izumi Papadakis
    DOB: August 15, 2976
    Hometown/Region: Sootopolis City/Hoenn
    Hinodego name: Mikouri (ミクリ)
    Occupation: Coordinator, Lorekeeper, Gym Leader to Pokémon Champion
    Medical History: Immunocompromised; At the age of 19, after being hospitalized for a ruptured esophagus and complications from malnutrition, Wallace was diagnosed with PTSD, GAD, Purging Disorder, Substance Abuse Disorder (alcohol, prescription, illegal substances, marijuana), Bipolar II Disorder, and OCD/OCPD; fertility issues

Last edited:
    Mental Health Stuff
  • You know, after going from here to Alternate Title, Alternate Champion (your earlier reply to me about Wally spurring me over there), reading all of what happened over there, and then coming back here, has me wondering about something (a lot of things, actually). I know that your characters often have a lot of… “stuff” (as I like to call it) going on inside themselves that they have to deal with; stuff that the real world often doesn’t help a lot with, assuming that it’s even fully understood or recognized at all, if not worse. But what I’m wondering is… how does your world treat this “stuff”? And how do some of your characters handle how both the world treats that “stuff” and, well, how that “stuff” treats them? Especially, say… Wallace and Winona? It seems in particular that the latter might’ve had a really hard time with it, given her apparently not very pleasant relationship with her mother…
    Okay, so this is a very interesting question, and I ended up thinking way more about it than I thought I would. So... late and long ramble incoming. (Also I'm mainly going to be focusing on Hoenn/possibly Hinode as a whole because... the world. The world is big.

CW//Mental Illness, Suicide

In theory, I headcanon the world of Pokémon as much more utopian than ours: healthcare is free, people are generally good to others, etc. In practice, I write to vent and process and stay up for hours looking up how hospitals in Japan vs Greece vs France, and I write character who are very, very, very biased (consciously or otherwise).

I try to lean more to a Nobledark route—things aren't as good as they could be and there's plenty of issues with the system (a lot of evil teams sprouted up from dissatisfaction with governments or humanity, people down on their luck being exploited by crime lords and corrupt foes, rich people who just hate poor people, etc.), but there's always the hope that things can get better. People band together to speak up and make change and help their siblings of the land, sea, and sky. Around the turn of the 31st century, things are looking up for many people. Characters struggle with a lot of shit, but with strength from within and a little help from their friends, things get better. That's the biggest takeaway I want to take away from writing: hope. There's always hope that things will get better.

But none of that answers the original question so let me just get to that

Healthcare across the world is considered a human and Pokémon right, and healthcare is free. That being said, the general public's understanding of mental illness is... spotty at best and sensationalist at worst. Think gossip tabloids obsessing over celebrity mental illness. Most people know that mental illness is bad, but not how to spot the warning signs or get help. This is especially true for lesser-known/understood disorders such as BPD and schizophrenia. Suicide is a big issue, especially after the Hinode economic collapse of 2978, but it's a... touchy topic that few want to discuss for cultural reasons. It certain areas, mental illness is seen as weakness.

But things are improving in recent years, especially in the 3000s (which is around the time that ATAC takes place). More public figures are opening up about their struggles with mental illness, leading to more awareness and understanding. Education on mental health is becoming more widespread.

And that’s not even mentioning Pokémon Based Therapy! Some people use Pokémon as service mons. Pokémon like Chansey and Hypno are vital to treating mental health patients. To tie this back to Wallace my beloved, they have a therapy Spheal who helps during panic attacks and nonverbal episodes with clapping communication and grounding hugs.

Agatha
  • So... I accidently came up with some absolutely clownish lore for Agatha.

CW//Horror??? themes of death and murder

Long ago, Agatha made a deal with a Gengar. In exchange for being Gengar's vessel, Agatha is able to extend her lifespan (and get really cool martial arts fighting skills)... through murder. So if she murders a 30 years old, she gets 30 more years, etc. She offered this deal to her daughter, Bertha, but Bertha wanted to live a normal, mortal life of freedom.

