• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you usually spend your New Year's Eve?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Do you tend to stay up to midnight, or maybe even later into the night? Do you go out to party? Invite anyone to your home? Or is the eve more like any other day for you and you just sleep whenever you wish? Let us know how you tend to spend your NYE!

(Making this thread at the end of April sure was a choice lol)

I don't do anything for New Year's, just another day for me. I stay up past midnight but that's what I do anyways most nights and then I dread it because it's gonna be at least a week of assholes setting off fireworks for hours at nighttime when I just wanna get some goddamn sleep. I think it was this past New Year's Eve where they were still setting off fireworks AT FOUR IN THE GODDAMN MORNING.

I wanted to SLEEP!!!!.

(Making this thread at the end of April sure was a choice lol)

I don't do anything for New Year's, just another day for me. I stay up past midnight but that's what I do anyways most nights and then I dread it because it's gonna be at least a week of assholes setting off fireworks for hours at nighttime when I just wanna get some goddamn sleep. I think it was this past New Year's Eve where they were still setting off fireworks AT FOUR IN THE GODDAMN MORNING.

I wanted to SLEEP!!!!.
This happens in my area as well. But in regards to how I mark the New Year, I go into the city (or Docklands to be exact) for the fireworks, and then head to Southern Cross station to get home). I am actually in one of the early timezones (UTC+1100, which is the timezone for Melbourne, Australia at New Years', which is of course Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time because it is summer for me), so I am actually in one of the first timezones to welcome in the New Year (places like Kiribati and New Zealand are before us).

We usually just make some typical party appetizers, like dips, and drink sparkling cider, and watch the Twilight Zone marathon that's always on TV. We switch to the ball drop like a minute before midnight, and I also celebrate with my islanders in ACNH :)

Incidentally, as someone who lives close to NYC and has been there about a million times, I think the people who actually go to Times Square in person on New Year's Eve are out of their goddamn minds

Stay up till midnight

For the past couple years we’ve been driving to the next city over and spending it with my cousin

Me and my cousin celebrated in animal crossing at the same time as having it with our family

Last year I listened to New Year’s Day by Taylor swift on the drive back and I want to make that a thing

I stay up ‘till midnight. Watch the ball drop. Dick around in a game for a few hours cause i am not tired and then pass out :3

New Year’s Day i go see the tree in Rockefeller center with my fam. I wanna get there at a time the Nintendo or lego store is open but it’s not possible with how slow my family is getting out of the house to go places

Back
Top Bottom