Also she... might be Blue's grandma. It's a mysteryyyyyyyyyy

Orre
  • Any headcanons for Orre? Orre meets Hoenn perhaps?
    Evil laugh

CW//Murder, mentions of prostitution

I've been thinking about Orre recently (blaming the TR Discord server for that /lh) and then I thought about writing an Orre oneshot as part of my oneshots plan for NaNoWriMo. I have really, really scattered thoughts and headcanons, so... disjointed notes incoming.

1. Orre is a... region? That's a pretty good catch-all term for areas in Oceana/the Torchicverse world, and it avoids the messy debate as to what exactly Orre is.
    3. It's a very messy debate that has resulted in at least two murders.
    4. Orre has a population of 275k, which cluster around small population areas surrounded by dead wastelands. Sort of like Jakku in The Force Awakens.
    5. Orre is a wasteland, a wretched hive of scum and villainy (I'm hyperfixating on Star Wars, okay). Think sci-fi meets wild west. Crime is rampant, and punishment went out to buy cigarettes and never came back.
    6. As a result, everyone from the backyard kids to the ladies of the night to the morally gray criminals have taken matters into their own hands to dispense justice.
    7. In theory, there are laws and stuff, but in practice, authorities are few and easily bribable.
    8. In more extreme cases, civil war has taken over.
    9. The safest city is Phenac City, a haven with the closest thing to a government in the whole region. But when crime does happen in the city, the perpetrators usually get off without as much as a slap on the wrist.
    10. In recent years, however, the Orre Republican Revolutionary Establishment (ORRE), in association with the Hinode government and the Rangers Union, has been trying to establish order of some sor(re)t.
    11. Of course, this has led to some pushback from crime gangs and vigilantes alike, because of "tradition and culture" and distrust.
    12. Both the Stone family and Team Rocket have minor syndicate offshoots in Orre. While not governments in the traditional sense, get on their good side and you're guaranteed to live in Orre and die of natural causes instead of murder. Get on their very good side, and your enemies will conveniently disappear.
    13. Orre was originally established by criminals and debtors escaping punishment. As its reputation reached across the continent, more people flocked to its oases.
    14. As a result of this, Orre is a mishmash of folktales and traditions, varying from place to place and family to family.
    15. Quite prominent is the Church of the Phoenix, a somewhat organized religion with Ho-Oh as their primary deity. At the very least, they provide charity and hope to many. The Church has some similarities with Johtonese spiritual/religious practices, though it's not technically a denomination.
    16. There's several theories as to why Orre doesn't naturally have wild Pokémon, though within recent years, Pokémon have been spotted wandering the deserts.
    17. There's also several Pokémon-run establishments outside of Phenac City.
    18. Team Cipher has been recruiting down-on-their-luck commoners and vigilante warriors alike in recent years. There's been rumors of them doing experiments on Pokémon, but so far there isn't definitive evidence of anything...
    19. Pokémon training is a luxury of the elite, and casual trainers are gatekept out of what little League... expies there are.
    20. Moisture farming.

Discord ramblings - Gyms
  • Like okay so uhhhh the Gym thing was originally a thing in Hinode regions
    technically it was a carry over from Celestican Arceism
    The ten heroes and all that
    Later it became eight of the strongest warriors/trainers in (insert type of sovereign state here) being led by two shoguns(?)
    Eventually after the Unnamed Wars of Antiquity the League became standardized as eight Gym Leaders plus the Champion. Later on, the Elite Four was added as a way to have easy access to successors (because Champions kept getting assassinated and it was easier to choose the strongest E4 member than choose one of the squabbling Gym Leaders)
    Which is why Hinode regions have E4 members being battled in a set order (because the strongest one takes over in the event that the Champion... gets assassinated)
    Soon the League spread past Hinode and got adopted into other regions, though in some cases certain parts got changed or didn't get adapted (for example, Galar doesn't have an E4 because Gym Leaders and Champions are more like sports figures than political figures like they are in Hinode)
    In Hinode at least, there's no set order to battle the Gym Leaders, and most will scale their teams based on the number of Gym Badges a trainer has
    Puzzles and Gym Trainer battles are a thing, to weed out the weak or the clout chasers
    In Hinode regions, Gym Leaders are community leaders, protectors, and keepers of peace
    In Kalos and Galar they're more like celebrities who also bring fame to their cities
    Ah shit and then there was another war in Kanto and now I have to figure out the political landscape of not Hoenn
    This has nothing to do with Gym puzzles
    For some, having a Gym in your city is a sign of prestige. When Sootopolis City managed to get a gym in the major Hoenn League, it was a sign of the Hoennese government finally recognizing Sootopolis City as... more than a dump

bestows my stupid stone mafia hcs upon thee
  • - The Stone family came to Hoenn from the Galar region. Devon Co. was originally a small mining union founded by Devon Stone (creative I know)

- By the time Stephanus Stone inherited the company, business was in hot water, and the family was on the brink of bankruptcy

- Joe "Mysterial" Stone may or may not have made some questionable business decisions to save his brother, including making the Stone family into a bootlegging/smuggling mob and doing loan deals with Madame Boss

- Profit! The Stones are forever indebted to the Rokettos! Let's hope that doesn't mean anything for the present.

- Not plot relevant but the Stones also own hotels. Insert Duel pandering.

- Joseph Stone is named in Mysterial's brother's honor, inherits the Devon Co. because Stephanus and his progeny died under mysterious circumstances. Mysterial is the current patriarch of the Stone family.

- Steven does some morally questionable things. Also he's a hippie dead set on bankrupting Devon Co. so he doesn't have to be chained to business for his whole life. Cue Steven adopting twenty children across four spouses and paying child support with Devon funds.

- Joe Stone, Steven's cousin, thinks Steven is a dumbass cause Joe wants to take over Devon and the Stone mafia

Grusha and Iono pride headcanons
  • I waited a bit to post these headcanons so I could play the games and get a feel for their characters before making any headcanons, and I have come to the same conclusion that Iono and Grusha are pan and trans

iono smile.png

Grusha smile.png

Iono - Transgirl and everytime she gets a transphobic comment she becomes more trans
    Grusha - transmasc, learns that he can still like feminine things and fully embraces his unique relationship with gender

iono colours.png
    grusha colours.png

Paldea LGBTQ+ headcanons
  • I have come to announce that these games are very queer

katyyyyyy.png
    hassel.png
    gay larry.png
    rikaaaaaaaa.png
    Tulip!.png
    brassie.png
    ryyymmmme.png

5b5.png

Tera lore
  • Humans have type affinities in Torchicverse. Spending a lot of type with mons of a certain type can develop an affinity. Pokémon are like that too! Spending a lot of time with mons of a certain type can influence their Tera type. Since most mons hang out with their kind/type, most tend to have the same Tera type as their regular type(s).

...Family tree??
  • Professor profiles
  • Professor Samuel “Oak” Ohkido
    DOB: February 1, 2925
    Hometown/Region: Pallet Town
    Hinodego name: Yukinari (ユキナリ)
    Blood Type: B
    Medical History: Hypertension
    MBTI: INTP

Professor Taiki Elm
    DOB: April 27, 2967
    Hometown/Region: New Bark Town
    Hinodego name: Taiki (タイキ)
    MBTI: INTP

Professor Dan Birch
    DOB: May 6, 2966
    Hometown/Region: Littleroot Town
    Hinodego name: Odamaki (オダマキ)
    Sexuality: Bisexual (strong lean to women)

Poly asks (Wallace/Winona/Steven)
  • Asks from here

SabotageShipping (Wallace/Winona/Steven)​

1. Who sleeps/sits in the middle? Do they switch?
    For the most part, Winona is in the middle. She likes being cuddled : ) But during bad mental health benders, Wallace sleeps in between Steven and Winona.

2. What does the bed situation look like?
    u9qYnmej8IYmQTkIRIPOt1rnLm4hoAAuwHs-m0D8UmnY6bPHRquIeePYU8F6JLmytnr13dqRCLvNQdFT34wAsKTHkfCktbduOkMS43Jtmrohkj7O0EZHZn74k9h4Y3LrtxaLjliINVnRdPVuNcvRHsA

3. Who fights more about stupid things and who ends up having to break up their childish arguments?
    Steven and Wallace’s biggest petty fight thing is over what colour the E Major scale is in. To Steven, it’s deep green. To Wallace, it’s gold. To Winona’s, it’s mountains, which are both deep green and gold, so stop fighting you two.

4. Which two got together first? Or did they all start dating each other at once?
    Wallace and Winona got together first as “oh no they’re hot” to hookup to semi-steady relationship. Through the semi-steady relationship, they both fell for Steven and shyly asked him "OT3?"

5. Who do people usually think is the third wheel?
    It varies. In college, it was a lot of Wallace!third wheel because he technically wasn’t supposed to be dating Winona and Steven, so it was easier to pass Winona and Steven off as the “monogamous” couple. At clubs, Winona often gets mistaken as their best friend or their hopeless romantic tagging along to find a date. When Wallace and Winona announced their marriage, rumors spread that Steven had a one-sided crush on Winona or Wallace, until it was revealed that actually, Steven would be marrying Wallace in Fiore and Winona in Ferrum (marriage laws in Hinode are complicated)

6. Who is the best cook? Who’s the worst cook? And who is the middle ground?
    It’s pretty evenly spread out, all things considered. Winona insists on Steven making chili whenever he’s home.

7. Who has been banned from choosing the movie because they have notoriously bad taste?
    …Shoot they need to watch more movies together lol.
    More seriously, they take turns choosing movies. For the most part, their tastes align, and the biggest barrier is that subtitles are sometimes needed.

8. Who’s the biggest drama queen?
    Wallace, hands down.

9. Who’s the most responsible?
    In their own special ways, they are all responsible and not. I guess Steven is the most responsible and grounded, though?

10. Who cannot be trusted at home alone?
    Circumstantial, but for various and sometimes similar reasons, they can't do long-term alone.

11. Who has to drag their partner(s) out to be social?
    They’re all kind of not the best at social stuff, so they help each other out. Though Steven does need to be dragged out of caves by Wallace and Winona.

12. Who has to kill the spiders? And who refuses to even get near them?
    Winona is terrified of bugs, but she insists on Steven safely getting them out of the house without killing them. Wallace, too, is scared of bugs, and Winona will hide behind him.

13. Who cries the most?
    It’s pretty even, and it’s changed over the years: in college, it was Winona>Steven>Wallace. Overtime, it became Winona>Wallace>Steven, then Wallace>Winona>Steven once they started having kids.

14. Who ends up clinging to one or both of their partners in their sleep?
    Wallace is very clingy at night.

15. Who’s the shortest?
    Winona (5’6)

16. Who’s the tallest?
    Wallace (6’0) (Steven is 5’9)

17. Who is the responsible adult at the grocery store?
    None of them go to the grocery store lol. It’s a scary place (oh also it’s really awkward going to the grocery store and seeing your favourite Coordinator buying Pepto Bismol because his husband thinks you can make bismuth crystals from it somehow (also like anxiety but he’s not gonna tell you that).

18. Who acts like a child every time they go shopping?
    See above

19. Who is forced to drive while the other two make out on the back seat on road trips?
    Wallace needs to be in the front because of motion sickness, so Steven and Winona can make out in the back.

20. Who is banished to the back seat while the other two talk in the front on road trips?
    However, sometimes Winona will sit in the front and talk to Wallace, and Steven will nap. He deserves it.

Torchicverse pride flags
  • It's the merry merry month of gay, you know what that means...

Time to finally share the gosh darn pride flags I made for my verse, done on the Sketchbook app on my phone.

Eevee pride flag
    eevee_pride_flag.png

A flag for the general LGBTQ+ community, with each colour being taken from a different Eeveelution. Eevee is a symbol of diversity, of growth, of endless possibility, and as such many queer people connect to Eevee and its evolutions.

Brown - people of colour
    White - trans, nonbinary, and GNC people
    Orange - passion and determination
    Yellow - optimism
    Green - knowledge of the past, present, and future
    Blue - peace
    Dark blue - beauty
    Purple - spirituality and community
    Black - mourning, remembrance, and striving for a better world

Sylveon transgender flag
    sylveon_trans_flag.png

A gay icon so popular, it gets at least two flags based on it

Pink - trans women
    Light pink - the MTF transition process, alternatively, people who are partially female/femme aligned genders
    White - Genders outside of the binary
    Blue - trans men
    Light blue - the FTM transition process, alternatively, people who are partially male/male aligned genders

Glimmet sapphic flag
    glimmet_sapphic_flag.png

Purple - Beauty, wisdom, kindness, elegance, vulnerability as wonderful things to be celebrated, no matter what those values look like, no matter whether they look traditionally feminine or not. All women deserve love, modest or not, femme or butch, fragile or tough, etc.
    Light cadet blue - nonconformity, whether in presentation, expression, or the simple act of existing as a sapphic woman. To be sapphic is inherently nonconforming in a heteronormative world.
    Yellow - Spirit and joy.
    Blue - ???
    Glimmet - a symbol of sapphic love for centuries. The turquoise colour symbolizes community and solidarity between all sapphics.

Toucannon bisexual flag
    toucannon_bi_flag.png

Pink - love of the same gender
    Purple - love of genders outside the binary, or bisexuals whose gender identity falls outside the binary
    Indigo- love of more than one gender
    Blue - love of the opposite gender

Luvdisc pan flag
    luvdisc_pan_flag.png

The same colour meanings as the real-world pan flag (pink for feminine genders, yellow for nonbinary genders, and blue for masculine genders), but colour picked from Luvdisc, THE gay icon don't @ me

Milotic pan flag
    milotic_pan_flag.png

Made by mini.or users for their pan icon Wallace

Parenting asks
  • Doing some asks from this list for developments purposes. Got a few questions from Discord, but feel free to ask here too!
    What kind of family gatherings does your muse prefer and why? - Sabotage (Steven/Winona/Wallace)
    Wallace and Winona... don't exactly have the best experience with family gatherings? Both with their own and meeting each other's. Their families kind of suck ass (tbf there are some good eggs, but a lot of them,,,,,, are bad). So even the term "family gathering" is enough to make both of them hide under the blanket.

To Steven, however, the term has less bad connotations and more... boring? connotations. Boring mafia business talks and cousins who were more into music/mafia business/defeating him in battle than rocks. So not the most positive, but better than what Wallace and Winona dealt with.

At some point in time, the three were living with Wallace's sister, brother in-law, and niece (AKA IAM recovery era), and a lot of their family nights involved board games and the like, mostly end-of-the-day things to wind down and try to relax.

Meeting Steven's family was certainly... tense for Wallace and Winona, based on their previous experiences and the whole mafia family thing. But overall, the Stone family is nice, if a bit eccentric (but then again, so is the trio).

All in all, the best family gatherings for the three of them are small and casual. Maybe just the three of them, or them with the kids, or one of them spending time with a family member they haven't cut out of their life. Wallace likes to do art as an activity, Steven likes anything to do with rocks, and Winona likes birdwatching and forest walks. All three of them like calm activities; even just sitting or resting together is enough.

What are your muse’s thoughts on parenting and being a parent even if they aren’t one? - Faller (Faller!Anabel and Looker)
    It's something Looker first thought about when he grew closer to Emma. Kind of a "I like this kid like she was my own". But alas, he had to leave her for his Interpol duties, though that lingering paternal feeling never did leave...

Anabel never really thought about it. She was more focused on Not Dying and Trying to Find Her MemoriesTM. Though the idea of having a normal family and a normal life despite everything was a nice one. Maybe one day.

Working together, they were busy with Interpol stuff, so they didn't really think of their relationship as anything more than coworkers in professional love who maybe got together from time to time. Things changed when Anabel found out she was pregnant, though. As the two weighed out their options, they realized that maybe yeah, they liked the idea of being a more... official family? Maybe they would try to make a normal life work.

Does your muse thing they are/would be a good parent? - Cheryl
    Pre-parent!Cheryl: She thinks so, yeah. Or more like "I will do what I can do to be the best I can be, and that's enough"
    parent!Cheryl: I'm pretty good at this : )

Back
    Top Bottom